ADVERTISEMENT

Despite John Calipari's whining, Kentucky has historically easy path to Final Four

If we get to the Final Four, it will be conclusive, irrefutable proof of the validity old axiom, "I'd rather be 'lucky' than 'good'."

Reactions: CalipariCapo
Despite a fairly good article....it still reads like a “left handed report / conciliatory” article...on Coach Cal...

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sport...torically-easy-path-final-four-212510957.html

AlohaCat

You are going to catch hell for not warning your fellow posters before they clicked on this article that it was written by long time John Calipari hater Pat Forde. Forde’s insidious bias towards Cal has been well documented on this messsge board.

Forde has historically seized upon any opportunity to dump on Cal. Often times Forde’s deeply rooted resentment towards Cal results in him publishing premature knee jerk stories which later cause him personal embarrassment. Remember this March 2, 2014 anti Cal story, “You made your bed John Calipari, now lie in it.” In that piece, he spent 1,500 words spewing venom at Cal after a loss to South Carolina. Indeed, Forde’s personal zeal in unloading his Thesaurus assisted anti Cal invective in that missive was so palpable that he must have orgasmed upon its completion. Of course, all Cal did after Forde penned this rant was to lead his team to the final game of the national championship.

Forde’s latest piece disparaging Cal was expected if only because the college basketball season is about to come to an end. Forde was running out of time to craft his annual vituperative epistle about Cal. No doubt he considers himself blessed that he didn’t follow the lead of his “I hate Cal” fraternity brother, Jeff Goodman, who only a month ago, wrote another premature “Cal sucks” story entitled, “Is this John Calipari’s Most Disappointing Season Ever?”

Alas, all that was left for a desperate Forde to pathetically continue his anti Cal narrative was to complain about Cal’s complaining regarding UK’s NCAA seeding. Really Pat? You had to engage Cambridge Analyitica to conjure up all of the possible algorithms associated with Cal’s comments about NCAA seeding? This is worthy of a 2,000 word diatribe? Surely, if there is anyone in need of anger mangemenr therapy it is Pat Forde.

Last edited:
You are going to catch hell for not warning your fellow posters before they clicked on this article that it was written by long time John Calipari hater Pat Forde. Forde’s insidious bias towards Cal has been well documented on this messsge board.

Forde has historically seized upon any opportunity to dump on Cal. Often times Forde’s deeply rooted resentment towards Cal results in him publishing premature knee jerk stories which later cause him personal embarrassment. Remember this March 2, 2014 anti Cal story, “You made your bed John Calipari, now lie in it.” In that piece, he spent 1,500 words spewing venom at Cal after a loss to South Carolina. Indeed, Forde’s personal zeal in unloading his Thesaurus assisted anti Cal invective in that missive was so palpable that he must have orgasmed upon its completion. Of course, all Cal did after Forde penned this rant was to lead his team to the final game for the national championship.

Forde’s latest piece disparaging Cal was expected if only because the college basketball season is about to come to an end. Forde was running out of time to craft his annual vituperative epistle about Cal. No doubt he considers himself blessed that he didn’t follow the lead of his “I hate Cal” fraternity brother, Jeff Goodman, who only a month ago, wrote another premature “Cal sucks” story entitled, “Is this John Calipari’s Most Disappointing Season Ever?”

Alas, all that was left for a desperate Forde to pathetically continue his anti Cal narrative was to complain about Cal’s complaining regarding UK’s NCAA seeding. Really Pat? You had to engage Cambridge Analyitica to conjure up all of the possible algorithms associated with Cal’s comments about NCAA seeding? This is worthy of a 2,000 word diatribe? Surely, if there is anyone in need of anger mangemenr therapy it is Pat Forde.
Word.

Teams getting upset doesn't change the touch draw we got. We just got lucky most of the top teams on our side of the bracket didn't hold of their end.

Reactions: KyJones64
I understand people don’t like whining generally. I understand Cal can be annoying at times. And I understand some just don’t like him, period. But this whole narrative of “ha, you’ve got an easy path, you were a moron to complain about your draw” is asinine. Of course upsets happen, and on Selection Sunday anyone would have admitted, yeah, there’s a chance Kentucky ends up with an easy bracket. Any team might. But of course any idiot knows that’s not how you assess difficulty on the front end. You look at a region, assume the best teams advance and assess difficulty from that perspective. This is obvious, grade school level understanding.

Yes having to beat UCLA & North Carolina last season to get to FF was a cakewalk, and that is more the norm than the luck we got this season

Not sure what people are complaining about. We have a cakewalk to the final four. There’s no denying that. What in the article is wrong?

I think this is wrong:

"Loyola might be the longest shot of all, in terms of seeding (11th), conference affiliation (Missouri Valley) and stature (Kentucky is fourth nationally in average height, per Pomeroy, while the Ramblers are 225th). Then again, they do have the ultimate karmic weapon: Sister Jean, the 98-year-old unofficial assistant coach and team inspiration. John Calipari is a diligent church-going Catholic, but Sister Jean is the church.

Which means, if it comes down to a Kentucky-Loyola regional final, even God might be out to get Cal."

giphy.gif

Folks please stop reading, clicking, and linking haters work. You're putting money in their pocket.

Forde and thamel literally made a career out of UK slander just like this

Reactions: domino79
I don't consider it whining, I consider it bitching. We seem to get a hard draw quite a few times compared to some who always seem to play in their home state the first round ie duke and uncheat.

I think we should have a rule that if anyone links forde or thamel or any UK hater and doesn't give a heads up it should be an automatic 1 week ban

Did you read the part "historically it has been EASY?"
If things had gone like 98% of the basketball world expected then the draw this year would have been more difficult than last year,what is new about that.Sportswriters who write about UK usually start with a bias point of view for some reason.the stories are almost never fair,balanced or objective.Truth or actual facts are also optional.

I don't even bother to wonder if they actually believe the things they write.If they do then they know way too little about sports to be writing anything that anyone should read,if they don't then why write it in the first place.

Sure we got lucky this year,things couldn't have worked out much better than they did.It is up to us to take advantage of the opportunity we have in front of us

I understand people don’t like whining generally. I understand Cal can be annoying at times. And I understand some just don’t like him, period. But this whole narrative of “ha, you’ve got an easy path, you were a moron to complain about your draw” is asinine. Of course upsets happen, and on Selection Sunday anyone would have admitted, yeah, there’s a chance Kentucky ends up with an easy bracket. Any team might. But of course any idiot knows that’s not how you assess difficulty on the front end. You look at a region, assume the best teams advance and assess difficulty from that perspective. This is obvious, grade school level understanding.
Thank you! Cal or nobody else knew the upsets that would happen in advance. On selection Sunday you complain based on who is in your region. Everybody is alive until the games are played. Once the games start, you have to keep the mindset of respecting your opponent or you could be the next upset. Maybe after its all over, we may hear comments from Cal about we got some unexpected easier opponents, but I doubt it. It's not usually his style.

Reactions: Mojocat
I'm not going to defend what that poster said, nor will I defend Forde, but no where in the article does it say that.
I did not click on Forde but the title of the post says "Despite John Calipari's whining, Kentucky has historically easy path to Final Four" Oh I see I misread, my bad

Forde has historically seized upon any opportunity to dump on Cal. Often times Forde’s deeply rooted resentment towards Cal results in him publishing premature knee jerk stories which later cause him personal embarrassment. Remember this March 2, 2014 anti Cal story, “You made your bed John Calipari, now lie in it.” In that piece, he spent 1,500 words spewing venom at Cal after a loss to South Carolina. Indeed, Forde’s personal zeal in unloading his Thesaurus assisted anti Cal invective in that missive was so palpable that he must have orgasmed upon its completion. Of course, all Cal did after Forde penned this rant was to lead his team to the final game of the national championship.

I’d rather eat the crotch out of Oprah’s panties than to read a Pat Forde article.

I mean, I get it. Cal kind of brings this on himself by always complaining about his bracket (usually, it's warranted). But if this was any school other than UK it wouldn't be an issue. If you go back and look at all of our NCAA runs during Cal, the only "low seed" I can think of was playing Cornell in the sweet 16. So we catch 1 break in 10 years and it's the end of the world?

Am I the only one celebrating this? I would high five Forde in his face if I saw him. He wants everyone to know that, despite our pretty loaded region, 1-4 s#it the bed and didn't make it out of the first weekend. For once we are in the region where everyone else crumbles. Usually it's Duke or UNC getting to play some directional school to go to the Elite Eight while we are stuck playing a team who is a 4+ seed but finished the season ranked in the top 10. He is trying to bother our fanbase with the way the chips have fallen. To that I say, "Absolutely, Pat! It's awesome!"

It’s a very easy path to the Final Four, but you still have to take care of business and it’s not our fault we have to beat teams the other big boys couldn’t.

Reactions: UKvisitor

KK

Mahalo Nui Loa (Thank you very much) for letting me know. I not only appreciate your civil approach to setting me straight on Forde, but also with the clarity and excellent writing/analysis you utilized.

Thanks again...

AlohaCat

Reactions: Kampus Korner
Don't understand why cal is always crying about seeding, Kent most the time is number 1 seed both in 2015 and 2010.
You realize Kentucky lost a COMBINED TWO GAMES in those two seasons, right?! We DESERVED to be a 1 seed both years. The commitee's hands were tied. However, they countered with giving us a combination of terrible matchups and stacking the deck. Again, the 1 seed didn't mean dick. They had to give us a 1 both years. What point were you trying to make?! Can't wait to see your reply, that is, if you can come up with one. I'll wait. Bitch. :popcorn:

ADVERTISEMENT