ADVERTISEMENT

Direct TV vs Spectrum

Damn really? My town only has like 10K population, including the college students, and even we have it here.
Are you in a suburb of a bigger city? I'm in Owensboro, so not close enough to Louisville to get it, and Bowling Green and Evansville are unlikely to get it quickly.

Hell I thought YouTube TV would be available anywhere you can get internet since its a streaming service.

Are you in a suburb of a bigger city? I'm in Owensboro, so not close enough to Louisville to get it, and Bowling Green and Evansville are unlikely to get it quickly.
We are in the same metropolitan statistical area of a larger city but no one recognizes it as a suburb of it.

Love Direct TV, can DVR multiple channels at once, easy to find stuff, rewind, etc. and it is 99% reliable, but I did miss the end of the Florida game as well :scream:

But all the other ways to save money take too much time to learn how to use, can't DVR, don't always get what I want to see, etc. I pay more for Direct TV, but my time is worth >>>>> than my money these days.

I haven't had cable or DirecTV since 2012. But really I had DirecTV for 2 years. Loved it. The only times I had a problem with the signal was during a power outage and a tornado. If it is installed properly the signal won't be a problem.

I have DirecTVnow but it buffers, even with high internet speeds. Netflix never does that. Is it just the directvnow or maybe the Roku stick?

If it is installed properly the signal won't be a problem.
That is simply not true. Mine would go out any time it thundered. Didn’t even have to be raining but heavy rain would knock it out as well. Had directv come out and check the installation several times.

Snow and ice had no effect on it though.

Reactions: funKYcat75
With the newest Slimline dish, rain fade should rarely, if ever, be an issue. If it ever is, you can simply screen mirror from the app.

Anyone tried eternal tv? A friend recommended it but I haven't really checked it out yet.. He says use it with a nvidia shield.

So our hotel room in Nola has direct tv, and it pretty much went out every time a good rain hit. Annoying.

ADVERTISEMENT