ADVERTISEMENT

Dick Vitale has lost his ever loving mind

First off Joe B didn't coach anywhere else except UK so no way to know about him. Rick was able to win at U of L even though it got taken away so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make about him. Second if Tubby was an elite coach why did he, not only never make a final four at any other school but his last 2 coaching stops have been horrible. Cal was able to take Memphis to the final four and one of the top schools when he left but Tubby has been horrible there. He was able to make the tournament and make the Sweet 16 twice with Tulsa and once with Georgia but that doesn't make him an elite coach. Heck even Tom Crean, who everyone makes says isn't elite, has made the Sweet 16.

So if you can point out something to me make me less "naïve" about why UK is what made Tubby look better than he probably is as a coach, I will gladly listen. Honestly, at all of his other stops he has been good but not elite. I like Tubby and am not bashing him I just don't think he is an elite coach.
Tubby is actually a very good coach. It was time for him to leave though. he had 2 huge roadblocks, 1 he was loyal to his assistants to a fault, and he made some very poor hires. 2, he would not play the AAU game and his recruiting was atrocious so those things do keep him from being in the elite class. His 98 championship was won with Rick's players is a joke. i don't believe Rick wins with that team.

You are right, RP was able to win at UL. The means that he used may have given him a huge advantage. Fran Curci won big here in football, he wasn't elite though, he cheated.
If pitino had not cheated would he have won at Louisville. was Bowen the first player he bought? Pretty unlucky to get caught the very first and only time he cheated...

Huh? So is the same true for every other coach that has coached at UK, not named Adolph Rupp? How many titles did Joe Hall, John Calapari, or Rick Pitino have when they won theirs at UK? That is an incredibly naive thing to say. Does championships only get validated at non blue blood names?

Well, I mean Joe B had his stint at Regis, but do we count that?!

Pitino (corruptly) won a title at Uofl, had UK in the hunt for a title every year, got Providence to the final four

Cal got UMass to the final four, nearly had Memphis winning a title.

This isn't a Tubby bashing post, but just honesty. Tubby hasn't even sniffed quality success after Kentucky.

Hell, Eddie Sutton recovered and got Oklahoma State to the final four (even built up Arkansas and took them there).

Reactions: Chuckinden
another thread hijcaked by Tubby...

I've come to accept that Dickie V is a Duke fan but does love college basketball as a whole. But I can't fathom how he can defend RP.

I mean I guess he's coming from the angle that RP should be considered innocent until proven guilty. And that's a fair angle of this was the only thing RP was involved in that brought taint to U of L. But it's not. He's been a complete a hole since he got there.

Stabbed UK in the back just by coaching there. Cheated on his wife. Paid for her abortion. Had an assistant to marry her to cover up his mistake. Flipped UK fans off when he came to Rupp, a fan base that once worshipped the ground he walked on mind you. Hooker/strippergate. And now Bowen.

I mean what does RP have to do?

Reactions: Cat78Scot
Well, I mean Joe B had his stint at Regis, but do we count that?!

Pitino (corruptly) won a title at Uofl, had UK in the hunt for a title every year, got Providence to the final four

Cal got UMass to the final four, nearly had Memphis winning a title.

This isn't a Tubby bashing post, but just honesty. Tubby hasn't even sniffed quality success after Kentucky.

Hell, Eddie Sutton recovered and got Oklahoma State to the final four (even built up Arkansas and took them there).
I thought I gave good reasons why Tubby was not elite. I am not arguing that Tubby was ultra successful, but titles don't come easy, we have had what 8 in 100 t years. Give Tubby credit for the title he won is all I am saying

I envision Dick Vitale as Smeagol with his multiple personalities.
YRNnJ1c.gif

8pK15tI.gif

tenor.gif

liar-thief.gif

tumblr_njkkmoS8t41tq4of6o1_500.gif

This guy has been defending Pitino like his job depends on it. He must be stupid or has the mind of a 6 year old and thinks everyone is a good guy who could never ever do anything wrong. Pitino could shoot a guy and Dick would say "well I'm sure Pitino didn't know the gun was loaded." He's becoming very insufferable.

I don't think he ever had a mind to lose. I just wish he would go away like a bad dream!!

Reactions: UKWildcatT
Tubby is actually a very good coach. It was time for him to leave though. he had 2 huge roadblocks, 1 he was loyal to his assistants to a fault, and he made some very poor hires. 2, he would not play the AAU game and his recruiting was atrocious so those things do keep him from being in the elite class. His 98 championship was won with Rick's players is a joke. i don't believe Rick wins with that team.

You are right, RP was able to win at UL. The means that he used may have given him a huge advantage. Fran Curci won big here in football, he wasn't elite though, he cheated.
If pitino had not cheated would he have won at Louisville. was Bowen the first player he bought? Pretty unlucky to get caught the very first and only time he cheated...

If Tubby is a very good coach why hasn't he been able to win at Minnesota, Texas Tech or Memphis? Cal, Roy, K, Billy D and most other great coaches in the past 15-20 years could have won at those stops. Cal has already proven it.

If Tubby is a very good coach why hasn't he been able to win at Minnesota, Texas Tech or Memphis? Cal, Roy, K, Billy D and most other great coaches in the past 15-20 years could have won at those stops. Cal has already proven it.
How can you talk about this after the massacre in Starkvegas? I have explained numerous times, Tubby quit recruiting an became an average coach, recruiting is a big part of coaching. You still have to give him credit for 98, he coached that team

I kinda think like Dick. It's not really in line with what I know to be Rick. I think Rick might have gotten setup on this paying players deal. I just don't think he would risk it all on this type of thing. 40 million dollars is a lot to chance on saying: '' pay the mfers I need players'' .
Rick can get alot out 3 and 4 star players. I don't see why he would pay for anybody honestly. The guy has the midas touch when it comes to average talent players.
I smell smoke and bullshit. When you smell both....uhoh.

I kinda think like Dick. It's not really in line with what I know to be Rick. I think Rick might have gotten setup on this paying players deal. I just don't think he would risk it all on this type of thing. 40 million dollars is a lot to chance on saying: '' pay the mfers I need players'' .
Rick can get alot out 3 and 4 star players. I don't see why he would pay for anybody honestly. The guy has the midas touch when it comes to average talent players.
I smell smoke and bullshit. When you smell both....uhoh.
You may like dick. That’s your choice. But the majority of posters don’t like dick. Or Rick.

Reactions: Bluegrass79
ADVERTISEMENT