ADVERTISEMENT

Diallo scores 11; Fox continues his hot start.

Based on watching Diallo and Knox go through walk throughs all year and seeing this team play with much more tenacity through THREE scrimmage games. If last years team doesn't make you think that some guys aren't 100% then there's no point in me arguing your agenda. You literally take up for any player through any situation. You have no credibility and diversity of thought on the topic.

In my opinion of course

you thought diallo "went through the motions" when he scored 14 points, 6 boards and 2 steals against UL when we boat-raced them by 30?

i stick up for the players when fans throws them under only because they lose more games than they can stand. and thats the only crime diallo/knox made here.

and you will do it again this year if they lose games. thats your agenda.

You obviously didn't pay attention to the Bahamas trip, or haven't been keeping up with Calipari's own comments about this team's work ethic in practice being a joy to coach.

Ultimately, I think last year's team was a Sweet 16 caliber team, so I was cool with how they improved and closed out the year in the SEC Tournament and NCAA Tournament.

That said, they certainly had a few guys who sort of went through the motions and just didn't have that dog mentality Cal talks about. This team obviously has it.

you mean a team with more upper classmen that have an extra month of practice is a better team and easier to coach.....wow. who knew!

the notion that last years team "lacked heart" is just stupid fan talk who believe what they want to believe. 3 of those same players are now this years team leaders. people HATED nick richards, more than diallo. but now he has heart...based off scrimmages. oh ok.

Reactions: WildMoon
Diallo has unbelievable combine athleticism that he rarely showed on the basketball court. Saw it a couple times last year. But very, very rarely.

Reactions: morgousky
you mean a team with more upper classmen that have an extra month of practice is a better team and easier to coach.....wow. who knew!

the notion that last years team "lacked heart" is just stupid fan talk who believe what they want to believe. 3 of those same players are now this years team leaders. people HATED nick richards, more than diallo. but now he has heart...based off scrimmages. oh ok.
Actually Rex Chapman (which I hate myself for quoting him) went on about last year's team and how only one player showed up for every game last season and that was SGA. Several times other players had checked out.

BostonCat never misses an opportunity to shit on Kentucky fans.

Diallo was a bad basketball player last year. If you can’t deal with people saying so then look in the mirror and grow a pair.

you thought diallo "went through the motions" when he scored 14 points, 6 boards and 2 steals against UL when we boat-raced them by 30?

i stick up for the players when fans throws them under only because they lose more games than they can stand. and thats the only crime diallo/knox made here.

and you will do it again this year if they lose games. thats your agenda.

What would you say to Cal who threw Vanderbilt under the bus in the middle of the season? Shut up Cal, he's doing his best?

Actually yes you would. I bet you disagree with Cal doing it. And that's why you have no credibility. You're just a victim advocate who sees victims everywhere.

BostonCat never misses an opportunity to shit on Kentucky fans.

Diallo was a bad basketball player last year. If you can’t deal with people saying so then look in the mirror and grow a pair.

dont make it so easy. mixing bad at basketball and not having heart are two different things.

saying a kid sucks at basketball on a message board behind a fake name....yeah you have huge stones.

dont make it so easy. mixing bad at basketball and not having heart are two different things.

saying a kid sucks at basketball on a message board behind a fake name....yeah you have huge stones.

Name is Adam McFarland. Live in Franklin, TN.

Diallo was a bad basketball player for Kentucky last year. I’m not speaking on his heart, but I’m 100% comfortable saying he was not a good basketball player as a freshman at Kentucky.

What would you say to Cal who threw Vanderbilt under the bus in the middle of the season? Shut up Cal, he's doing his best?

Actually yes you would. I bet you disagree with Cal doing it. And that's why you have no credibility. You're just a victim advocate who sees victims everywhere.

you mentioned diallo and said he and knox sandbagged it ALL YEAR. your words. now you bring up JV? what does he have to do with diallo and knox and your comment (Based on watching Diallo and Knox go through walk throughs all year)?

Name is Adam McFarland. Live in Franklin, TN.

Diallo was a bad basketball player for Kentucky last year. I’m not speaking on his heart, but I’m 100% comfortable saying he was not a good basketball player as a freshman at Kentucky.

and i'm not talking about his basketball ability. i'm talking about others in here questioning his heart.

and i'm not talking about his basketball ability. i'm talking about others in here questioning his heart.

If all you’re speaking to is that comment then I will bow out. I take issue with anyone who acts like it’s a crime to say Diallo was not good for Kentucky last season. It’s okay to say it. Doesn’t make you a bad fan or a bad guy.

you mentioned diallo and said he and knox sandbagged it ALL YEAR. your words. now you bring up JV? what does he have to do with diallo and knox and your comment (Based on watching Diallo and Knox go through walk throughs all year)?

Because I wasn't getting into it in its totality until you started pretending there was nothing wrong with our players at all last year. And go back to my second post. Vanderbilt is squarely in it.

Cal has said what hes said and our eyes showed the rest. You will do what you do, pump the individual player even when it's not necessary. I promise Diallo couldn't care less about you.

This is why, once again, you haven't a shred of credibility when discussing these types of situations. At least some of us make a judgement based on each individual case, you just pump to pump.

And you can't stay on topic either.

I specifically said whatever the factors, he didnt go hard all year. And he didn't.

Deal with it or cry. I don't care.

Name the better athletes since 1990 then, since that's apparently what you took from this entire conversation.

I think you’re a smart guy. You’re also 100% a company man, which I guess is fine.

Diallo measured as an unbelievable athlete off the court. But best athlete on the court, not even close. Not. Close. He rarely used his athleticism on the basketball court.

Name the better athletes since 1990 then, since that's apparently what you took from this entire conversation.

But you are going strictly by combine numbers right? Because Diallo only showed his athletic fierceness in one game that I can rememeber. Buffalo second round? Probably the sweet 16 too.

Last edited:
Reactions: STL_Cat
I think you’re a smart guy. You’re also 100% a company man, which I guess is fine.

Diallo measured as an unbelievable athlete off the court. But best athlete on the court, not even close. Not. Close. He rarely used his athleticism on the basketball court.

That's what I'm thinking. He played so small all year. Look at Wiggins. Diallo doesn't have that kind of athleticism, and it doesn't matter at all.

[eyeroll] Nope. "Apparently" you are incorrect, sir. I don't know what you did with the old Gonzo, but can you return him, please?

Thanks in advance.

No that's definitely the real Gonzo. I know his positions anywhere.

Like a professor who throws out a viewpoint against the common thought just to create a new narrative whether he's right or wrong.

And I mean that as a compliment.

I think.

On court better athletes with more explosion.

Wall
Randle
Goodwin

And around 25 - 35 more just dont have the desire.

Right, but that's a separate discussion. Showing it rarely doesn't mean it's not there. He's not less athletic than he was in those good moments when he's inconsistent, he's just inconsistent.

And so within the context of the discussion, which was him being here this season after it appeared the light came on at the end of last year, it's safe to believe we'd get more of that more often.

Right, but that's a separate discussion. Showing it rarely doesn't mean it's not there. He's not less athletic than he was in those good moments when he's inconsistent, he's just inconsistent.

And so within the context of the discussion, which was him being here this season after it appeared the light came on at the end of last year, it's safe to believe we'd get more of that more often.

I don’t think it is a separate discussion. This is a basketball board. The only way athleticism matters is in the way that it is translated to the basketball court.

Reactions: Cindog28
Gonzo, I appreciate your fandom. I do. But your complete inability to be critical in any way is obnoxious. I don’t mean any offense by that.

On court better athletes with more explosion.

Wall
Randle
Goodwin

And around 25 - 35 more just dont have the desire.

Lol stop. "On court better athletes with more explosion."

Is better two foot leapers during road games on Tuesday night when the temperature is between 40 and 46 degrees next on your list?

Only you and your pals can turn your awful "I don't want Diallo on this team" take into a ranking of "on court better athletes." It's a gift.

[eyeroll] Nope. "Apparently" you are incorrect, sir. I don't know what you did with the old Gonzo, but can you return him, please?

Thanks in advance.

Telling you you're wrong once when you half ass read a thread and tried to chime in about something we weren't even discussing doesn't mean "old Gonzo" went anywhere.

It just means Old Cindy was a better poster and didn't carry hurt feelings to a new thread. It isn't personal. Don't make it that way.

The hate on diallo is almost moronic on this board .

Smh . People make the same mistake over and over and still don't learn.

There were some unbelievable athletes on the And-1 tours years ago. Who gives a ish? If your athleticism isn’t used on the basketball court I couldn’t possibly care less. I don’t see how this is even difficult to comprehend.

The hate on diallo is almost moronic on this board .

Smh . People make the same mistake over and over and still don't learn.

See, this to me is annoying. I don’t hate Diallo. Not even a little bit. I’m saying he wasn’t a very good basketball player for us last season. If you think that’s hate, then I don’t know how you carry on with your day to day. I hope you have a stress free job.

Gonzo, I appreciate your fandom. I do. But your complete inability to be critical in any way is obnoxious. I don’t mean any offense by that.

Except when I am critical, and then that's attacked. I had the nerve to say Tyler Herro being one and done would be unprecedented. Three guesses about how well that went over.

To me, it's much more obnoxious to jump into a celebration thread and try to shit on it.

I don't take any of it personally. But if it's a world where there's no middle or shades of gray, go ahead and put me down for a Go Cats on a Kentucky message board.

Lol stop. "On court better athletes with more explosion."

Is better two foot leapers during road games on Tuesday night when the temperature is between 40 and 46 degrees next on your list?

Only you and your pals can turn your awful "I don't want Diallo on this team" take into a ranking of "on court better athletes." It's a gift.

Hey, if it's true, it's true. Diallo didnt show any physical gifts on the court for most of the year. We dont award wins and losses by a combine.

Wiggins is more gifted athletically than Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson. I dont see it matter at all.

Except when I am critical, and then that's attacked. I had the nerve to say Tyler Herro being one and done would be unprecedented. Three guesses about how well that went over.

To me, it's much more obnoxious to jump into a celebration thread and try to shit on it.

I don't take any of it personally. But if it's a world where there's no middle or shades of gray, go ahead and put me down for a Go Cats on a Kentucky message board.

I don’t operate that way. You’ll find me as a “rah rah” guy in plenty of threads both on here and on the football side. I just don’t understand this thing where we can’t be critical at all. It’s weird.

See, this to me is annoying. I don’t hate Diallo. Not even a little bit. I’m saying he wasn’t a very good basketball player for us last season. If you think that’s hate, then I don’t know how you carry on with your day to day. I hope you have a stress free job.

And he wasn't good last year. So?

I still want him this year .

It's almost idiotic not to want him back.

I don’t operate that way. You’ll find me as a “rah rah” guy in plenty of threads both on here and on the football side. I just don’t understand this thing where we can’t be critical at all. It’s weird.

I have always said that I must have ran with totally different kinds of people than some on this board because me and my family / boys will take up for everyone of our players to other programs fans but together we discuss the reality and have no problem tearing into issues that are there.

Here it's like I'm having to, I dont know. Pump to other Kentucky fans which, seems odd. Diallo kind of sucked. Why is it not okay for me and another UK fan to talk about it?

Imagine a friend of yours coming up to you and telling you "Man, Diallo sucked ass all night. Getting sick of it" and your response is " Diallo is doing fine. It's his life yadda yadda.....I mean some of it is truly bizarre from the typical guy sports world I'm used to

Who said we can't be critical? I said claiming we wouldn't be better with Diallo on the team is absurd and outlined the role he could have.

Instead, we're arguing semantics on "one of the best" and on vs off court athleticism.

And he wasn't good last year. So?

I still want him this year .

It's almost idiotic not to want him back.

When it comes down to it I'm taking Diallo if he can accept a role as a wing that comes off the bench for defense and doesn't take shots. If not, no, I dont want him back and that's the correct position to take.

Seeing as how Diallo turned it on in the tournament defensively I wouldn't mind seeing what that might have turned into. But this team doesn't need Diallo and maybe wouldn't be as good with him. We dont know.

When it comes down to it I'm taking Diallo if he can accept a role as a wing that comes off the bench for defense and doesn't take shots. If not, no, I dont want him back and that's the correct position to take.

Seeing as how Diallo turned it on in the tournament defensively I wouldn't mind seeing what that might have turned into. But this team doesn't need Diallo and maybe wouldn't be as good with him. We dont know.

No one is saying this team NEEDS to have Diallo. This team is ****ing great.

The critical comment was the notion that people were HAPPY that Diallo was gone.

And your argument is now "If he is a bad apple, we don't want him." But, by all means last year he was completely fine. Also, reports are that he worked hard. It's also true that when he played well the whole team celebrated after the game.

The problem last year, was simply we had bunch of freshmen who thought they knew what it took to win at college, and fell flat on their face (of course they still won SEC tourney).

Why is it that, NR, QG, JB, and PJ can all show tremendous sign of growth, but when it comes to Diallo...no, he sucks, he will never improve, glad he left...?

This year looks so great, BECAUSE we have mature players who struggled last year and here this year not making the same mistake.

Also, the class coming in is DEFINITELY great and mature for their age. However, PJ, QG, JB, and NR (you can include RT too) that's truly inspirational. Last year we didn't have that, took summer too lightly, didn't have it mentally, and it took a hit. When we got punched in the face, we struggle to fight back.

How is it that NR who probably looked one of the worst can so dramatically improve, and yet for Diallo it's "Nah, we are HAPPY he left."

No one is saying this team NEEDS to have Diallo. This team is ****ing great.

The critical comment was the notion that people were HAPPY that Diallo was gone.

And your argument is now "If he is a bad apple, we don't want him." But, by all means last year he was completely fine. Also, reports are that he worked hard. It's also true that when he played well the whole team celebrated after the game.

The problem last year, was simply we had bunch of freshmen who thought they knew what it took to win at college, and fell flat on their face (of course they still won SEC tourney).

Why is it that, NR, QG, JB, and PJ can all show tremendous sign of growth, but when it comes to Diallo...no, he sucks, he will never improve, glad he left...?

This year looks so great, BECAUSE we have mature players who struggled last year and here this year not making the same mistake.

Also, the class coming in is DEFINITELY great and mature for their age. However, PJ, QG, JB, and NR (you can include RT too) that's truly inspirational. Last year we didn't have that, took summer too lightly, didn't have it mentally, and it took a hit. When we got punched in the face, we struggle to fight back.

How is it that NR who probably looked one of the worst can so dramatically improve, and yet for Diallo it's "Nah, we are HAPPY he left."

Because Green is a fierce competitor and it showed. Pj played his ass off and it showed. Diallo, Vanderbilt, and Knox were not on that gear, no matter how close they were maturity wise. And again, it showed.

Diallo
Briscoe
Vanderbilt

I'm personally fine without having these guys on our rosters in the future too. The main reason is because all are extremely limited on a college court.

Maybe Diallo would have turned the corner, maybe he wasn't like Vando and he actually cared. I said earlier in the thread that I don't know what it was with Diallo, but I do know he did everything in his power to leave before he ever played a minute at UK. Then his team had 3 guys that walked through most of the year sleeping, but aren't having that issue in the NBA. Diallo did play great against Buffalo so maybe he would be a benefit. My point is I dont think it would be worth it to try given that there's a potential for chemistry issues or a fundamental difference in their approach to winning. Green, Hagans, Herro and Johnson approach the game TOTALLY different than Diallo, Knox, and Vando.

So pick your reason, I don't know. But in my opinion we will be better without those kinds of players who are not only one dimensional and offensively handicapped, but play like they need a rebuilt motor. You can't win a title with teams full of those guys.

And I like Diallo believe it or not. If players stayed 3/4 years he would be a special one.

Reactions: Cindog28
ADVERTISEMENT