ADVERTISEMENT

Do you remember this?

88DEF296-1A91-4364-BA1B-6521F00A9C2B.jpeg
I was in Maui this summer and went to the gym to pay homage.

They let me in and I went 1-1 from the free throw line.

I remember that so vividly. I would have been absolutely gutted with a loss, wouldn’t have slept, been mad for 3 days. Now? Doesn’t even move the needle. Sad. Truly sad.

I know exactly what you are saying. I know I've posted this a couple of times in the past. 10/15/20/30/40 years ago on the day of the UofL game I would be so nervous & worried about the game that I couldn't eat a bite before the game, I was a nervous wreck before & during the game. And if we would lose to them I would be depressed for the next 2 days. And then when we played them in Dec. 2020, I was calm before & all through out the game & when the game ended & we had lost to them I turned the tv off & never gave the game a second thought, the loss to them didn't bother me at all........ This is what John Calipari has done to UK basketball

That was fun to watch, thanks for sharing. I've obviously seen that replay of Brassow's tip in a thousand times but it had been some time since I watched the last few minutes leading up to it for context. Good stuff.

Sitting at the bar...the atmosphere was the same as March. When Brassow tipped it in, I jumped up so fast I knocked this old mans glasses off his head - they went flying into a booth 20 feet away into some chicks half-eaten plate of chicken wings. Better yet, old dude is totally lit...here he comes back wearing buffalo sauced glasses looking for his beer...wore 'em like that for the rest of the night. [roll]

CCC still fails to see these type of games mattered to fans. UKIT mattered, if you have to play cupcakes, play more than one and bring in a couple decent teams and make it an event...instead of Bellarmine or North Florida partially filled snoozers that can only be seen from a shitty feed from ESPN+

Y'all want to know the real reason Cal won't play in these tournaments? Here it is, plain and simple: We'd go 0-3 or 1-2 in one of these and he'd truly be exposed on a national stage. He can't drop in sure wins against SC State between these losses. Plus, he can't control the scheduling, because only the first opponent is guaranteed. Look at the teams in the two Phil Knight tournaments. Other than the two Portland teams playing, name another team we'd surely beat. Maybe Xavier or WVU. That's it. The other 12 schools were: Alabama, Oregon State, Michigan St, Iowa St., Oregon, UNC, Duke, Iowa, Florida, UConn, Gonzaga and Purdue.

Y'all want to know the real reason Cal won't play in these tournaments? Here it is, plain and simple: We'd go 0-3 or 1-2 in one of these and he'd truly be exposed on a national stage. He can't drop in sure wins against SC State between these losses. Plus, he can't control the scheduling, because only the first opponent is guaranteed. Look at the teams in the two Phil Knight tournaments. Other than the two Portland teams playing, name another team we'd surely beat. Maybe Xavier or WVU. That's it. The other 12 schools were: Alabama, Oregon State, Michigan St, Iowa St., Oregon, UNC, Duke, Iowa, Florida, UConn, Gonzaga and Purdue.
Dncg6Dp.png

Say what you will about pitino but he loves his players. Seeing him fly off the bench to celebrate is classic
He also loved winning college basketball games and he hated to lose.
I was pissed when he flipped off the UK fan base in Rupp after another loss.
But now we have a clown coach laughing and cutting up with the other teams coach after he’s spanked us.
I’d take the coach flipping people off after losing any day!

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I’ll never forget it! Was watching it with Dad at his house. Him and his buddies rented a gym back then and just so happened to be playing that night. We were listening to pre game on the radio on the way home, talking about how good of a game it looked to be. Watched it once we got home.

How about that foul on Rhodes?! Woof! What a terrible call that was. My goodness.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I’ll never forget it! Was watching it with Dad at his house. Him and his buddies rented a gym back then and just so happened to be playing that night. We were listening to pre game on the radio on the way home, talking about how good of a game it looked to be. Watched it once we got home.

How about that foul on Rhodes?! Woof! What a terrible call that was. My goodness.
Watched it my dad and mom's house after I got off work with them. My wife's family was there too. We all watched it together. A great memory.

I found myself yelling "oh that's a bullshit foul!" at my computer screen. 29 year old play in a game I know we are going to win. And I'm still like "oh that's some bullshit right there!" lol.

I found myself yelling "oh that's a bullshit foul!" at my computer screen. 29 year old play in a game I know we are going to win. And I'm still like "oh that's some bullshit right there!" lol.
I do the same thing. 🤣

EDIT: that was the epitome of a “nickel-dimer”. We sure seem to get a lot of those.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT