ADVERTISEMENT

Did the Bahamas reduce the excitement of Big Blue Madness?

uk78

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Typically, at this time there would have 20 plus threads about BBM especially today. There are a few discussing what recruits will be there, is it streamed, but am I wrong that the excitement at least here seems decreased? I am guessing if that is the case it is because we have already seen our team in action. But, if this event has even the slightest influence on our recruiting, I sure hope it is a dynamic time. Plus, I am excited to see the team even though you never can make many conclusions from this scrimmage.

Thoughts?

Reactions: ukdaven
Typically, at this time there would have 20 plus threads about BBM especially today. There are a few discussing what recruits will be there, is it streamed, but am I wrong that the excitement at least here seems decreased? I am guessing if that is the case it is because we have already seen our team in action. But, if this event has even the slightest influence on our recruiting, I sure hope it is a dynamic time. Plus, I am excited to see the team even though you never can make many conclusions from this scrimmage.

Thoughts?
More early exposure lessens some of the excitement but still seems like many still love it. I’ve always preferred the Blue-White game.

I think it's both too. It makes a difference if we hadn't seen the team play 4 games already. We would be starving for anything that resembled in game action. I think that everyone is excited for the season but the main excitement doesnt start until the Duke game. Until that day basketball is kinda on the back burner imo. Football is the main priority for me right now

BBM has been on the ropes for some time. Too much silly stuff interferes. Some is ok but just some.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Its football season. Bahamas have nothing to do with it. Glad BBM was scheduled on the bye week, smart planning to help fill the gap tomorrow.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
The excitement for BBM was because its the first look at the team. obviously that excitement is gone when you saw the team play 2 months before.

But lets be honest....... there is still excitement to see the guys scrimmage tonight because we're fiends in constant need of that UK bball fix.

Yeah but I also think for us diehards in the age of the internet and mix tapes and “inside info”, we’v realized Madness is just a big pep rally now. I love that we have it but it’s disappointing every year.

I'm fully capable of being super excited about basketball and watching football and cheering on the cats....

if you have to choose one though... you're nuts if you pick a team that has 0 chance of a title now (we're not beating Bama if we make it to them) over a team that is a legit title contender in UK basketball.

but luckily you dont have to choose

Reactions: RonEJones
The Bahamas gave us a better look than madness ever could and played a big part in interest level. I want to see games and madness faded for me many years ago.

Reactions: docholiday51

Thoughts?
Yes i think it did,we got a pretty good look at almost everybody,BBM will give us a glimpse of Montgomery and Baker that we haven't had,other than that I'm not overly excited.

Id say most of us do and find this stuff tiresome. As for the thread, I mean, its a dumb proposition. The Bahamas exhibitions have nothing to do with lack of hype around BBM this year. "Well we watched them in August so Im good for awhile." [laughing] The answer is the football team is kicking ass. Its not an either or answer, its a simple statement of fact. We've finally reached the point in the year when they overlap which is awesome. Baseball team scrimmages Michigan Sunday at the new stadium to boot. Just a great time to be a Cats fan.

Never understood the hoopla over it myself and I’m as big of a fan as anyone else. Just don’t get anything out of watching intrasquad scrimmages. Don’t watch spring football game either. Kudos to those that do enjoy such but not for me.

Not for me, although I can see how it may for others. If anything BBM has gotten me to not focus on football for the first time in several weeks so I'm as amped as I've been since the Bahamas.

Reactions: jace2012
I'm fully capable of being super excited about basketball and watching football and cheering on the cats....

if you have to choose one though... you're nuts if you pick a team that has 0 chance of a title now (we're not beating Bama if we make it to them) over a team that is a legit title contender in UK basketball.

but luckily you dont have to choose
We get it...football is inferior

Sports are over-exposed across the board. Not sure something like Midnight Madness, for any school, will make the long-haul.

Thoughts?
Only if one chooses to.

Thoughts?
You have reduced the excitement for me.

ADVERTISEMENT