ADVERTISEMENT

Dillingham vs Wagner

What are UK’s chances with Dillingham and how comparable are the two players?

Dillingham futurecast currently says 100% to NC State. I’d say the odds of getting a player with a 100% prediction to another school is tough. And the current state of things here don’t help as our bball program has been a sinking ship and the buzz and support for the program right now aren’t good.

That being said I would assume he was planning on Wagner coming to UK. Now that it seems unlikely, maybe Dillingham would be more interested since he would not have to compete for mins. Kind of like how Nick Smith would have been more likely to come to UK if it wasn’t for Sharpe.

Yeah. UK has to get one of Wagner or Dillingham at this point. Reed is not a PG or lead guard for 2023 IMO

Still trying to know the ins and outs of NIL ….but how can a school like NCState out bid UK if we both have a wide open PG playtime We can’t lose those bank accounts race can we?

If Cal can't even pull a kid like Dillingham away from sorry ass NCST, when the pg position is wide open, UK is the best stepping stone to the NBA and NIL potential at UK being what it is, then why do so many want Cal to stay on as UK's coach? What else does Cal do that is so great?

He was brought here for his amazing recruiting ability. That’s been washed up for a long time now.

You never know in today's NIL world and with schools like Baylor, Tennessee, Auburn, Arkansas, and Alabama getting 5 stars on the reg but I would wager UK lands either Dillingham or Wagner. Just my assumption.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
I don't know anything. I have no insider info. But Wagner is probably going to go to UL. Recruitment has that vibe. Payne needs his John Wall.

The outlier here is what happens with NCAA infractions. A post-season ban could change everything.

Reactions: TM2013
Everyone’s favorite Kyle Tucker ( I like him) said on the Athletic yesterday, that UK feels good about getting both Wagner and Dillingham. Even after the Milt Wagner hire. Just reporting what I read. Let the negative comments begin on Kyle Tucker. Like he’s Cal’s mouthpiece, he is to woke, doesn’t know what he is talking about, blah blah blah

Everyone’s favorite Kyle Tucker ( I like him) said on the Athletic yesterday, that UK feels good about getting both Wagner and Dillingham. Even after the Milt Wagner hire. Just reporting what I read. Let the negative comments begin on Kyle Tucker. Like he’s Cal’s mouthpiece, he is to woke, doesn’t know what he is talking about, blah blah blah
UK has felt good about all the players we miss on, until they commit no need to worry.

Dillingham won't be eligible for college ball. Expect him to play a year professionally, probably for the G League Ignite, and then enter the draft. His mentor is a convicted felon who pulled him cross country and enrolled him into Kanye West's unaccredited high school without even telling Dillingham's father.

I don't know anything. I have no insider info. But Wagner is probably going to go to UL. Recruitment has that vibe. Payne needs his John Wall.

The outlier here is what happens with NCAA infractions. A post-season ban could change everything.
Why? Barring something unforseen Wagner is a OAD so sanctions don't matter to kids like this. They/he will get all the coverage they need with KP being new HC.

If Dillingham doesn't reclass to UK after Peach Jam in July I think he comes to UK in 2023 and as much as some hate reclassified players Ian Jackson #3 player in 2024 is already talking about moving to 2023 and he's really good. I think UK is getting in on him alot right now. He's maybe the best SG in the class. That would be a great backcourt along with Sheppard

they supposedly felt good about Lively & Bona this time last year & where are those playing

Someone posted on here some time back that they thought Wagner and Dillingham would not play together on the same team. Does anyone know if there is some dislike for each other or is this just some false information ?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Someone posted on here some time back that they thought Wagner and Dillingham would not play together on the same team. Does anyone know if there is some dislike for each other or is this just some false information ?
Travis Graf said those exact words on the Louisville board multiple times. Take it for what its worth. Travis has always been solid with his info in my experiences.

Tucker also kept saying the staff felt good about Sharpe playing.

Last edited:
Dillingham won't be eligible for college ball. Expect him to play a year professionally, probably for the G League Ignite, and then enter the draft. His mentor is a convicted felon who pulled him cross country and enrolled him into Kanye West's unaccredited high school without even telling Dillingham's father.
Wrong once again. Unaccredited has nothing to do with as Ive informed you multiple times. Also Braedon Moore of Donda committed to BYU for 2022. You are ignorant and continue to repeat the same lies and BS.

Wrong once again. Unaccredited has nothing to do with as Ive informed you multiple times. Also Braedon Moore of Donda committed to BYU for 2022. You are ignorant and continue to repeat the same lies and BS.
Dillingham will never play college basketball. Deal with it however you want. You seem to be in the denial phase.

• Haha
Reactions: ukfan041
Kyle Tucker also pumped the Lively to UK super class hype until Lively pulled the rug out. I don’t care for Tucker much either but it appears he’s directly connected to Cal. Guess can’t blame him too much just more so come to the realization that Cal is out of touch.

For those wondering, DJ is the better all around PG that can create for others and plays solid defense. Rob is the better scorer, finisher, and overall offensive player. In space Rob is comparable to Nick Smith imo. Lackluster defense due to lack of strength. I personally prefer Rob bc of his offensive skill set the way it is already but many prefer DJ since he’s a much better floor general/defender and has the pro body Frame already.

If Rob puts on some build to him he’d be my #1 player in the class honestly. Not much separating DJ and Rob.

Don’t think they can play together, however. Both need the ball in their hands and struggle to move off-ball.

Not sure if they play together or not but they are capable of playing together . DJ Wagner played has played off the ball his entire JR season and most of AAU. Now he still has it in his hands a lot but it could work with Rob and DJ

Not much of a difference between Wagner and Dilly in all honesty. Wagner is still an elite player obviously but 1-2 years ago he was seen as a generational talent and one of the top players in HS ball history but that doesnt seem to be the case anymore as the rest of the class is catching up to him. Rivals and ON3 dont even have him ranked top 2 anymore.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Not much of a difference between Wagner and Dilly in all honesty. Wagner is still an elite player obviously but 1-2 years ago he was seen as a generational talent and one of the top players in HS ball history but that doesnt seem to be the case anymore as the rest of the class is catching up to him. Rivals and ON3 dont even have him ranked top 2 anymore.
Wagner has been hyped by so many for so many years, he will never be able to live up to fan expectations for him wherever he ends up playing.

If Cal can't even pull a kid like Dillingham away from sorry ass NCST, when the pg position is wide open, UK is the best stepping stone to the NBA and NIL potential at UK being what it is, then why do so many want Cal to stay on as UK's coach? What else does Cal do that is so great?

He was brought here for his amazing recruiting ability. That’s been washed up for a long time now.
Should have made WWW sign some kind of lifetime contract ,lol .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT