ADVERTISEMENT

Do you consider Made in America when purchasing a car?

BigSexyCat

Senior
Nov 29, 2008
I personally do. In fact I will spend a little extra if it means it comes from the U.S.A. I'm not saying cars built in other countries are not finely built but I know when I buy a car built in America I'm helping a family, community and state pay their bills.

Reactions: Bill Derington
I do. But what about a import car built in America ? Say Toyota for example. Provides jobs, made here, etc.

Well he is from Detroit, Mi. The motor city you know. Sunspot Baby is only Seger song playing in the background for me.

Yes. I have an aversion to domestics b/c I've never owned a good one that wasn't a truck. When I bought my Toyota in 2004, it had more American-made parts (80%) than the domestic competitors and it was built in Fremont.

We buy Honda cars and Toyota trucks/SUV's b/c they don't bite back, they hold their value and exceed most other makers in overall quality. It's simple math.

I have owned GM, Toyota, and Honda Products and I’ll rank them in quality based on price, cost of repairs, longevity of use, resale value. 2 out of 4 GM cars that I owned were built in Canada, all Honda and Toyota’s built in USA.

1. Toyota
1a. Honda

3. GM

Well he is from Detroit, Mi. The motor city you know. Sunspot Baby is only Seger song playing in the background for me.
"Sunspot Baby" off of the Night Moves album is the best Bob Seger song ever.
You regularly jerk off to your Night Moves album cover while playing Sunspot Baby and fantasizing about being accepted by GYERO don't you?

BSE45855.jpg

Best car for the buck for me, which has been Honda and Ford sedans the last 11 years. Wife is German engineering and just switched from BMW to Audi.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
I'm ready for a new ride, been looking. I'm ready to retire my truck to farm and fun use only, but I can't find anything I really want that I'd want to pay for. I mean nothing. I'm not dropping $50k on ANY pickup just to drive it thru brush, mud and snow. I'm just not.

Front runner right now is the 4runner. And I mean by a country mile. Only SUV I've driven that doesn't feel like it's made of plastic or look like a lopsided egg. To go farther, I think the 4runner feels more solid than the new Tacomas. Last body on frame mid-sized SUV. Just feels good. Feels rugged. Not all the round edges and soft corners of today's numb driving experience. But, not enough to make me want to drop the money.

Reactions: Mashburned
You regularly jerk off to your Night Moves album cover while playing Sunspot Baby and fantasizing about being accepted by GYERO don't you?

BSE45855.jpg

Dude you have got some serious issues. It is ok to try and look cool in GYERO and all. But chasing strangers around on a message board is a bit immature don't you think ? Very few times i have considered this while posting on these boards over the years, but after what you said about me and hoping i was terminal ill, i would probably smacked the living shit out of you if we where to ever run into each other. TMFS. But whatever floats your boat, but please do not think you are even remotely funny,,, you are a wannabe big shot, P***y.

Cheers and Happy Holidays !!

Reactions: shutzhund
Dude you have got some serious issues. It is ok to try and look cool in GYERO and all. But chasing strangers around on a message board is a bit immature don't you think ? Very few times i have considered this while posting on these boards over the years, but after what you said about me and hoping i was terminal ill
Here’s my exact post re: “terminal ill” (sic):
You. You are worse.

Is there any chance whatsoever that you've got a rapidly progressing terminal illness?
Please show me where it says I hoped that you were.

Tundra because its a beast and will last until I'm ready to get rid of it. It was made in San Antonio but TBH I couldn't care less where it was made. Got it for reliability and what makes my $ go further, not keeping someone else employed.

Here’s my exact post re: “terminal ill” (sic):

Please show me where it says I hoped that you were.

Dude gtfu and quit playing on the wording. You asked the question "any chance i had a rapidly progressing terminal illness." I know the wordplay you where intending, you was saying it like you hoped I did and would soon go away. It was a shitty, not funny ,distasteful attempt at being cool on a message board. Hell you created about the 10th account to do it.. Own it like a GD man. I mean if you are a bad ass, too cool for school like you pretend to be, man the f**k up.

I have made bad, distasteful jokes that didn't go over well. But I would not ever try and lie my way out of it. Hell BBDK can't stand my posting and tells me regularly, but he evn knew it was waaayyyy across the line.

Reactions: warrior-cat
-87 Mustang coupe street car
-89 Mustang GT race car
-89 Ford F-150 I’m finishing restoration on
-02 Ford HD F150 lowered and modded truck
-03 Mustang Cobra stock
-06 Lincoln town Car daily driver
-15 Ford F-150 supercrew daily driver

Daughter has a 07 Ford Fusion as a starter car.

The woman drives a Buick Enclave.

I probably lean more towards domestics.

I'm ready for a new ride, been looking. I'm ready to retire my truck to farm and fun use only, but I can't find anything I really want that I'd want to pay for. I mean nothing. I'm not dropping $50k on ANY pickup just to drive it thru brush, mud and snow. I'm just not.

Front runner right now is the 4runner. And I mean by a country mile. Only SUV I've driven that doesn't feel like it's made of plastic or look like a lopsided egg. To go farther, I think the 4runner feels more solid than the new Tacomas. Last body on frame mid-sized SUV. Just feels good. Feels rugged. Not all the round edges and soft corners of today's numb driving experience. But, not enough to make me want to drop the money.

4Runner is still made in Japan factories with Lexus GX. Don’t mess with perfection. Tacoma’s haven’t been made on those frames in a long time.

When you start looking at the prices on used Toyota trucks/suvs...it’s hard to not buy new.

Cars I have owned ranked in order:

1. 2001 Nissan Maxima: Great practical ride for my 21-26 year old self, 2nd most fun to drive, very comfortable

2. 2014 Ford F-150 Crew Cab (current): Big, comfy, practical, hold my whole family, my dog, my golf clubs, and a bunch of other stuff and I can still tow our boat

3. 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe: Big, comfy, powerful engine and almost as practical as the truck

4. 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid: reliable, smooth driving, super excellent on gas, plenty of room for a sedan, kind of boring though

5. 2007 Mazda 5: Mini Minivan that drove like a sports car, plenty of room for the size, sort of geeky

6. 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee: Practical and space, very bad transmission a d 4 wheel drive wasn't great for its class

7. 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T the most fun to drive, but no space, not comfortable, unreliable (2 transmissions in 36,000 miles) and just a speed ticket magnet.

Me too. I'm going to sell my BMW convertible and get an SUV. The 4 runner or highlander is what I'm looking at but the wife wants a Tahoe.

Reactions: FusterCluck
Wife’s peeps from south of Detroit. Buying foreign is a slap in the face to those folks. Thank goodness American cars are better made now.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
I'm off GM & Chrysler ever since Obama & unions screwed their bondholders in '09 - the people providing their operating capital, not profit takers - & took their bonds'value to fund those pensions. I'm totally done as long as I live.

I’m pretty sure those words have never been uttered in that order in the history of mankind. Kudos.

I’ll continue saying whatever I so desire. Thanks.

Lol, I’m pretty sure I didn’t put them that way either. I simply asked you a question, a simple question that shouldn’t be hard to answer. Apparently you took offense to it, or you’re a Hypocrite.

I do. But what about a import car built in America ? Say Toyota for example. Provides jobs, made here, etc.
a domestically produced imported product? wow. That's quite an achievement by both industry and . . . and faith? Seriously, dude. I know what you're saying, but the fact is . . there is no such dog.

Fact is the "Big 3" certainly appreciate your use of "import". Because they don't want that word tagged to all they vehicles they build in Mexico. Even Chevy Silverado and Dodge Ram trucks have been produced in Mexico in recent years. Imports.

You want to buy a full size "American" truck that isn't built in Mexico? Stick with Ford.

I will not ever own another US car (or VW) for as long as I live.

Signed,
Previous ‘78 Buick Skyhawk owner

However, I may be coerced by Ford to give me a GT as retribution.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Depends on what I'm looking for.

Small to mid size vehicle: More than likely a Toyota or Nissan

Full size 4x4 truck: Ford, GM, or Chevy

Reactions: Pelosigalore
ADVERTISEMENT