ADVERTISEMENT

DirectTV Now

BankerCat12

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2012
Does anyone have this? I have had DT for the last 2.5 years and ready to get rid of it. I was looking at it last night and I can do the $35 monthly plan until the fall and winter for sports. The only drawback is not being able to DVR anything now but I know they are working on a cloud version. Any other pro/cons?

Does anyone have this? I have had DT for the last 2.5 years and ready to get rid of it. I was looking at it last night and I can do the $35 monthly plan until the fall and winter for sports. The only drawback is not being able to DVR anything now but I know they are working on a cloud version. Any other pro/cons?
I have it and like it. The cloud dvr should be out soon. I’m in the beta group and it works pretty well. For the price it’s hard to beat.

I've had it since it's inception so I have the 120+ channel option and HBO for only $35 and for that price it's impossible to beat. DVR would be nice, and it's eventually coming, but I usually just watch things I've missed through the channels app or occasionally Kodi. There's an occasional hiccup on the devices streaming over wifi but I haven't had any problems on my hardwired machines.

Reactions: GnarlsBarkley
I've had it since it's inception so I have the 120+ channel option and HBO for only $35 and for that price it's impossible to beat. DVR would be nice, and it's eventually coming, but I usually just watch things I've missed through the channels app or occasionally Kodi. There's an occasional hiccup on the devices streaming over wifi but I haven't had any problems on my hardwired machines.

Nice job getting in on that from the beginning. I pay entirely too much on cable now and have 4 boxes. This will save me $100 a month. I believe I read everything is available a few hours after its original showing in their on-demand feature. I never watch live so this will not be an issue.

Was ready to leave DTV for Sling last week and gave them a last chance to maintain my business after17 years.

After paying 135.00 a month for the highest channel package (no movie channels) I told them only way I was staying was a package and price similar to Sling.

Well after some major haggling, maintained my DTV channel package, PLUS got 3 movie channels, sports pack and Sunday ticket for 45.00 a month.

I'm good with that. :sunglasses:

Reactions: jameslee32
Was ready to leave DTV for Sling last week and gave them a last chance to maintain my business after17 years.

After paying 135.00 a month for the highest channel package (no movie channels) I told them only way I was staying was a package and price similar to Sling.

Well after some major haggling, maintained my DTV channel package, PLUS got 3 movie channels, sports pack and Sunday ticket for 45.00 a month.

I'm good with that. :sunglasses:

For how long? They always seem to haggle but I have always struggled to get them to commit to 2 year pricing. It's a pain in the arse to call them every 6 months because the bill jumps $50-$100.

For how long? They always seem to haggle but I have always struggled to get them to commit to 2 year pricing. It's a pain in the arse to call them every 6 months because the bill jumps $50-$100.

Yes, would've been great to get this pricing for 2 years, but settled on 1 full year. Will just haggle again next spring, as I'm sure there will be even cheaper competitive pricing then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT