ADVERTISEMENT

Did Cal just take a shot at Coach K?

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
During the post-game press conference, Cal referenced an opposing player tonight who hit a three and then turned and stared down the UK sideline, including Calipari. Cal’s response could be seen as a shot at Coach K taking exception at Dillon Brooks a few years ago and confronting him in the handshake line for showing off.

Cal’s comment, mimicking an unknown coach with a pouty face, “You don’t do that to me. You know my legacy and who I am. You don’t say stuff like that to me.” Cal went on to say he likes when kids do stuff like that (stare down the sideline), and that he's not like the coaches who take themselves too seriously.

Hilarious. Cal’s fully aware of the sanctimonious Holy Father in Durham who has conned the sports world into thinking he cares as much about his players as himself.

During the post-game press conference, Cal referenced an opposing player tonight who hit a three and then turned and stared down the UK sideline, including Calipari. Cal’s response could be seen as a shot at Coach K taking exception at Dillon Brooks a few years ago and confronting him in the handshake line for showing off.

Cal’s comment, mimicking an unknown coach with a pouty face, “You don’t do that to me. You know my legacy and who I am. You don’t say stuff like that to me.” Cal went on to say he likes when kids do stuff like that (stare down the sideline), and that he's not like the coaches who take themselves too seriously.

Hilarious. Cal’s fully aware of the sanctimonious Holy Father in Durham who has conned the sports world into thinking he cares as much about his players as himself.
I just want him to focus on winning c'ships. Duke gets more publicity here than they deserve. JMO.

Good for Cal. I'm sick of that rat running along unscathed. He's part of what's wrong with college basketball. Double Standard U.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Not to bust bubbles, but Cal certainly seems to like Rat Face. Did none of you listen to the radio/internet show Cal was doing earlier this year. He had Rat Face as a guest. If he had the feelings you all believe that would never had happened. They seemed like two coaches whom respected one another. Sorry if that doesn't go with the appeal of how we all hate Duke, that's us, not necessarily either the players or coaches. But, it still would be nice if it was a shot.

Oh ye who must defend the oppressed....on this site...

I didn't hear it but I wouldn't be surprised. Coach Calipari knows what he's doing...[thumb2]

That’s interesting you’d say that, considering a lot of fans on here don’t think he’s knows who to recruit, who to play, or how to coach. Some of these so called fans, would complain that we didn’t win by enough if we went undeafeated every year.

I, however, agree with you.

Not to bust bubbles, but Cal certainly seems to like Rat Face. Did none of you listen to the radio/internet show Cal was doing earlier this year. He had Rat Face as a guest. If he had the feelings you all believe that would never had happened. They seemed like two coaches whom respected one another. Sorry if that doesn't go with the appeal of how we all hate Duke, that's us, not necessarily either the players or coaches. But, it still would be nice if it was a shot.

I’m not buying. Cal had Pitino on his podcast as well, doesn’t mean he “likes him.”

Cal tolerates K, and the two are civil and respect each other. But to imply Cal “likes” K is a stretch. Cal knows K is a phony, but he plays it cool (for the most part). Cal has taken a few cloak and dagger shots at K now.

• This most recent shot.

• Criticized the Bolden “set for life” philosophy.

• Mocked Duke “flopping” when UK played them during the ’12-13 season.

• Took a shot at the media perception of OAD and how they didn’t like it until “some schools started doing it” (Duke, Kansas) and now everyone thinks it’s the best way to compete.

• Almost on an annual basis, K takes a shot at the “legacy” coaches who convince kids to come back to school so they can have 5 more wins a season so he can “reach 1,000 wins”.

• Took a public shot at Bilas for defending Duke at all costs.

• Took a shot at Coach K while talking to Boeheim about his advantage with Team USA.

• Has spoken at least twice on past Selection Sundays about how “some teams” get easier paths but how “it’s okay.”
All of these are shots at K. Inference is the key. Some of you need to pay more attention.

Cal has forgot more about basketball then the rat knows. The rat and his boy Capel are cheaters everyone knows it.
You forgot to insert the word "Entitled" in front of cheaters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT