ADVERTISEMENT

Do we still care about DOMINANCE

Fact: We are young. Whether by choice or not. We are young. The conditions did not help a young team. This is the state of college basketball. This is our coach. Bleating and wailing by spineless trolls and fair weather fans can’t change facts.

You clearly can’t help this program. You quit on them. Go sit down and cry in your beer. The rest of us have a basketball team to support.
We're young every year, so, we will always be at a disadvantage until late in the season, usually February.

That works when you get John Wall, Cuz, Randle, AD and Towns, but it doesn't work when you don't have top 5 kids.

We've been losing some real eye popping games these last few years. You can make all the excuses you want, but losing home games when you are the gold standard, is bad, losing home games to Richmond is really bad, losing home games to Evansville is flat out unacceptable. Losing by 34 to duke, is unacceptable. Losing home games to UT, come on.

So what, we didn't have a couple of 2hr long exhibition games, neither did Richmond or KU.

Did you take into account the fact that this team had 5 months of practice together? Most of it with Cal, since he couldn't go on road trips? Why so they look so uncoached? Who's fault is this?

We're young every year, so, we will always be at a disadvantage until late in the season, usually February.

That works when you get John Wall, Cuz, Randle, AD and Towns, but it doesn't work when you don't have top 5 kids.

We've been losing some real eye popping games these last few years. You can make all the excuses you want, but losing home games when you are the gold standard, is bad, losing home games to Richmond is really bad, losing home games to Evansville is flat out unacceptable. Losing by 34 to duke, is unacceptable. Losing home games to UT, come on.

So what, we didn't have a couple of 2hr long exhibition games, neither did Richmond or KU.

Did you take into account the fact that this team had 5 months of practice together? Most of it with Cal, since he couldn't go on road trips? Why so they look so uncoached? Who's fault is this?

Mostly the AAU coaching has fallen on its ass. If you need someone to blame, blame them. If you think you make a top tier D1 player in 5 months, you’ve spent too much time on PlayStation. That Cal can get it done in a year is amazing. Hell, Krychitski had the best in history supposedly and failed to get past the Elite 8.

This is our program. All you can do is whine and complain. I bet you yelled at your church league buddies buzzer to buzzer. Big team player.

Mostly the AAU coaching has fallen on its ass. If you need someone to blame, blame them. If you think you make a top tier D1 player in 5 months, you’ve spent too much time on PlayStation. That Cal can get it done in a year is amazing. Hell, Krychitski had the best in history supposedly and failed to get past the Elite 8.

This is our program. All you can do is whine and complain. I bet you yelled at your church league buddies buzzer to buzzer. Big team player.
That's fine if you want to use AAU as an excuse, but who's fault is it for anchoring our program to the backs of AAU players?

To answer the original question..........OF COURSE.

I mean everyone remembers 2015. The Kansas game. The UCLA game. That season was a ton of fun.

Everyone wants to beat teams and beat them by 20-30 points a game.

But I question if that will ever be the case anymore. Not with Cal but with any coach IMO. The superstars aren't going to college in the future. They are going right to the NBA. The talent gap is smaller.

It's going to be hard for ANY team to dominate IMO

That's fine if you want to use AAU as an excuse, but who's fault is it for anchoring our program to the backs of AAU players?

Tubby avoided AAU players. You are suggesting we go back to him? It’s no excuse. AAU teaches no defense. No team fundamentals. No passing. This has been abundantly clear for a very long time.

By the way, when was Excuse defined as a fact that Jeff doesn’t like?

Tubby avoided AAU players. You are suggesting we go back to him? It’s no excuse. AAU teaches no defense. No team fundamentals. No passing. This has been abundantly clear for a very long time.

By the way, when was Excuse defined as a fact that Jeff doesn’t like?
Oh, so that's our only option? It's either Cal and his Fredhmen, or Tubby Smith?

Did you think if this all by yourself? Seems like it.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
To answer the original question..........OF COURSE.

I mean everyone remembers 2015. The Kansas game. The UCLA game. That season was a ton of fun.

Everyone wants to beat teams and beat them by 20-30 points a game.

But I question if that will ever be the case anymore. Not with Cal but with any coach IMO. The superstars aren't going to college in the future. They are going right to the NBA. The talent gap is smaller.

It's going to be hard for ANY team to dominate IMO
Hell, I just want to beat the Evansville's, the K-States, the Richmond's and teams playing as bad as KU did on Tuesday night.

That would be nice.

No, if UK sends Cal packing for a Chris Beard type, they no longer care about being dominant. He has a subpar record and no major achievements other than being a runner-up once. In 5 seasons at TT, he has had 1 good season, and even it included 6 losses. His head to head record with Kansas is worse than Cal’s. He barely has a .500 record in Big12 conference play and hasn’t won the league outright or a conference championship tournament anywhere he has been so far. His 4 full seasons at TT are 18-14; 27-10; 31-7; 18-13. So far, this year, they are 2 -1 with a loss to Houston. Beards combined record at TT is 96 - 45, and his conference record is 40 - 32.

If this is the best we can do then UK has really fallen from grace over the decades. Frankly it’s embarrassing some of our fanbase has accepted the conclusion this guy is even worthy of an interview. Some of you inbred morons needs to pull your heads out of your asses and realize you’re being trolled by the OP and others into demanding changes be made that will damage the program for decades to come. Beard is nothing more than Billy G 2.0.

You currently have a hall of fame coach. 3x naismith coach of the year winner, AP coach of the year winner, 4x Sec coach of the year winner, including just last season. He has 6 final 4's (4 at UK), 6 SEC tournament championships, 6 SEC regular season championships (as recently as just last year.) He has helped improve the conference for years to come. UK is among the NCAA tournament favorite almost yearly. We recruit the best teams annually. We are represented at all levels. We rarely ever end up with a bad representative of our program and have had no serious issues during his tenure. Would I like to win it all every season? Sure! But that isn't realistic, nor is even a final four every year. However, we have it better and more consistent than any other program. Don't ruin it by being an ungrateful fanbase with unrealistic expectations. I'm middle aged and UK has never had it as well in my lifetime. Not even during the Pitino years. UK will likely never see this level of success again in my lifetime after Cal is gone. Please don't ruin it! We should still be beyond grateful Cal took the job in 2009. Trust me, coaches weren't just lining up for the job then or in 2007. Honestly, they weren't really in 97 or after Sutton either. Why do you think we ended up with Smith and Billy G? Be grateful for what you have and enjoy it as long as possible. When it's gone, there are no guarantees you'll get it back!

This post is horrendous. You are a moron, my goodness.

Notice not a single person thought this was a good post. It’s literally in your head alone. That’s supposed to scare you, but as I can see from your thought process, you aren’t capable.

• Haha
Reactions: Will Bithers
This post is horrendous. You are a moron, my goodness.

Notice not a single person thought this was a good post. It’s literally in your head alone. That’s supposed to scare you, but as I can see from your thought process, you aren’t capable.
Lol, that is the best you could come up with? 😂

Why you scared to tell us Beard’s record against KU, since that record is so important to you?🤷‍♂️

Coming to play in Lubbock Texas and for Texas Tech is a very hard sell lol. Let's see what Beard can do with the resources of a blue blood.

• Haha
Reactions: Will Bithers
Fans can be too critical when it comes to Cal but now we're blaming AAU coaches and players for our struggles?

A thread about dominance started by a guy that FLAT said cheating was ok by him if we didn't get caught and also said he wished Sandy Bell was gone "so we could get more creative in recruiting"

I mean you can't make this stuff up. Luckily, UK wouldn't spit on such people if they were on fire.

ADVERTISEMENT