ADVERTISEMENT

Disc Golf Thread

78Gooses

Sophomore
Feb 17, 2016
Yeah, I know, this probably won’t fly but I’m wondering how many posters play or have played. Maybe we could talk it up.

I’ve played since it’s inception but never regularly until this year. More bogeys than birdies, no aces since ‘85. I couldn’t hyzerflip a Destroyer in 30mph headwind but I can park a 27 year old Roc on occasion.

Anyone else throw?

Reactions: It'saDoneDeal
I got into a couple of years ago. I can throw a decent backhand, but my forehand is awful. It's especially frustrating since I was a good baseball player and you'd think the forehand would come naturally from that, but I just can't get enough disc speed from that position. I live in Indianapolis and there are several quality courses around, each with their different set of challenges. The high level events are good Youtube action as well. A guy built like Paul McBeth slinging 500-600' drives? Freakish. Aesthetically for me it's just as pleasurable watching a disc soar straight through the air as it is watching ball golf. Seems like it's getting more and more popular.

Reactions: 78Gooses
Love watching on utube, yeah. Played where the Savannah Open was held recently on vacation. Same here on forehands, just not consistent at all.

They say the forehand is all in the snap but I don’t release it cleanly. I don’t know how they do it with putters and midranges. I can make some great throws between my ears. Found an MVP Wave that I can throw better than any of my Innova discs. I envy you there in Indy with your course options.

I've thrown a few times. Not in a little while but it's a good time. Usually just over at Iroquois. Am I good? I have a good time, if that's what you mean. :D

I played Shillito once this summer. Nice. Henry Jackson park in Danville is close to me. A bad lower back and arthritis aren’t the only things keeping me from greatness. It’s just an addictive walk in the park. I hear Veterans Park is ok too.

I played Shillito once this summer. Nice. Henry Jackson park in Danville is close to me. A bad lower back and arthritis aren’t the only things keeping me from greatness. It’s just an addictive walk in the park. I hear Veterans Park is ok too.

Veterans is tight as a nun's beaver. It's a nice walk through the trees and along the creek but also frustrating as hell. It's also not well labeled so it's easy to get lost if you haven't played it a few times.

Lexmark has a nice course too but the guys I play with are south enders/woodford co guys so we stick to that region.

Yeah, not a lot of time after work to go far to play, especially when the clocks are rolled back. Wish I could post a video of me feeding a $16 frisbee to the gators in South Carolina. Serious grip lock. Wife caddied and took the video. You know, before we went shopping.

Reactions: JohnKBA
giphy.gif

If this works, I just posted my first GIF!

Reactions: It'saDoneDeal
I haven’t played it yet, but there’s a new 9 hole course at Lincoln Homestead Park in/near Springfield. Dual turf tees may not be replaced with concrete yet. More at Discgolfcoursereview.com. You heard it here on the Disc Golf Thread, where almost several people get the latest in central ky disc golf news.

I’ve never been to or played in a tournament yet. Idle wild in Burlington brings in the pros and stuff. It’s on utube. I’d like to have been there in Versailles today. Did play 18 In Danville.

ADVERTISEMENT