ADVERTISEMENT

Do we beat UL?

I don’t think we can stop Lamar, but the good thing is they don’t have a star running back to go with him or a Davante Parker. I think we force a few turnovers. Also their defensive is bad, Benny should have 300 on them.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
It's really hard for me to get a feel for this game...

I think it's a toss up, but since it's at home, I'm gonna pick the Cats!!

I think we'll need to score 35+ to win, but after watching Boston College run all over them, I think that Benny will punish them.

Hopefully a good game from both teams....it is a toss up imo ....before I thought Kentucky would win 52 to 42...now with Alexander back for the Louisville Defense and you’re coming off a Physical game against Georgia going Louisville 42 Kentucky 35...But again would not be surprised with a Kentucky Win....Good luck in your Bowl game and hopefully you guys get a good destination.

I think if we can execute the same contain Lamar (as best as you can) defense that we played last year we will win. I think our physicality has bothered Louisville the last couple of years, and I think both our defensive and offensive lines are better. (albeit not by much). I don't think they can stop Snell, and I don't think Lamar can beat us by himself. Cats by 7.

Reactions: 1stKatMan
It’s going to be a shootout. UK’s offense plays well against non elite teams, Louisville isn’t elite, so I expect them to get their points. Comes down to whether or not the defense can shutdown their one good player. I expect a loss, but wouldn’t be surprised with a win, unlike last year.

It’s going to be a shootout. UK’s offense plays well against non elite teams, Louisville isn’t elite, so I expect them to get their points. Comes down to whether or not the defense can shutdown their one good player. I expect a loss, but wouldn’t be surprised with a win, unlike last year.
Yep. UKs offense destroyed EKU and EMU...guess they are elite.

We should , We could pound Benny all damn day , but I get the feeling the coaching staff doesn't have enough sense to keep away from stupid stuff like Wildcat. Wildcat Wildcat .. tosses to the 2nd string TE , and just screwing it up in general
LOL! Our "stupid" coaches are taking us to our 2nd straight bowl, and will sign another top 25 class.

LOL! Our "stupid" coaches are taking us to our 2nd straight bowl, and will sign another top 25 class.

We win next week and win the bowl I'll give some credit , Other than beating SC this year I see very little , if anything that tells me we are better shape than we were last year or 2 years ago .. we benefitted from a years worth of an easy schedule . Stoops looks like a walking anxiety attack on the sidelines . Just doesn't exude confidence at all to me . Poor play calling , poor clock management year after year . My patience is exhausted with him . But get 9 wins I'll admit he did pretty good .

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
If we are recruiting top 25 type classes are we ever gonna beat anyone in the top 25 ?

I don’t think we can stop Lamar, but the good thing is they don’t have a star running back to go with him or a Davante Parker. I think we force a few turnovers. Also their defensive is bad, Benny should have 300 on them.

Looking at the stats last week they had a stud with almost 200 yards on less than 10 carries. And our defense isnt great. And dont act like they dont have any good WR's because they do.

Have you seen our secondary lately? They dont NEED a Devante Parker.

This is a bad take on a lot of levels. You cant sit here and look beyond the facts. The facts are there.

Their defense is worse than last year but Snell had 52 yards on 11 carries. It took passing to win and Louisville TO's 4 times.

It's going to take passing again.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Looking at the stats last week they had a stud with almost 200 yards on less than 10 carries. And our defense isnt great. And dont act like they dont have any good WR's because they do.

Have you seen our secondary lately? They dont NEED a Devante Parker.

This is a bad take on a lot of levels. You cant sit here and look beyond the facts. The facts are there.

Their defense is worse than last year but Snell had 52 yards on 11 carries. It took passing to win and Louisville TO's 4 times.

It's going to take passing again.
There will be plenty of opportunities to pass. I'm worried about drops.

Simply run the ball with Benny, milk the clock, and keep the ball out of Lamar's hands...

We do that and we win.
How many points is that going to get us? We will need at least 30+ to sniff winning. So is "four corners " Offense going to get us to that number?

I guess all the non-UK fans in here haven’t watched their own team play. UL has one guy on the team. Stop him and it is a blow out. Don’t stop him and we win comfortable.

UL is bad. Really bad. And using Syracuse as some yardstick to their greatness is hilarious.
They have NINE games with 30+ points...think UK can match that? My guess is they better or it will be a long game!

We win next week and win the bowl I'll give some credit , Other than beating SC this year I see very little , if anything that tells me we are better shape than we were last year or 2 years ago .. we benefitted from a years worth of an easy schedule . Stoops looks like a walking anxiety attack on the sidelines . Just doesn't exude confidence at all to me . Poor play calling , poor clock management year after year . My patience is exhausted with him . But get 9 wins I'll admit he did pretty good .
Stoops is taking us to our 2nd straight bowl. He recruits better than any prior UK football coach since Curci, who got us on probation. I will point this out again. A recent poll of thousands of UK football fans on SEC Country.com showed that more than 75% of UK fans approve or strongly approve of the job Stoops is doing at UK. At a time of year when most UK fans would like for our program to be an attractive option for top high school football players, you and your pals bellyache about play calling and clock management as if Stoops is the only coach in America who doesn't have every decision turn out perfectly. LOL! It doesn't matter whether or not you give Stoops credit for what he is accomplishing, but know that you are in a minority that looks more and more petty by the week.

I was very confident in a UK win up until last weekend. Louisville seems to have finally figured things out defensively at least enough to not give up 600 yards against us, although stopping a high-powered Syracuse offense during a rainstorm without their starting QB isn't too impressive. After the way our defense got beaten down by Georgia and all the injuries we sustained, I don't see any way we can contain Lamar Jackson or cover the Louisville WRs. Our DBs have only been able to cover the Vandy WRs all season, and Louisville's WR's are much better than them. In the previous 3 games against Louisville, we either had a bye week the week prior to the game or we played a really bad team like Charlotte/Austin Peay. Our team looked like it had nothing left in the tank during the end of the 2nd quarter against Georgia.

I was very confident in a UK win up until last weekend. Louisville seems to have finally figured things out defensively at least enough to not give up 600 yards against us, although stopping a high-powered Syracuse offense during a rainstorm without their starting QB isn't too impressive. After the way our defense got beaten down by Georgia and all the injuries we sustained, I don't see any way we can contain Lamar Jackson or cover the Louisville WRs. Our DBs have only been able to cover the Vandy WRs all season, and Louisville's WR's are much better than them. In the previous 3 games against Louisville, we either had a bye week the week prior to the game or we played a really bad team like Charlotte/Austin Peay. Our team looked like it had nothing left in the tank during the end of the 2nd quarter against Georgia.
I think the rainstorm and the Syracuse injuries make it difficult to translate what happened last week to this Saturday. We know that UK beat UL in Louisville a year ago. Turnovers played a role in the outcome of that game, and turnovers will probably play a role again on Saturday. If we take care of the football, we can win. We are going to finish either 7-5 or 8-4. Both are winning records, and both get us to a bowl. I prefer 8-4, but we should have something to be happy about in either case.

Last edited:
How many points is that going to get us? We will need at least 30+ to sniff winning. So is "four corners " Offense going to get us to that number?
Boston College ran it 70% of the time, and still wound up with just a 50-50 time of possession! That defense is so bad, it's hard to run clock.

They have been pushing this myth about our poor schedule...but its false.

Last night the college rankings came out and we have played 3 ranked teams, Louisville has played 1 ranked team. We have beaten 3 teams with winning records and they have only beaten 1 team with a winning record. Seems to me like we have played the tougher schedule.

They have been pushing this myth about our poor schedule...but its false.

Last night the college rankings came out and we have played 3 ranked teams, Louisville has played 1 ranked team. We have beaten 3 teams with winning records and they have only beaten 1 team with a winning record. Seems to me like we have played the tougher schedule.
I think the ACC is overrated. But that may not be a factor in this particular game. If we take care of the football and play smart, then I like UK at home. This isn't the time to roll the dice and call a bunch of crazy plays. We can win this game by mixing the run with the pass, playing assignment sound, and taking care of the football. Obviously we have to keep LJ off the edge.

I think the ACC is overrated. But that may not be a factor in this particular game. If we take care of the football and play smart, then I like UK at home. This isn't the time to roll the dice and call a bunch of crazy plays. We can win this game by mixing the run with the pass, playing assignment sound, and taking care of the football. Obviously we have to keep LJ off the edge.
Also wearing out their defense with LONNNNNNG drives. When their offense scores, they score quick. That may play into our hand because they're 3 and out or score quick which will give us time to milk the clock to our liking.

Stoops is taking us to our 2nd straight bowl. He recruits better than any prior UK football coach since Curci, who got us on probation. I will point this out again. A recent poll of thousands of UK football fans on SEC Country.com showed that more than 75% of UK fans approve or strongly approve of the job Stoops is doing at UK. At a time of year when most UK fans would like for our program to be an attractive option for top high school football players, you and your pals bellyache about play calling and clock management as if Stoops is the only coach in America who doesn't have every decision turn out perfectly. LOL! It doesn't matter whether or not you give Stoops credit for what he is accomplishing, but know that you are in a minority that looks more and more petty by the week.

If your description of telling the truth is seen as " bellyaching" then Ok . I hope Stoops somehow proves us 25% 'ers wrong ( according to a fan poll ) and actually continues to turn this thing around . I'm just not convinced . And FWIW I have no pals , , we are all on the same team , its ok to disagree on how big a deal it is on things like clock management , throwing to our NFL TE , covering wideouts , closing out a half strong etc and etc Go Cats .

ADVERTISEMENT