ADVERTISEMENT

Dillingham vs Wagner

Would be nice to see Dillingham reclass and play two seasons for us.

He can learn the ropes from Wheeler as a Frosh and lead as a Soph.

G Wheeler
G Dillingham
G Wallace
F Toppin or Livingston
F Tshiebwe

That would be a pretty good starting five. A good mix of talent and experience.

Dillingham won't be eligible for college ball. Expect him to play a year professionally, probably for the G League Ignite, and then enter the draft. His mentor is a convicted felon who pulled him cross country and enrolled him into Kanye West's unaccredited high school without even telling Dillingham's father.
His mentor would be in jail since what you described is kidnapping and Dillingham is not yet 18. I’m sure the schools recruiting him have looked into it and are comfortable with the situation enough to continue to recruit Dillingham.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Wagner to UofL has to be a done deal. Payne wouldn't have hired his granddad otherwise.

No?
Almost surely correct. Wagner to UL has been "in the cards" since the day they hired Kenny Payne. It might even be the reason they hired Payne. Most P5 schools would not hire a coach with no head coaching experience just to sign one particular player, but this is a classic UL move. Small picture, not big picture. Nothing against Payne. I have talked with Payne, and he is a good guy. UL is his school, but UL is a really big mess.

Wagner is a classic scoring guard who can play the point. Dillingham is a true point player with elite quickness. Two entirely different players. On UL's rebuilding team, Wagner will be the headliner and the shot hog, probably what he is looking for. Dillingham will be the better defender. Dillingham is a better match to play with Sheppard. Kentucky still needs elite scorers and some big bodies in the class.

One thing still bothers me. Dillingham was previously set to commit to Kentucky before abruptly verballing to NC State. There had to be some funny business there. NC State has been one of the cheatingest teams in the country. They got caught. Good. But what skeletons are in Dillingham's closet? What kind of a leader are we getting in Dillingham? I have no concerns at all about him as a player. He is a good one.

Would be nice to see Dillingham reclass and play two seasons for us.

He can learn the ropes from Wheeler as a Frosh and lead as a Soph.

G Wheeler
G Dillingham
G Wallace
F Toppin or Livingston
F Tshiebwe

That would be a pretty good starting five. A good mix of talent and experience.
Dillingham… .2 years… at UK? Won't happen.
If he is as good as everyone says he is, you better believe we will find out just how draft eligible he is as soon as he comes out of HS. The NBA can interpret their own rules however they want. We've seen it first hand.
We'll be lucky to get one season out of him and if he has handlers that Cal allows to control him, we'll be lucky if the kid plays at all.

His mentor would be in jail since what you described is kidnapping and Dillingham is not yet 18. I’m sure the schools recruiting him have looked into it and are comfortable with the situation enough to continue to recruit Dillingham.
There is some “baggage “ with Dillingham though. His “handlers “ make the Sharpe camp look like they are trustworthy.

For those wondering, DJ is the better all around PG that can create for others and plays solid defense. Rob is the better scorer, finisher, and overall offensive player. In space Rob is comparable to Nick Smith imo. Lackluster defense due to lack of strength. I personally prefer Rob bc of his offensive skill set the way it is already but many prefer DJ since he’s a much better floor general/defender and has the pro body Frame already.

If Rob puts on some build to him he’d be my #1 player in the class honestly. Not much separating DJ and Rob.

Don’t think they can play together, however. Both need the ball in their hands and struggle to move off-ball.
I guess I did not get the memo of Wagener
For those wondering, DJ is the better all around PG that can create for others and plays solid defense. Rob is the better scorer, finisher, and overall offensive player. In space Rob is comparable to Nick Smith imo. Lackluster defense due to lack of strength. I personally prefer Rob bc of his offensive skill set the way it is already but many prefer DJ since he’s a much better floor general/defender and has the pro body Frame already.

If Rob puts on some build to him he’d be my #1 player in the class honestly. Not much separating DJ and Rob.

Don’t think they can play together, however. Both need the ball in their hands and struggle to move off-ball.
It is laughable that some here believe Wagner is, and already will be, considerably better than Dillingham? I must have missed that memo. We tend to get too caught up rankings and think that it is all a forgone conclusion when we have no idea, especially when kids are ranked just a few digits away from one another. Austin Rivers is one example of many.

His mentor has his mom convinced he has Rob's best interests at heart. So she is fine with Rob being looked after by a felon who only came into Rob's life when he became a top basketball prospect.

Yes, desperate schools are fine gambling on the miniscule chance that Dillingham will play college ball. That's why NC State took his commitment, while dook and UNC said no thanks to the stud recruit in their backyard and went after guards who will actually go to college. It's just really really odd to see Kentucky willingly putting themselves on that NC State level of desperation. Surely there are other elite guard recruits that don't come with all the huge red flags that Dillingham has.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
His mentor has his mom convinced he has Rob's best interests at heart. So she is fine with Rob being looked after by a felon who only came into Rob's life when he became a top basketball prospect.

Yes, desperate schools are fine gambling on the miniscule chance that Dillingham will play college ball. That's why NC State took his commitment, while dook and UNC said no thanks to the stud recruit in their backyard and went after guards who will actually go to college. It's just really really odd to see Kentucky willingly putting themselves on that NC State level of desperation. Surely there are other elite guard recruits that don't come with all the huge red flags that Dillingham has.
Well how about instead of you posting the same info every time his name is brought up in a thread maybe you should email Calipari. You telling us isn’t going to stop Calipari from recruiting him and there is nothing we can do about it. Or contact the authorities and give them all the information you have on the matter.

Well how about instead of you posting the same info every time his name is brought up in a thread maybe you should email Calipari. You telling us isn’t going to stop Calipari from recruiting him and there is nothing we can do about it. Or contact the authorities and give them all the information you have on the matter.
You're welcome to put me on ignore.

So what is the story on Dillingham, as well as his skillset and comparibles, to those of us that don't follow recruiting 24/7.

Man I miss the old days when we got gym rats like Wayne Turner and Tony Delk.

Everyone’s favorite Kyle Tucker ( I like him) said on the Athletic yesterday, that UK feels good about getting both Wagner and Dillingham. Even after the Milt Wagner hire. Just reporting what I read. Let the negative comments begin on Kyle Tucker. Like he’s Cal’s mouthpiece, he is to woke, doesn’t know what he is talking about, blah blah blah
BPL4Nos.gif

Dillingham futurecast currently says 100% to NC State. I’d say the odds of getting a player with a 100% prediction to another school is tough. And the current state of things here don’t help as our bball program has been a sinking ship and the buzz and support for the program right now aren’t good.

That being said I would assume he was planning on Wagner coming to UK. Now that it seems unlikely, maybe Dillingham would be more interested since he would not have to compete for mins. Kind of like how Nick Smith would have been more likely to come to UK if it wasn’t for Sharpe.
Let me play the devil's advocate. The other major school Wagner is considering is Louisville! How do you PERCIEVE their current state of things. They are facing sanctions and may not even be eligible for the dance when DW get's there. They don't have great players and ain't killing it yet on recruiting trail. Their reputation? Last Kenny Payne. All the hype, he ain't won a game. He might be Herbert Davis, he might be Billy Clyde. Not sayinbg he won't go to UL, it won't be because we were a 2 seed and ranked in top 10 last year! No need to bring up St peter's I am a fan, I know what happened

we were hearing the same type of garbage from UNC fans when Wall picked UK

you sound very afraid that he is coming to UK

Man I miss the old days when we got gym rats like Wayne Turner and Tony Delk.
explain gym rat
if you are meaning players that live in the gym then your statement is the most ignorant statement you have made to date (and there have been many)

explain gym rat
if you are meaning players that live in the gym then your statement is the most ignorant statement you have made to date (and there have been many)
No I agree with his statement, love a gym rat

everyone loves a gym rat
the reason his statement is ignorant is because most of the players Cal has had are gym rats
everyone loves a gym rat
the reason his statement is ignorant is because most of the players Cal has had are gym rats
I agree many have been but there have been some that are only here for there next chapter and for that to come as quick as possible, that is a fact.

Wagner to UofL has to be a done deal. Payne wouldn't have hired his granddad otherwise.

No?
And a week after they hired Wagner's grand dad, Dillingham announces a date to commit, when common sense meets circumstance, it's likely to be true.

Dillingham and Wagner have never wanted to play together, as soon as Louisville makes a move for Wagner, UK lets Dillingham know they're all in on him.

John Calipari is a pathetic piece of ****. *spits*

He can't land the kid he's known since diapers, he's going to go ahead and take the shady handler, eligibility questions, emotional wildcard PG, just so he has something rather than nothing after he's embarrassed by Kenny Payne and Louisville.

This pathetic man should just resign and move on in life instead of lingering here pissing on the fans and telling them it's rain.

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
I agree many have been but there have been some that are only here for there next chapter and for that to come as quick as possible, that is a fact.
no doubt some are here for the next chapter
they also know that they have to be gym rats if they want that next chapter
there is a reason most NBA GM's love UK players
they are taught to work hard at their craft
just like most jobs. if you want to move up the ladder then you better be willing to work

Everyone’s favorite Kyle Tucker ( I like him) said on the Athletic yesterday, that UK feels good about getting both Wagner and Dillingham. Even after the Milt Wagner hire. Just reporting what I read. Let the negative comments begin on Kyle Tucker. Like he’s Cal’s mouthpiece, he is to woke, doesn’t know what he is talking about, blah blah blah

Tucker's "feeling good" stories have been the kids of death the last few years in recruiting.

Of course the past reports were all based on info provided by Joel Justus who could never tell when he was getting played.

Wall/Bledsoe anyone?
Would be nice but not gonna happen I don't feel. It's 1 or the other probably.

we were hearing the same type of garbage from UNC fans when Wall picked UK

you sound very afraid that he is coming to UK
UNC fans aren't afraid if Dillingham goes to UK. Really good player. We're happy with ours.

The intel supposedly is that UNC (under Roy Williams) was big on Dillingham until strife intensified between Mr and Mrs Dillingham. Mr Dillingham openly posted on the web that Robert moved across the country without his consent by a convicted felon/trusted (by Mrs. Dillingham) advisor.

Lot's of turmoil behind the scenes with this kid and UNC under new coach Hubert Davis moved to make Simeon Wilcher its primary PG recruit.

Best of luck with the talented Dillingham.

"Convicted felon"

So the dad of this kid says this (does mom have custody?) and reports emphatically state "alleged", but now UNC fans come around throwing it around every time Dillingham is mentioned. I assume it's this Rico Grier dude. I don't think it sounds worse than a lot of other kids that are in high school.

Reactions: Fox2monk
"Convicted felon"

So the dad of this kid says this (does mom have custody?) and reports emphatically state "alleged", but now UNC fans come around throwing it around every time Dillingham is mentioned. I assume it's this Rico Grier dude. I don't think it sounds worse than a lot of other kids that are in high school.

The old saying goes, “there’s three sides to every story: yours, mine, and the truth.”

I figure this is that same old situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT