ADVERTISEMENT

Diallo is pressing because he's trying to impress the NBA scouts..

Jul 23, 2002
I like Diallo game and all but to me he is playing to impress the scouts but he is going about it the wrong way. But believe it or not he still has a good shot at being a 1st round pick.

Hami has been humbled by the physicality needed to succeed at the college level, especially the SEC. He has lost almost all of his confidence.

He is facing the reality that he is not as good a player as he thought he was just a month and a half ago when we were playing far less talented teams.

Reality bites!

Hami has been humbled by the physicality needed to succeed at the college level, especially the SEC. He has lost almost all of his confidence.

He is facing the reality that he is not as good a player as he thought he was just a month and a half ago when we were playing far less talented teams.

Reality bites!
I am shocked that Diallo can't get 10 points a game off layups and dunks. Last night alone Herron blocked him when he was going up for a dunk and the little PG stripped him when he was going up for a dunk. I assume he is perfectly health, but he certainly isn't playing like the athlete he was made out to be. I mean Monk was good for a sportcenter top 10 almost every game.

How much do you think Hami is kicking himself for not playing last year? I bet he would've looked a whole lot better next to Fox and Monk than this group.

He may be pressing...but dude came to UK with a reputation of being a brick layer...and he's more than living up to that now. So even if he wasn't about NBA...would he be the same player that simply can't make shots in halfcourt?

The only shock to me is how bad Hami is dribbling the ball. He literally can't dribble in traffic and that was not how he looked in HS. He gets into lane and he bounces off of guys and never finishes going toward the rim but always a fade away/pull up....I thought he'd be way tougher off the bounce.

I was at the game last night in Auburn and I got there early and I watched every guy in warm up for an hour and a half. Diallo took nothing serious. In the shoot around, he didn't square up and work on his shot. When he stretched, he was lackadaisical. Maybe that's how he is before games, staying loose but I wasn't impress...but what do I know?

After watching the game last night who would you think is the better athlete Herron or Diallo?

I like Diallo game and all but to me he is playing to impress the scouts but he is going about it the wrong way. But believe it or not he still has a good shot at being a 1st round pick.
Better press hard. Too many wrinkles.
health-beauty-wrinke-iron-facelife-face_lift-ironing-dre0515_low.jpg

I really liked Diallo's game up to a point. His inability to shoot consistently takes away from all the other good things he does. There really is no reason to defend him until he gets close to the basket and then he is just not tough or physical enough to fight his way through. I think I am more disappointed in him than any of the other players.

Diallo will never play in the NBA. His handle, shooting, defense, basketball IQ, attitude, & intensity are poor. On a positive note, he can probably join Briscoe in Siberia.

He may be pressing...but dude came to UK with a reputation of being a brick layer...and he's more than living up to that now. So even if he wasn't about NBA...would he be the same player that simply can't make shots in halfcourt?

The only shock to me is how bad Hami is dribbling the ball. He literally can't dribble in traffic and that was not how he looked in HS. He gets into lane and he bounces off of guys and never finishes going toward the rim but always a fade away/pull up....I thought he'd be way tougher off the bounce.
When Hami drives he is more apt to get blocked or get called for a foul than he is to score and/or draw a foul, a good slashes get the basket or the foul or both. He needs to get in the middle and make mid range jumpers like he did in the 2nd half against UT

Reactions: brianpoe
How can you play a shooting guard who can't shoot from the field or make free throws, turns it over at an alarming rate, and generally just kills the team's momentum while he is in the game? Here's his stat line from last night. I'll let everyone draw their own conclusion: In 16 minutes on the floor he turned it over 4 times! He was 1 of 5 from the field and 1 of 3 from the free throw line, for a total of 3 points. Yep, the NBA is chopping at the bit to get this kid.

Reactions: Dirt Court King
How can you play a shooting guard who can't shoot from the field or make free throws, turns it over at an alarming rate, and generally just kills the team's momentum while he is in the game?

That's why I think he'd be better at the 3 playing alongside SGA and Green. Green and SGA can handle the offense while Diallo can express his athleticism off the ball and focus on being a high effort defensive player. It wouldn't be a bad look to throw out there when we give Knox a breather.

Well, he ain't helping himself. Last night a bunch of one stars and no stars picked his pocket, shut his drives down, blocked his shot, time and again.

Which begs the question, why do we recruit players that have the rep of brick layers?

I believe both Knox and Diallo are chemistry killers. There are players in DII that are much better than what Diallo has shown to be over the course of the season. Knox is playing for Knox and appears to play when he wants to play, basically saying to hell with Coach Cal and my teammates.

Reactions: Farsight
Hami has gotten by with his athleticism so far. He’s quickly learning that to play high level college basketball, you need more than that.

Reactions: Fox2monk
He may be idk.. what I do know is I’m still sick of hearing about NBA. What the hell happened to worrying about Kentucky. When did it not matter to be worried about playing well enough to get on the floor at Kentucky. Sorry I’m just so sick of the NBA talk around our program when we don’t even have good college players playing. Use to be if you couldn’t dominate in College you didn’t play in the league. Now kids that can’t play think they are lottery picks smd

Is our diallo related to the KU diallo and the other diallo? I feel like they were all hype too

Hami has gotten by with his athleticism so far. He’s quickly learning that to play high level college basketball, you need more than that.

You can tell he dunked his way through high school and had no other skills and it shows. He has the basics to play and that’s it. No go to spot or move. No handle. No IQ. Ulis looked like a HOF player his freshman year in comparison because he had to rely on skill to get into college.

Reactions: musrat59
I am shocked that Diallo can't get 10 points a game off layups and dunks. Last night alone Herron blocked him when he was going up for a dunk and the little PG stripped him when he was going up for a dunk. I assume he is perfectly health, but he certainly isn't playing like the athlete he was made out to be. I mean Monk was good for a sportcenter top 10 almost every game.

You could see in Monks highlights how skilled he was. He hit shots draped over defenders at the buzzer with three people on him fading away. He was nasty in HS.

The only shock to me is how bad Hami is dribbling the ball.

Agreed. From what I've seen, he's really not a guard. He doesn't dribble, shoot or pass like a guard.. He's basically a natural forward that Cal's trying to jam into that 2 guard spot where he's uncomfortable.

The college position that really would be the best fit for him is at the 3 spot. And, if he was at another school, that's probably where he'd be playing.

Last edited:
Agreed. From what I've seen, he's really not a guard. He doesn't dribble, shoot or pass like a guard.. He's basically a natural forward that Cal's trying to jam into that 2 guard spot where he's uncomfortable.

The college position that really would be the best fit for him is at the 3 spot. And, if he was at another school, that's probably where he'd be playing.
3s still need to be able to dribble and shoot and pass and defend and Hami can't do any of that, if he was at another school with a better option he wouldn't be playing. He only plays here because we have 3 healthy guards on the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT