ADVERTISEMENT

DJ JeffrieS Decommits from UK....

If he's not ready or willing to work for playing time with Whitney and that factored into his decision to back out then best of luck to him.

Eh idk SmoothRunner, that’s kind of a reach. Whitney is a true wing, where I think Jeffries is a wing/big hybrid.

Cal says is you go into a gym and your the best player, go to a different gym. Afraid of other recruited players coming to UK. He will go to a school where he is not challenged for playing time. UK is Not for everyone.

Cool thing about being Kentucky and operating from a place of abundance is this is no biggie, he will easily be replaced, and I hope he enjoys his time in CUSA if that's where he ends up.

Well, I am disappointed in losing Jeffries. He is an excellent player and would benefit from working out in Calipari's system, imo. I wish him well as he moves forward.

Kentucky will fill his position, I am sure and life will go on.

Those questioning Calipari: We don't know all of the behind the scenes elements going on, and I am choosing to trust that the coaching staff will be continuing to build next year's team in the days to come. This is a set back, but it could turn out to be a win for everyone. Staying positive, my friends.:sunglasses:

Reactions: bkr5
Eh idk SmoothRunner, that’s kind of a reach. Whitney is a true wing, where I think Jeffries is a wing/big hybrid.
He’s a combo forward but I can’t see him being that effective at PF in college. He’s more wing.

Reactions: drew_ukfan
My guess is that Penny can't coach worth a nickle, and his name will only carry him for about 1 year.

This kid will be replaced by a better player with Kahili or Allen. The only bad news is of course Wiseman. Basically the only reason why Coach Cal took this commitment so early is because of the chances that Wiseman would follow his friend to UK, IMO.

The majority of Penny’s top talent that he has committed or soon will are all former Team Penny guys. In another year or two, he won’t have those top guys to lean on as a crutch and will be going against Cal, Duke, etc. without years of having already coached certain recruits. Then we’ll see if he can really hang with the big dogs.

I have info on this...

If you go back to my post in late March I got blasted for saying he probably would end up a Cat.

Posting later this evening...

I went back and read the post. Have this week's lotto numbers? I look forward to your post later.

This is the dude who upon his commitment immediately commented about being a 'one and done', correct? What a clown, good luck elsewhere

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
I’d stop recruiting Wiseman at this point. They are going to Memphis.
Do what? No way we quit on James. He knows where his bread is buttered. He will look at the wall of UK NBA big men and make the right decision to attend UK.

Penny was at his game Saturday on ESPN. Don't know if Penny was there for Jeffries but it sure crossed my mind.

I hope Penny SUCKS at Memphis & becomes the biggest disappointment in college basketball history.
I think he will be because unlike Pastner, he never was an assistant at a division 1 College level program.

Not surprising, well maybe a little but I haven’t felt good about Wiseman recently. TJ Walker seems to think we’re in a good place with Matthew Hurt, let’s turn up the heat on him.

Carey
Hurt
Whitney
Maxey
Allan
Anthony

Let’s rip

Reactions: KYtotheCore
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT