ADVERTISEMENT

Devin Askew committing soon?

I thought Cunningham already committed to Ok st.? They have it listed that way on the UK Basketball and recruiting site.

Unless it happened this morning he's not committed and left his OSU official visit uncommitted.

Word from a good Rivals source this morning is that Cunningham's supposed interest in other schools is more than likely Nothing But Smoke and he ends up at Oklahoma State.

That meeting with UofL yesterday immediately followed by an announcement "soon" has me worried. Does that not concern anyone else?

Well, he visited them Sept 1st. Then Cal visits on the 12th only a few days ago. Then with UofL yesterday? Seems good for UofL.. Was he witing to see Cal/UK's last pitch? Was it enough to make him tell UofL that he's not coming?

I would think if it was good for Kentucky we would have gotten some Crystal Ball picks the last few days.

Well, he visited them Sept 1st. Then Cal visits on the 12th only a few days ago. Then with UofL yesterday? Seems good for UofL.. Was he witing to see Cal/UK's last pitch? Was it enough to make him tell UofL that he's not coming?

I would think if it was good for Kentucky we would have gotten some Crystal Ball picks the last few days.

The latest two futurecasts on Rivals are for UK.

In Evans mailbag, he's only leaning towards Kentucky when Askew still had several more visits and several more months to decide.

I would imagine Evans would pick UofL at this point. Askew basically cancelled his visit to us, scheduled to be October or November.

The latest two futurecasts on Rivals are for UK.

Evans was on the 5th and McDonald on the 13th.. Based on timeline of things (The UofL meeting and bumping up his commitment date), those seem to be outdated already.

I fuxxking hope he comes. Pure pg who’s deadly from distance. Him with all that athleticism around him. That’s a dangerous offense. Please pick uk
Having a pg that can hit a high percentage from deep is a huge advantage.

There was a lot of things that fell into.place for our 2011 team to get to the FF, to me, the most important thing was our backcourt's shooting ability. Lamb was phenomenal, but Knight's shooting ability, + his ability to manage the offense, made us really tough to defend.

I'm not sure I'd jump the gun on this one either way.

Maybe he was sold on Kentucky a few days ago, but wanted to give Louisville a courtesy attempt to change his mind.

It's as plausible as Louisville finishing off a successful sale's job. We saw Muhammed years ago give UK one last shot to change his mind and he still picked UCLA. UK also had a finish-line talk with Jaylen Brown right before he picked California.

Getting the last word is no sure sign of landing a kid.

It does help that Kentucky called him immediately back in June, at the first opportunity to contact 2021 kids. Kentucky isn't a last min player for him, instead they've made him a priority. That's a good sign.

Really curious as to what Evans thinks, currently, and not from a week ago.

Reactions: FFWhite
Powder's been on him for over a year. Cal came in fairly late. UL will win out because of it. Cal probably didn't think he would reclass, so he didn't turn up the heat until it was too late.

I'm not sure I'd jump the gun on this one either way.

Maybe he was sold on Kentucky a few days ago, but wanted to give Louisville a courtesy attempt to change his mind.

It's as plausible as Louisville finishing off a successful sale's job. We saw Muhammed years ago give UK one last shot to change his mind and he still picked UCLA. UK also had a finish-line talk with Jaylen Brown right before he picked California.

Getting the last word is no sure sign of landing a kid.
Yeah this is very possible. If he goes to UL oh well as we already have 2 commits who can play PG and will have quickley AND Cal will find another one as well I promise you that even if it is a grad transfer . With all that said I bet we might land Askew. Now if some one I actually respect like Sisk says he is going to UL I will change my mind but I am not going to worry about what a Dukie says ( Slater) .

Option A. Askew picks UK
Option B. CC picks UK
Option C. Quickley returns and runs the point
Option D. UK goes all in on Christopher
Option E. UK uses a conglomerate of guys like Clarke next year to facilitate the offense
Option F. a combination of options C through E

All options are still on the table and all options look splendid.

ADVERTISEMENT