ADVERTISEMENT

Devin Booker

BBNin PA

Sophomore
Apr 24, 2009
Anyone who thinks he is lottery material is off their rocker. I said it in a thread earlier in the SEC tournament. He will be back next season.

Originally posted by BBNin PA:
Anyone who thinks he is lottery material is off their rocker. I said it in a thread earlier in the SEC tournament. He will be back next season.
He may come back but you are more off your rocker than whoever stated he is lottery material.

Maybe I should clarify, Booker isn't lottery material this season. No way, guy has been ice cold for 2 months now, can't hit a midrange jumper, and isn't a spectacular defender. I didn't mean to say he wouldn't ever be lottery material, but this season? Just no.

Maybe I should clarify, Booker isn't lottery material this season. No way, guy has been ice cold for 2 months now, can't hit a midrange jumper, and isn't a spectacular defender. I didn't mean to say he wouldn't ever be lottery material, but this season? Just no.
Two words....Daniel Orton....two more words....Coach Cal. Don't ever say never. Booker has size and potential. If he wants to go Cal will work his magic. Who knows at this point but I'd never overlook the Cal magic. (Especially since being at UK.) Be Good

We hope you are right but if you can't see the potential(and thats all the NBA needs to see) then you are just wishful thinking.

Originally posted by KentuckyWildcat4Life:
Right now he is a top 15 pick is nearly all mock drafts
Be glad when he breaks out of this funk he is in,

we definitely need him to get his shooting touch back. I think it is all in his head right now.He is pressing and thinking about it too much.

He definitely needs another year. Even when he's shooting well, he still needs another year to improve his def and polish his all around game.

Devin Booker could USE another year for a learning prospective. To simply get better at basketball. The problem with that is getting better at your game doesn't matter to some of these GM's. They will take him first round guaranteed. Not sure about Lottery, but he'd go high.

It's a personal decision based on what he wants. This is the day and age of now and "me", so you never know. And I don't say that with a condescending tone, It just is what it is.

I like Booker a lot - maybe he'll play himself down to a late first round pick, then decide to come back and make his way up to that 5-10 range next year.

I'd wish him all the luck if he left this year, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he came back and destroyed worlds

Too early for any conclusions, but if tonight is indicative of the rest of his tourney performance, then welcome back Booker and have a seat for a while.

OP, you would have made the same statement in November, but what about January and Feb?

Stop acting like you are the wise man on the mountain. Shooters go through slumps, news flash. He is the same player he was 4 weeks ago.

This post was edited on 3/20 1:35 AM by Raroyder

The thing that is difficult for Booker is he currently isn't getting enough shots to shoot his way out of the slump. Booker is a great young man and a great player here's hoping he gets hot.

This post was edited on 3/20 11:26 AM by brian5562

Seems like right now he is kind of forcing the issue instead of letting the game come to him. I would like to see the young fella get his confidence back. We really need him to get back on track.

His recent struggles are probably no more than a elbow slightly out or something.
One way or another we need him to get going.. Soon

Originally posted by BBUK:
Two words....Daniel Orton....two more words....Coach Cal. Don't ever say never. Booker has size and potential. If he wants to go Cal will work his magic. Who knows at this point but I'd never overlook the Cal magic. (Especially since being at UK.) Be Good
What is this magic you speak of?

I need to hear....

Have you seen how the women react around him. Dude is probably getting laid so much it isn't funny. He has weak legs.

His shooting has been off for a while now but in this game, I saw a deer-in-the-headlights look that I have not seen before.

Originally posted by Abomb502Cat:
Newman isnt coming to UK.
Thanks
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Just on a maturity level only, if he were my son I would want him to come back. And has nothing to do with BB.

Originally posted by ukcatsfan2:
Originally posted by BBUK:
What is this magic you speak of?

I need to hear....

Dude..if you haven't "seen" Cal's magic by now, you never will. His time at UK is mystical but, you already knew that...

Booker's situation isn't anything that we haven't seen before with Cal's players in regards to the draft. There is a lot that goes into the decision of entering the draft and the way he is currently playing isn't the ultimate deciding factor. Teams will see his potential with his size and shooting ability, but timing will also come into play with who else is entering the draft in a given year.

Just my opinion, he seems like a guy that wouldn't mind coming back for another year. Next year's team has potential and he has a shot at playing himself into All-American consideration. But who knows? Some team could fall in love with his game and want to take him early. Enjoy 'em while we have 'em.

Without the outside shooting of Aaron and Devin it will be more difficult each round to advance. Once a team picks up that we are having a 2010 W. Va. moment it may resemble that performance. I don't want to see another one like that, lets just blame it on the late night and move on......fingers crossed

When Booker had that lane to the basket to start the 2nd half and did not go up strong to dunk or lay it in and draw a foul I knew something was bizarre. Now he finished a nice layup pass from Harrison like the very next play....but that was about it.

I think Booker is pressing a little, forcing some shots, because of NBA mock drafts. IMO.

So the people who get paid to scout and evaluate talent are crazy, but you know it all? Oh, OK...

Look at Bradley Beal, didn't shoot well at all for an entire season, went lottery, and it's working out great for everyone.

He will leave after this year, and get drafted in lottery....because teams know he's really a top 10 talent in other drafts. He has the size and skill...so he's in a slump and all of a sudden he's not great prospect? Guys get in the NBA and guess what, their games improve...you know why? It's because they don't have class to take time away from them working on their game ALL DAY.

Devin just needs to hit some early shots. It is completely a confidence and mental thing for him right now. He needs to see some balls go through the basket and then he will start getting that shot back. I am not sure it will happen in this tournament, but if it does then KY becomes almost impossible to beat.

If we want to cut down the nets then Devin and Aaron have to find their shooting touch. Devin needs to drive the hell out of the ball and get some and 1's and free throws to see the ball go in a few times.

If Cincy plays a zone then we will need him to hit some open 3's. Probably just comes down to Booker is a streaky shooter and has long stretches of hot and cold play.

ADVERTISEMENT