ADVERTISEMENT

Devin askew college decision

Bledsoe and askew aren’t in the same stratosphere. It would be more like a brandon knight to a John wall. If not for wall cousins and the rest i don’t think Bledsoe would have been OAD. With that said I don’t see askew and cade on the same team. So if he picks uk I think Cade cuts us from his list
But if I'm Cal I take whoever comes first, let the second one suffer. DO NOT wait for Cade.

Reactions: jace2012
Cal is not playing around. He is going all in on the top players. I think he feels like he has to build a super team and he isn't going to let anybody stop him.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
But if I'm Cal I take whoever comes first, let the second one suffer. DO NOT wait for Cade.

He can’t wait if askew wants to commit now for 2020. My problem is that the 2020 class elites on our roster will be a year of physical development behind. I honestly think to have the kind of team everyone is excited about for next year we need Cade Cunningham. But waiting making askew wait would be a mistake.

Dont make askew wait. Take him now. He gets the ball in his court. You want four years of high school. Np. If u want to come early fine. Younger you are, tougher this is. Im sure is being said. Some kids just built for this... Some want the player 1st mentality. Some dont.

I think i read that you have to play 4 years of HS to be a MDAA..Not sure about Jordan and NHS..I say he will wait till after the peach jam
I think you got that backwards a bit. I believe the issue is you can't be a 5th year senior and be eligible for the McD's AA game. That's what kept John Wall out. Staying for a 5th year used to be a more popular option to give kids an advantage against their class. But more and more kids are reclassifying to up a class instead of back, to get to the NBA faster.

I think you got that backwards a bit. I believe the issue is you can't be a 5th year senior and be eligible for the McD's AA game. That's what kept John Wall out. Staying for a 5th year used to be a more popular option to give kids an advantage against their class. But more and more kids are reclassifying to up a class instead of back, to get to the NBA faster.
I know you cant be a 5th year guy, but i think you need to play 4years HS..not sure,ill see what i can find

McDonald's All Americans. Players must have played at least half of their senior season and should be academically eligible throughout the voting process

Last edited:
Reactions: gossie21
Askew was held back a year in school. He’s already 18. He would just be reclassifying back to his normal class. So he won’t be young for his class.
I don't follow recruiting, it's too demanding of my time, it's borderline creepy the way some adults obsess over "kids". So I'm content to sit on the sidelines and clap for whoever puts on the uniform. I've seen it said here multiple times, that kids reclassifying aren't leaving high school early, they are often just getting back to where they need to be age-wise/grade-wise.

not sure your understanding what I’m saying. He would play a Bledsoe roll off the ball in the two of system with Cade. If he stays in his class he will be like Knight as the one and only pg

Bledsoe and askew aren’t in the same stratosphere. It would be more like a brandon knight to a John wall. If not for wall cousins and the rest i don’t think Bledsoe would have been OAD. With that said I don’t see askew and cade on the same team. So if he picks uk I think Cade cuts us from his list

Just liked at rankings and what each prospect has as far as numbers (best is 1.00). At .9959 he would be ranked at 12 in the composite 2021 class if he reclassified today, one spot above BJ at .9951 and one below Isiah Todd at 9965

ADVERTISEMENT