ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone else hear...

EvilMD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2003
that Jurich wanted Pitino to resign when this scandal first came out? I heard it from someone who knew someone in their athletic department, but you know how that goes. I know Pitino went out of his way to praise Jurich every chance he got the next few weeks.

No way. Don't believe it. Between Petrino and Pitino, and his willingness to take an avalanche of national criticism for standing by those 2, Jurich has shown there is literally nothing either could do that would result in his firing them. Winning is all that matters. Authenticated video of Pitino and Petrino could surface showing them snorting coke, stabbing puppies, pledging allegiance to ISIS and Satan, pooping on the American flag - and Jurich would issue a simple statement saying "These are two of the finest men and best coaches in the country. We stand behind them."

Hopefully Jurich sticking with Pitino through all this leads to his downfall as well.

CbnfYdr.gif

Pitino has incriminating photos of Turtleneck must be something that keeps those scumbags employed

It's rare to see a school with a

Scumbag AD

Scumbag Basketball coach

Scumbag Football coach

But Uofl hit a trifecta. Petrino is forever hated; Pitino still had a few apologists, but they're down to those two idiots, Bilas and Vitale; and now the country knows Jurich is scum and responsible for those two creeps.

The nation knows! Lol.

Which scandal??
Sex on a restaurant table as an assistant coach was on lookout?
Abortion for recipient?
Having an asst. marry Sypher?
Prostitutes in dorms??
Knowing prostitutes in players dorms for 4 years.
I could go on but
Fabulous!

Depends on what the buyout is in Ricks contract. Knowing now that UL athletics was actually close to broke and stealing money from the Foundation to appear otherwise, it seems Jurich was likely stuck - he couldn't afford to fire Rick but was hoping he would do the right thing and resign. He probably knew that not firing Rick was going to mean much tougher sanctions for the university, but he literally did not have the money to make him go away.

It's all quite delicious, really. Jurich's chickens have finally come home to roost. I for one could not be happier. Cheaters never prosper.

Depends on what the buyout is in Ricks contract. Knowing now that UL athletics was actually close to broke and stealing money from the Foundation to appear otherwise, it seems Jurich was likely stuck - he couldn't afford to fire Rick but was hoping he would do the right thing and resign. He probably knew that not firing Rick was going to mean much tougher sanctions for the university, but he literally did not have the money to make him go away.

It's all quite delicious, really. Jurich's chickens have finally come home to roost. I for one could not be happier. Cheaters never prosper.

I'd have to think that there is some kind of morality clause or some other clause about the basketball program receiving sanctions that would enable Jurich to fire him.

Reactions: RogerIndy

Scumbag AD

Scumbag Basketball coach

Scumbag Football coach

But Uofl hit a trifecta. Petrino is forever hated; Pitino still had a few apologists, but they're down to those two idiots, Bilas and Vitale; and now the country knows Jurich is scum and responsible for those two creeps.

The nation knows! Lol.

It's bad when Louisville becomes worse than Memphis in the nations eyes.

Those in charge at Louisville are destroying the image of the University. I am friends with a guy who played for Morehead and now lives close to me in West Tn. His sister is a UL alumni and apparently has been embarrassed to no end. These things filter beyond sports.

I'd have to think that there is some kind of morality clause or some other clause about the basketball program receiving sanctions that would enable Jurich to fire him.
Morality Clause did you really say that in the same sentence with Rick Pitino [roll]he screwed Sypher on a restaurant table and kept his job. Get real:mad:

Reactions: Pewee Cat

Scumbag AD

Scumbag Basketball coach

Scumbag Football coach

The nation knows! Lol.
You left out scumbag president.
That's a superfecta.

that Jurich wanted Pitino to resign when this scandal first came out? I heard it from someone who knew someone in their athletic department, but you know how that goes. I know Pitino went out of his way to praise Jurich every chance he got the next few weeks.

Uh uavel doesn't have scandal. They have marketing and optics management.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Don't believe it for a single minute. All Jurich had to do was say to Pitino, "So, guess who's resigning?" And that would have been that.

He said that Jurich asked Pitino to resign and Pitino said he didn't know about any of it and wanted to fight it. If you'll remember Jurich was in North Carolina for some reason and flew back to Louisville to keep Pitino from talking to the team right when the news hit.

I think this qualifies as "cause"

ADVERTISEMENT