ADVERTISEMENT

Do we beat UL?

Oh no poor us we’re so pathetic and Louisville is a juggernaut! They will probably win 95-10 and Lamar Jackson will run for 450 yds and pass for 500! Oh no! We’re so bad I’m going to say ridiculous things and assume even beyond the possible worst! Blah blah blah

I just don’t see us having the firepower to stay with them. Last year we couldn’t stop them but we could score with them, this we can’t stop them and we don’t have nearly enough offense.

It was going to be a shootout a month ago. Nothing has changed. Louisville has absolutely no defense. They score a ton from everywhere and take teams out of their sync. They also give up a ton of yards to teams that stick to their game plan.
Cats by four in a shootout.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
You do realize that their run defense is not bad, at all.

It will have to be like last year, Johnson going off.

Their defense hasn't been great but their last two weeks, it has picked up a lot based on the scores and yards if you look at their game stats.

They were playing against a 2nd and 3rd string QB and the cuse starting RB was out.

I'm a UL fan. No disrespect, but I would be shocked if you all won this year. Last year, I thought it was a 50/50 game despite the fact that we were a big favorite. There were warning signs all last season that we ignored, and things went belly-up at Houston. The team's ego got too big for their britches, the secondary was wrecked with injuries, Petrino and Grantham didn't take UK seriously, and Stephen Johnson made them pay the price.

The UL defense has been horrific this season, but it has been vastly improved with the return of Jaire Alexander (preseason 1st team All-American corner who essentially missed the first 9 games). The defense has gone from grossly incompetent to just crappy, which is a huge step in the right direction.

This is Lamar's last game (and God-willing Bobby's). I expect a lot of zone read with the occasional deep shot, both of which UK has been unable to defend all year. Feel free to mock me if I'm wrong, but I would be absolutely shocked if y'all get the win on Saturday. Stephen Johnson and Austin McGinnis cost UL a Sugar Bowl last year, and if our players have the slightest bit of self-respect (an admittedly dubious proposition), they will be absolutely out for blood.

I guess all the non-UK fans in here haven’t watched their own team play. UL has one guy on the team. Stop him and it is a blow out. Don’t stop him and we win comfortable.

UL is bad. Really bad. And using Syracuse as some yardstick to their greatness is hilarious.

I'm a UL fan. No disrespect, but I would be shocked if you all won this year. Last year, I thought it was a 50/50 game despite the fact that we were a big favorite. There were warning signs all last season that we ignored, and things went belly-up at Houston. The team's ego got too big for their britches, the secondary was wrecked with injuries, Petrino and Grantham didn't take UK seriously, and Stephen Johnson made them pay the price.

The UL defense has been horrific this season, but it has been vastly improved with the return of Jaire Alexander (preseason 1st team All-American corner who essentially missed the first 9 games). The defense has gone from grossly incompetent to just crappy, which is a huge step in the right direction.

This is Lamar's last game (and God-willing Bobby's). I expect a lot of zone read with the occasional deep shot, both of which UK has been unable to defend all year. Feel free to mock me if I'm wrong, but I would be absolutely shocked if y'all get the win on Saturday. Stephen Johnson and Austin McGinnis cost UL a Sugar Bowl last year, and if our players have the slightest bit of self-respect (an admittedly dubious proposition), they will be absolutely out for blood.

You’re gonna have to come up with some better reasoning as to why you’ll be “shocked” if UK won other than some corner and players having their feelings hurt over last year. That sounds like you just have a feeling or something.

Within the past month you got worked by Boston College and Wake Forest who both scored 40+. Feel free to buy into some improvement after beating UVA and Syracuse lol but you are what you are, which is on par with UK.

Serious question though... do you guys beat Alabama next year by 40? Or 50 points? You guys are a powerhouse and now ya have your chance.

To everyone claiming UofL is a juggernaut I don’t see any impressive wins from them to convince me that this game will be a blowout. Pretty much every team they’ve played that had an offense with a pulse has lit them up. UK should be able to score enough to win this game if they avoid turnovers. Also under Stoops this game has been won or lost in the 4th quarter. I don’t expect this year to be any different.

Louisville does not have a good defense, just like us. Well have to outscore them to win.

To the guy claiming Louisville has a good run defense... Hahaha. They we're top 10 in the nation in run defense last year. We went for 230 on the ground.

We'll run on them to shorten the game and keep Jackson off the field as much as possible. I think we'll win in a tight one.

If we lose this game to a pathetic UL team, Stoops won't have any momentum with the fan base.

This is a must win. Inexcusable to lose this game.

It isn't bad. It's atrocious.

They have 6th total offense
We have 99th

They have 65th total defense
We have 70th

They have 41th rushing defense to our 19th.

Their passing defense is 100th, with us being at 120th.

So really, the only HUGE difference is total offense.

Both defense aren't great. Both defenses have strengths. The thing is though, they rely on the pass, which doesn't bode well for us. We rely mostly on the run, which doesn't bode well for them.

Lamar wins his last game as a Card. But before their bowl game, we deal him one more loss! Both teams can score. I'm banking on us winning the special teams and TO battles to pull out a close one and get win number 8. Go Cats!!

They have 6th total offense
We have 99th

They have 65th total defense
We have 70th

They have 41th rushing defense to our 19th.

Their passing defense is 100th, with us being at 120th.

So really, the only HUGE difference is total offense.

Both defense aren't great. Both defenses have strengths. The thing is though, they rely on the pass, which doesn't bode well for us. We rely mostly on the run, which doesn't bode well for them.

Are those rate-adjusted and/or opponent-adjusted, or just antiquated "yards per game" stats?

Just asking. I honestly don't know which ones they are because I haven't looked it up lately.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
For sure we can win the game, but the way their offense ran the ball (not just Jackson, and he is bad enough by himself) scares me. I thought they looked very good against Syracuse, that beat Clemson IIRC< but I guess they had injuries also. Probably a tossup, we will have to come ready to play.

Is Bohanna going to be fully recovered?

"What say you"? That's exactly what another recently banned Tard troll used to ask! Out of here, Tard troll.
I picture you living in your mother's basement with your white UK hat on that has turned kinda yellow because it's so old, sitting on your old desktop computer waiting for your dial up to load so that you can post garbage like this .

1. you added nothing to this conversation
2. Because I said what say you, and some other poster did, I am that poster.
3. you are an idiot. OMG, you used the words" that's "in your post and so did Donald Trump in one of his tweets. President Trump is that you ?
3. Get a life and quit being so paranoid you big weirdo. geez

Louisville does not have a good defense, just like us. Well have to outscore them to win.

To the guy claiming Louisville has a good run defense... Hahaha. They we're top 10 in the nation in run defense last year. We went for 230 on the ground.
We have to outscore them to win? Thanks captain obvious for your insight. are you a coach?

Im implying our defense isn't going to stop them with that comment but carry on missing the point
Just giving you a hard time man..i see what you mean.

It's funny though because it's a running joke among my friends about sports commentators in general how they state the obvious and get paid so much money. It's funny when they say things like " this team just needs to score a higher filed goal percentage than the other team and hit some free throws and they will win the game "

Are those rate-adjusted and/or opponent-adjusted, or just antiquated "yards per game" stats?

Just asking. I honestly don't know which ones they are because I haven't looked it up lately.
The FEI ratings have Louisville as the No. 99 defense, Kentucky 76.

S&P ratings have Louisville as the No. 98 (96 rush, 117 pass) defense, Kentucky 88 (86 rush, 87 pass).

FWIW: FEI has Louisville as the No. 14 offense, UK 66. S&P: Louisville 8, UK 65.

No idea what will happen in the game, but I expect us to be ~7 point underdogs.

ADVERTISEMENT