ADVERTISEMENT

Did Pitino know?

Of course he knew. Katina says everyone in the dorm knew. Music was loud, loud, loud. How could he not know. The players staying there they knew also some of them are just lying that they don't know a thing. Oh & little Rickie knew also

Last edited:
Reactions: KFuqua
Doesn't really matter one way or another. He hired, and therefore vouched for, the man he says is responsible for the mess, Andre McGee. What Pitino doesn't get, and can't possibly conceive, is that makes him ultimately responsible. He delegated that responsibility to someone he said could be entrusted with it. Did he know? Probably. Does it matter? No.

Doesn't really matter one way or another. He hired, and therefore vouched for, the man he says is responsible for the mess, Andre McGee. What Pitino doesn't get, and can't possibly conceive, is that makes him ultimately responsible. He delegated that responsibility to someone he said could be entrusted with it. Did he know? Probably. Does it matter? No.
I'm not even talking in terms of legal or NCAA ruling. I'm saying how can anyone say he didn't know. If he didn't know this took place, good lord what does that say about his parenting skills.

I don't know if he knew or not but he should have. People entrusted Pitino with their kids. 22 incidents over a 5 year span involving his players, his recruits, his coaches and he didn't know anything? Kinda hard to believe.

I personally believe he knew they were bringing in girls, maybe even strippers, but didn't know that they paying for sex. Either way, knowing or not knowing, both scenarios are unacceptable.

If he had no idea that his brother-in-law's on campus dorm was being used as a brothel for recruits, it is because he is a completely clueless/inept head coach or he knew exactly what was going on.
In either scenerio, he sucks and UofL deserves to lose banners.

Did Andre have the authority to access stacks of cash? Of course not.

Also Pitino states that if he had asked Andre tough questions he would have "lied to his face". Another contradiction....why are you hiring people you know are going to lie about things like this. You wouldn't.

Rick knew, they all knew.

If he had no idea that his brother-in-law's on campus dorm was being used as a brothel for recruits, it is because he is a completely clueless/inept head coach or he knew exactly what was going on.
In either scenerio, he sucks and UofL deserves to lose banners.
I concur. The banners should fall.

But I'm still simply saying there is no way possible he didn't know what was going on just a rock throw from his office.

Had this talk with several Card fans. They all conceded that there's no way in hell he didn't know what was going on at Minardi Hall. Zero chance. And it's absurd to think otherwise.

There are many more UL fans than most think that believe the allegations are true. You won't find them on UL boards for various reasons.

1. They have been banned for their opinion.
2. They have been ridiculed or intimidated on UL boa
3. They are embarrassed and just want it over with.
4. They are in the 90/95 % of fans that don't read
boards, but are honest in their opinion.

Reactions: KeepingItReal74
For a micro manager like Pitino I find it extremely hard to believe that he didn't know what was going on.
I agree with one poster on here who said that when Cal started pulling in elite talent year after year that he told McGee and whomever to "go get me talent but don't tell me how you did it."

Pitino did not WANT to know what was going on.

He allowed his assistant coaches to do his dirty work.

By intentionally distancing himself, he could always honestly say "I didn't know".

Katina said she and her girls talked and joked with the security guards. Those guards are under strict orders to keep outsiders away from the players. Rick knew. Like others said the program takes the shape of its leader

Reactions: UKMKG
Like the poster above said, I think it's possible he knew about strippers and girls being brought in, but maybe didn't know it was for sex. Just a possibility. It's also entirely possible he knew about everything.

He's claiming he didn't know anything... not even that the girls were there. He went out of his way to describe his surprise in that odd letter he wrote to "friends of the Ville" (lol) the other day.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
He knew. He didn't care what it took to catch Cal. Hell one of his assistant coaches mentioned during a terrible practice it must be because they were up late with the strippers. Pimptino screwed a bimbo on a restaurant table and paid to abort his child. You think hiring whores for recruits and players would be beneath him if he did that?!

I have been an assistent coach. I did nothing the head coach didn't know about. And no other assistent would either.

My point exactly. Until I started a company I was an assistant football and baseball coach. Also played a d1 sport for two seasons. There is absolutely no way the players and head coach didnt know something was going on.

Impossible.

I cant believe we are having this conversation on the day Grover Cleveland died...

rick-pitino-crying.jpg

Fifty bucks says he has said this (or something like it) to McGee since it came out...."I told you not to mess with skanks. Get the girls who are used to servicing more discreetly, I said. Now look at the mess you've gotten us into."

There are many more UL fans than most think that believe the allegations are true. You won't find them on UL boards for various reasons.

You don't live in Louisville do you? lol

You don't live in Louisville do you? lol

He's right about the people who actually went to U of L. The people who want to string up anyone who thinks Powell is telling the truth buy the t-shirts at Walmart.

I would bet the farm he knew. Anyone with common sense would know what was going on as a head coach. Plus any UL fan knows Rick knew what was going on.

Very happy to say, NO.:)
Assuming you do, are you familiar with all of
the 1,000,000 or so surrounding residents?:D
Really most sports fans are just fans, not FANatics.:fistbump:
True. Keyboard fans over on UL site truly is a poor sampling of their base. Nearly all say Pitino is lying about this entire ordeal.

He's right about the people who actually went to U of L. The people who want to string up anyone who thinks Powell is telling the truth buy the t-shirts at Walmart.

I have quite a few friends that are dirty bird fans. Other than that one characteristic you'd think they were intelligent, thoughtful human beings.

I'd say 1 in 5 have a realistic and truthful outlook on all this. It truly blows my mind. If this was Cal and UK I know I would be calling for his head. After the first transgression!

They are desperate, bratty little brother. We all know why he started cheating in 2010, and why he looked the other way.

I have quite a few friends that are dirty bird fans. Other than that one characteristic you'd think they were intelligent, thoughtful human beings.

I'd say 1 in 5 have a realistic and truthful outlook on all this. It truly blows my mind. If this was Cal and UK I know I would be calling for his head. After the first transgression!

They are desperate, bratty little brother. We all know why he started cheating in 2010, and why he looked the other way.
Good call on 2010 starting point!!

ADVERTISEMENT