ADVERTISEMENT

Do you see Oscar bouncing back with a big game against Arkansas ?

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
I hope so.
Not familiar with how strong they are at center. I think the three guards they have are the strength of their team.

Reactions: Soupbean
so what we are saying " yeah he's fine against a team that doesnt have a big center " ? Sounds like it . Love the guy but he would benefit from playing some 4 with 3 great shooting guards ... hmmmm

Reactions: rob_47
LOL will Oscar bounce back? Well I personally never seen him go 2 for 14. Half of those shots were jumpers he had no business shooting. That's what the other team wants him to do....

You're shooting jumpers then you really have a hard time getting in there to rebound especially if you're outside the paint shooting 18-footers that you know damn well you're probably not going to hit. At least he's good at tracking his own shot.

But Oscar's the type of guy that he ain't going two for 14 this next game. Going right inside man he's going right inside 2 in from the rim all day long.

If he even hits three of those shots in the first half we got Florida down by 20 at halftime. I'm not worried about sorry-ass Florida at Florida. Oscar will be ready. What we have to worry about is we'll Reeves or Frederick or Wallace or toppin be ready that's what you have to worry about with this team!!

Wallace is hurt often. Toppin only good at home. Frederick is here one day gone the next.
Reeves can't get in the game as a starter.

A trend I have been watching a while. Do they have a five that is taller than him? Do they have a five that can match his strength? Either one of those will neutralize him except for him snagging 10-15 rebounds.

A trend I have been watching a while. Do they have a five that is taller than him? Do they have a five that can match his strength? Either one of those will neutralize him except for him snagging 10-15 rebounds.
As long as those 10 to 15 rebounds are back breakers that lead to scores I'm good whatever Oscar give me on offense. He's always capable of 35 and 25. I don't care who's playing against.

Oscar is a problem and he's dangerous. You got to get to him early cuz if he senses weakness he's going to destroy your ass on both ends.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Yeah, I wouldn't count on Oscar being down for long. Arkansas doesn't have a Castleton-type of player, and even if they did, I would still expect a bounce-back game from Oscar. If we've learned anything from him, it's that he deals with adversity very well and will just come back stronger and playing even harder. He missed shots against Florida he never misses. It wasn't just Castleton. He just couldn't catch a break at all.

LOL will Oscar bounce back? Well I personally never seen him go 2 for 14. Half of those shots were jumpers he had no business shooting. That's what the other team wants him to do....

You're shooting jumpers then you really have a hard time getting in there to rebound especially if you're outside the paint shooting 18-footers that you know damn well you're probably not going to hit. At least he's good at tracking his own shot.

But Oscar's the type of guy that he ain't going two for 14 this next game. Going right inside man he's going right inside 2 in from the rim all day long.

If he even hits three of those shots in the first half we got Florida down by 20 at halftime. I'm not worried about sorry-ass Florida at Florida. Oscar will be ready. What we have to worry about is we'll Reeves or Frederick or Wallace or toppin be ready that's what you have to worry about with this team!!

Wallace is hurt often. Toppin only good at home. Frederick is here one day gone the next.
Reeves can't get in the game as a starter.
I hate when he takes a bunch of jumpers. If he shoots more than 2/3 then he’s shooting too many IMO. I like him shooting more out on the wing/baseline than from top of the key.

The game in Florida could be bad. Oscar just doesn't do well against tall big guys, and theyre going to be counting the days for the rematch.
Oscar had 27 and 14 against Castleton in Gainesville last year. It's up to him and he's coasted leading into this year. You get what you put into your work and he's trying to play catch up.

I just want him to have a big game tonight and if he's not finishing around the rim/on his touches--let him go get his own off the glass and don't force playing through him. He's not good enough to play through when he's not scoring.

Oscar and Reeves avg a combined 29 ppg, they are UKs 2 leading scorers. Yet they combined for only 8 points v UF but UK still won by 5.

This is a scary reality about UK moving forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: IL Wildcat
I hope so.
Not familiar with how strong they are at center. I think the three guards they have are the strength of their team.
Yes I do. Oscar has one problem IMO that only happens when he faces long athletic bigs and that is he becomes very tentative on offense and "flinches" on his release afraid of the block. He releases his shot one beat before his eyes find the rim and that sublte thing is the difference between finishing around the rim or missing. He did that about 6 times agains Castleton and it got in his head.

He has to learn some better low post moves like a good drop step or up and under to attack those types without hesitating. If nothing else he'd get to the foul line more if he's agressive. I think part of his problem now is he doesnt have any go to moves so he hesitates way to much letting the defense set and help defense come.

I hate to say it and I hope I'm wrong, but I think Arkansas is going to give Oscar a lot of problems.

I haven't seen them play, but they have 2 brothers, 6'9 and 6'10", who are good shot blockers and Arkansas as a team has a very good interior defense (and pretty good perimeter one as well). One good thing is they're a pretty average rebounding team and give up a lot of offensive rebounds, so that might help Oscar do well.

Oscar had 27 and 14 against Castleton in Gainesville last year. It's up to him and he's coasted leading into this year. You get what you put into your work and he's trying to play catch up.

I just want him to have a big game tonight and if he's not finishing around the rim/on his touches--let him go get his own off the glass and don't force playing through him. He's not good enough to play through when he's not scoring.
Spot on.

Man, Oscar misses soooooo many bunnies! It’s just incredible! Was really hoping he’d eventually come out of it. However, I think it’s just who he is, unfortunately.
Yeah but he never misses that many! Even a dunk he missed. Won’t happen too often and you could tell he was frustrated with the whistle. He had more “fouls” than Floridas entire team.

I hate to say it and I hope I'm wrong, but I think Arkansas is going to give Oscar a lot of problems.

I haven't seen them play, but they have 2 brothers, 6'9 and 6'10", who are good shot blockers and Arkansas as a team has a very good interior defense (and pretty good perimeter one as well). One good thing is they're a pretty average rebounding team and give up a lot of offensive rebounds, so that might help Oscar do well.

Graham is good too. Also with Black at PG, I don't think Wheeler will be very effective. But Toppin should do well in this one.

Two early fouls on Castleton will fix that problem. Take it at him even if a couple shots get blocked. The last game Oscar stood flat footed and tried to go up against him.

ADVERTISEMENT