ADVERTISEMENT

Devon and AAron's shooting woes

mdlUK.1

All-American
Dec 23, 2002
Early in the season when Booker was almost automatic from 3, there was no hesitation on his shot. Since then, Cal has put more emphasis on getting the ball inside and i see Devon and Aaron sort of hesitate, trying to decide if they needed to take the shot or drive.

I'd like to see them get back into the mode of, if the 3 is there, TAKE IT!

You might have a point about the hesitation. Could be some strategy and could be some lack of confidence contributing to that. Either way, I agree with you, I'd like to see them continue to shoot and do so without hesitation. The only cure is to keep shooting...

I stand by my belief that they are being told to not take 3's as much...as Cal knows that is the one way UK can be beat...to stand around and jack up 3's and if the 3's are not falling...who knows what happens.

UK should go inside constantly against a team like Hampton, as they should against a team like ND with no size if they play them, and Wisconsin due to how unathletic they are. It worked last year against Wisconsin, as UK took 5 three's, made 2 (including the big last shot) and shot over 50%.

This post was edited on 3/20 9:49 AM by UKWildcats#8

Devin should have gotten more shots when the game was out of reach just to try to find his shot. He looked down the entire game. I hope his attitude and confidence rise soon. We really need him.

early in the season booker was awful. the first 9 games, 14 of 56 for 25%. the middle of the season is when he went on a hot streak. i calculated before, but he was probably shooting 70% for a good stretch. now for the last half the season, 18 games, he's 20 of 61 for 32%. it seems mental, maybe for the reason you said, but i'm not sure he'll break out of it at this point.

Originally posted by mdlUK.1:
Early in the season when Booker was almost automatic from 3, there was no hesitation on his shot. Since then, Cal has put more emphasis on getting the ball inside and i see Devon and Aaron sort of hesitate, trying to decide if they needed to take the shot or drive.

Has Aaron and Andrew switched jerseys?
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Andrew is hitting shots eerily similar to Aaron.

It all falls around that Lisa Ann article coming out on 2/16 that talked about her talking stats with him and her wanting to have sex with him. 10 games prior to that he was 37/76=49% from field, 13/31=42% 3pt and 108 total points. Since that date (and he had a huge game the day after that on 2/17 which is included in these stats) he has been 30/80 for 38% fg, 11/37 for 30% 3 and 89 total points.

His last 6 games look like this though:
1/6, 0/2 for 2 points
1/4, 1/3, 3
3/5, 2/4, 12
2/6, 0/2, 4
2/4, 2/3, 6
2/9, 1/4, 9 points

So Lisa Ann destroyed Tiger and now she has destroyed Devin lol.

Originally posted by mdlUK.1:

I am not worried about it they will make them when needed and Andrew has taken up the slack as he is almost automatic now from anywhere with his sweet J.

Aaron has shot

1 - 3
2 - 3
3 - 5
0 - 2

in the 4 Tourney games which is 6/13 for 46%.

He's shooting fine, but yesterday he shot like shit but it was more than his shots. His drive was bad.

Devin has been quiet for some time now. He just need to breathe and shoot. He's not hesitating because he was told to hold back. He's hesitating because he's been missing shot.

ADVERTISEMENT