ADVERTISEMENT

DK back

I really admire both of those guys and am very happy they are coming back. I don't know how many if any more will but this made our OL one of the best in the SEC again.

Reactions: RunninRichie
To a bigger issue that contrasts the b-ball and football.

- This is why I am way more connected to a lesser football team than I have been for years to a better basketball team. THE KIDS ACTUALLY PLAY FOR UK TO A DEGREE in football whereas the basketball program cares nothing for the team and fans as well.

Stoops for all his warts...has created a culture at UK that kids enjoy playing for him and UK...and they play hard even if at times they frustrate fans. I get we don't have as many NFL level dudes as NBA dudes on b-ball side of the house but Bohanna, Josh Allen, Pashcal, Kinnard, etc...all could have left early but didn't. Even the dudes that leave early like Benny and Bowden played their behinds off in bowl game wins. They care about the university and buy into culture of UK. The only dude who had a culture of his own was Bossman Fat..and when he pulled his nonsense...Stoops gladly went on without him and basically took him right off the team entirely which is the correct way to handle the situations.

I wish Cal would take some lessons from Stoops on how to build a program for the university.

- This is why I am way more connected to a lesser football team than I have been for years to a better basketball team. THE KIDS ACTUALLY PLAY FOR UK TO A DEGREE in football whereas the basketball program cares nothing for the team and fans as well.

Stoops for all his warts...has created a culture at UK that kids enjoy playing for him and UK...and they play hard even if at times they frustrate fans. I get we don't have as many NFL level dudes as NBA dudes on b-ball side of the house but Bohanna, Josh Allen, Pashcal, Kinnard, etc...all could have left early but didn't. Even the dudes that leave early like Benny and Bowden played their behinds off in bowl game wins. They care about the university and buy into culture of UK. The only dude who had a culture of his own was Bossman Fat..and when he pulled his nonsense...Stoops gladly went on without him and basically took him right off the team entirely which is the correct way to handle the situations.

I wish Cal would take some lessons from Stoops on how to build a program for the university.
BINGO!!

I'll just add that the UK Football players TRUST their coaches. The feedback that our players receive from the NFL through the staff has been SPOT ON with EVERY player that has to decide and it has paid off for each one of them. Boom Williams being the exception, but he was told the TRUTH before he made his decision.

UK Football AND the fans are a FAMILY!!! I LOVE UK FOOTBALL!!!

Very well said. Great post.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Sh!t, not according to their fans.

They are absolutely beside themselves over the stud transfer they just picked up from Georgia Southern.
Yea they did that with the Liberty transfer they got last season too. Had a friend try to tell me he'd start over here. 😂 That dude would have a hard time cracking our 2 deep.

Was just getting ready to type the same thing till I saw this. Amen

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Darin has been on some draft boards in the 3rd round. If he has a great year next year, he could get into the 1st round.
Yeah he was projected higher coming into the season and may not have had the year he wanted to although still very good. Should come back next year with a ton of motivation.

5202454842_84e5a6dbbb_b.jpg
Where’s Miley ?

• Haha
Reactions: Ky grandpa
Caveman in another thread adroitly pointed out that DK could move to LT, a HIGH DOLLAR NFL position next year.

Frankly, I’m still a little shocked by this one. He has graded as one of the top O-linemen in the country for two seasons.

Maybe the lure of a Top 15 draft position and the thought of a national award or two played a role.

During Josh Allen’s draft, I watched the coverage closely for the first time in my life. A commentator summed up who get drafted Top 20:
(1) QB’s;
(2) those that can stop QB’s (edge rushers);
(3) those that can block edge rushers (OT’s).

During Josh Allen’s draft, I watched the coverage closely for the first time in my life. A commentator summed up who get drafted Top 20:
(1) QB’s;

Absent a few exceptions, I bet that simple analysis is profoundly accurate.

agree 100%.

Caveman in another thread adroitly pointed out that DK could move to LT, a HIGH DOLLAR NFL position next year.

Frankly, I’m still a little shocked by this one. He has graded as one of the top O-linemen in the country for two seasons.

Maybe the lure of a Top 15 draft position and the thought of a national award or two played a role.

(1) QB’s;

(4) Those that can defend the pass (CB's)
(5) Elite run defenders

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT