ADVERTISEMENT

Dick Vitale has lost his ever loving mind

IndyCat1995

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2016
Tucson, AZ by way of Indiana
This guy has been defending Pitino like his job depends on it. He must be stupid or has the mind of a 6 year old and thinks everyone is a good guy who could never ever do anything wrong. Pitino could shoot a guy and Dick would say "well I'm sure Pitino didn't know the gun was loaded." He's becoming very insufferable.

He wanted UL to let legal proceedings play out? If only there had been a precedent of absent morals and multiple incidents of rule breaking prior to this incident revolving around Pitino and UL.

There's a pretty big difference between ul and those other schools. The birds are actually on probabtion and are about to lose a banner. Pitino was in charge for those dealings and he was also in charge with this Bowen deal. At some point he had to be held responsible.

I get that Vitale knows these coaches and has developed relationships with them, but come on. In Vitales world every school should be able to cheat and if they get caught, just pay a hefty fine.

He's also been pushing on Twitter for IU to honor Bobby Knight, even though Bobby Knight said he wasn't interested. You know, because Knight is a bitter old psycho lunatic curmudgeon.

Vitale will fight for coaches until the death, whether they are right or wrong.

ESPN needs to muzzle him, and he’s going to be beyond annoying this year on telecasts.

Reactions: UKUGA
He has done nothing but defended Pitino and UNC for the past 2 weeks all the while throwing Arizona and Sean Miller under the bus every opportunity he gets. I have noticed multiple tweets about the corruptness at Arizona.

People of character don't bend like a willow when the wind blows.
It's a sign of the times that so many are strong on Justice but soft on Consequences.
Well said. Everyone claims to want justice until someone is dealing with consequences. Then they decide the person is wrongly accused and innocent.

Reactions: uky8unc5
In Vitales world every school should be able to cheat and if they get caught, just pay a hefty fine.--
They do. Ref. UNC-CH and Duke. Oh! Wait!

This guy has been defending Pitino like his job depends on it. He must be stupid or has the mind of a 6 year old and thinks everyone is a good guy who could never ever do anything wrong. Pitino could shoot a guy and Dick would say "well I'm sure Pitino didn't know the gun was loaded." He's becoming very insufferable.

UL might have rushed to judgement if this was the first time Pitino had been involved in something, but this is his 3rd incident (that we are aware of).

He has done nothing but defended Pitino and UNC for the past 2 weeks all the while throwing Arizona and Sean Miller under the bus every opportunity he gets. I have noticed multiple tweets about the corruptness at Arizona.

Because no one gives an ish about the Pac whatever it is. The ACC fanbase puts the food on his table.

Vitale needs to retire and live out his retirement away from collage basketball. Never have enjoyed listing to him.

I understand where Vitale is coming from and he could be right (you have to remove your dislike for UL and Pitino). And, I hate them both. But, despite all the reports and exposure, you aren't guilty until proven in court. I am not sure, however, that is Vitale's motivation. It has been historical with Vitale that he basically concerns himself with his relationships with these various coaches and will take their side no matter what. So, he's doing after the fact like anyone could once a decision already has occurred, "Oh I would have recommended something different my friend, I've got your back."

Actually, for UL to have any hope of saving their program I don't think it was heroic on their part to get rid of Pitino. They had to. But, if UNC didn't get punished, I doubt now UL despite all reasons for it, won't get the death penalty either.

I understand where Vitale is coming from and he could be right (you have to remove your dislike for UL and Pitino). And, I hate them both. But, despite all the reports and exposure, you aren't guilty until proven in court. I am not sure, however, that is Vitale's motivation. It has been historical with Vitale that he basically concerns himself with his relationships with these various coaches and will take their side no matter what. So, he's doing after the fact like anyone could once a decision already has occurred, "Oh I would have recommended something different my friend, I've got your back."

Actually, for UL to have any hope of saving their program I don't think it was heroic on their part to get rid of Pitino. They had to. But, if UNC didn't get punished, I doubt now UL despite all reasons for it, won't get the death penalty either.

He’s not right. Regardless of what the FBI ever proves there has to come a point where you say enough is enough. If it was his first scandal that would be different.

And the NCAA isn’t court, neither is UofL. Neither of them are bound by criminal procedure so I fail to see any way you can say Vitale may be right.

Every time I see Dick's name I think about the 10 year setback and how brutal it has been for us over the last decade.

I love Dick Vitale, but he has been insufferable for about 10 years. Dude needs to retire and call it a day.

He’s not right. Regardless of what the FBI ever proves there has to come a point where you say enough is enough. If it was his first scandal that would be different.

And the NCAA isn’t court, neither is UofL. Neither of them are bound by criminal procedure so I fail to see any way you can say Vitale may be right.

If this was the first bad thing or second bad thing or third bad thing or fourth bad thing to happen I think Pitino and Jurich survive but that place has been a dumpster fire for years with the Pitrino ordeal a few years ago, Karen Sypher, Hooker Gate, Ramsey's corruption, the U of L Foundation corruption and now this they had no choice but to clean house. Bobby is probably lucky he has kept his nose clean or he would be gone too.

If this was the first bad thing or second bad thing or third bad thing or fourth bad thing to happen I think Pitino and Jurich survive but that place has been a dumpster fire for years with the Pitrino ordeal a few years ago, Karen Sypher, Hooker Gate, Ramsey's corruption, the U of L Foundation corruption and now this they had no choice but to clean house. Bobby is probably lucky he has kept his nose clean or he would be gone too.

Petrino just hasn’t been caught yet.

Every time I see Dick's name I think about the 10 year setback and how brutal it has been for us over the last decade.

I think Tubby was a great person and a good coach but UK made him a champion not the other way around. He would never have won a championship at 99% of the other schools. He needed the UK name to get enough Jimmie's and Joe's to get the job done.

Rush to Judgement? How many years has the UL community known Jurich, Pitino and company were living outside of the rules. I say they took much too long to finally do the right thing. No rush at all, the old UL board drug their feet and covered things up. That is why all are history. The game is over

The only thing at ul that has been rushed with ul and pitino has been his 15 seconds.

Yes, as others have said, there is no rush to judgment here. Think about it...
Even IF Rick didn't know anything AGAIN, this $100K for a recruit happening right under his nose, combined with the hookers for recruits and the current probation, means he's out on his ear regardless. He's toast. There is no rush here.

TrueBluCatfan,

Unlike many who won't admit they are wrong, I will. I didn't think fully about all the other scandals at UL. Your right how can anyone defend that at all. Vitale is wrong, end of story.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
If ESPN was burning down....... I wouldnt even urinate of them to save them. I cant believe I used to love that channel... then I grew up and saw how they were controlling sports instead of covering it.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
I think Tubby was a great person and a good coach but UK made him a champion not the other way around. He would never have won a championship at 99% of the other schools. He needed the UK name to get enough Jimmie's and Joe's to get the job done.
Huh? So is the same true for every other coach that has coached at UK, not named Adolph Rupp? How many titles did Joe Hall, John Calapari, or Rick Pitino have when they won theirs at UK? That is an incredibly naive thing to say. Does championships only get validated at non blue blood names?

Well they have a standard of fifteen seconds set for a lot of things at UofSmell you know !! So going by that they took an entirety to fire Pitino

Huh? So is the same true for every other coach that has coached at UK, not named Adolph Rupp? How many titles did Joe Hall, John Calapari, or Rick Pitino have when they won theirs at UK? That is an incredibly naive thing to say. Does championships only get validated at non blue blood names?

First off Joe B didn't coach anywhere else except UK so no way to know about him. Rick was able to win at U of L even though it got taken away so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make about him. Second if Tubby was an elite coach why did he, not only never make a final four at any other school but his last 2 coaching stops have been horrible. Cal was able to take Memphis to the final four and one of the top schools when he left but Tubby has been horrible there. He was able to make the tournament and make the Sweet 16 twice with Tulsa and once with Georgia but that doesn't make him an elite coach. Heck even Tom Crean, who everyone makes says isn't elite, has made the Sweet 16.

So if you can point out something to me make me less "naïve" about why UK is what made Tubby look better than he probably is as a coach, I will gladly listen. Honestly, at all of his other stops he has been good but not elite. I like Tubby and am not bashing him I just don't think he is an elite coach.

ADVERTISEMENT