ADVERTISEMENT

Denzil Ware Transferring

giphy.gif

Kaintuck-----according to my Kentucky history class, an old Indian word for "Dark and bloody grounds".

The banjo bowl vs the final four? Cmon man

NO bowl for FIVE years, TWO consecutive TWO win seasons, ANY bowl game is precious for the extra exposure and player development. AND the loss to a top 20 team while losing half our offense wasn't seen as a negative by most recruits. Just the threat of Snell running would have made our passing game a lot better.

NO bowl for FIVE years, TWO consecutive TWO win seasons, ANY bowl game is precious for the extra exposure and player development. AND the loss to a top 20 team while losing half our offense wasn't seen as a negative by most recruits. Just the threat of Snell running would have made our passing game a lot better.

THIS year I expect better, even with the hiccups along the way.

Okay, at the risk of getting burned at the stake.....

We ARE talking about the same guy that used a trashcan against two Louisville guys in a game, aren't we?
Same guy that was suspended for the Music City Bowl? Where the defense actually played well?

I agree with the statement next guy up. We actually may just have a couple.

We need an exorcism for UK Football. This kind of crap doesn't happen to the good football schools or even armpit schools like UL.

1DhO.gif

Reactions: wildcatdonf
A lot of people are saying Boogie could be a replacement, but does he even play the same position as Ware? I was under the impression that he was backing up Allen. Obviously they could move him there, but he'd have to bulk up a little IMO. Ware was already a bit of a tweener, and Boogie looked smaller than him at the last spring game.

A lot of people are saying Boogie could be a replacement, but does he even play the same position as Ware? I was under the impression that he was backing up Allen. Obviously they could move him there, but he'd have to bulk up a little IMO. Ware was already a bit of a tweener, and Boogie looked smaller than him at the last spring game.

Watching a Nova program the other night they said the average person has about three pounds of microorganisms in their body, think Boogie is listed as only 4# below Ware, maybe he just got rid of that non-productive weight? One big meal before the game should take care of the problem-----if there is one.

Boogie/Ware play different positions, of course Boogie could be moved. But this opens the door for Kengera, Jordan Wright and Chris Whittaker. They are the players who'll probably get first shot.

Boogie/Ware play different positions, of course Boogie could be moved. But this opens the door for Kengera, Jordan Wright and Chris Whittaker. They are the players who'll probably get first shot.
As much as the coaches have talked up Boogie being one of the best 11 I gotta believe he plays that spot often

Boogie played Ware’s position last spring when Ware sat. He is familiar and can handle the position. Not saying he is the most ideal replacement. Just saying it is not foreign territory.

Reactions: The-Hack and jauk11
Another loss from the dysfunctional class of 2014. I will really miss Ware lining up in the wrong place and giving up big plays. Look he made some great plays, but like his buddy Badet, for every big play he made, it seemed there were three or four plays where he would line up wrong, get sucked in, or miss a tackle. That plus his trash can antics probably had the coaches letting him know if he didn't perform consistently, he would miss playing time.

For whatever reason, the classes in 2013 and 14 while talented, seemed to be full of a bunch of prima donnas that talked more about what they were going to do than actually doing it on the field and were a bunch of head cases. How many big games did we lose because of guys in this class that dropped a key pass or missed a chance to make a big play.

The first couple of years they were here, the guys in these classes had to play based on athletic ability alone, even if they were making bad plays. Now that the roster is full of guys with athletic ability, making plays matters, and those that consistently drop passes, line up wrong, and miss tackles aren't going to play. I was sad to see Badet go, but seeing him drop big passes (see the Georgia game in 2016) more often than he made big catches was tiring. I'll miss Ware, but seeing him line up wrong, or miss a big tackle more often that he made a big sack was getting tiring as well, and the trash can incident was ridiculous. Was hoping he would improve this year (just like I was hoping for Badet last year) but will look forward to seeing younger guys that are more consistent get a chance. The inconsistent play of guys like Ware is why the defense has been so poor, hopefully the guys coming in behind him, who are just as talented, will be more consistent than he was.

Sad to see him go, but we have guys that are just as good behind him. Don't let the door hit you on your but on the way out.

STOOPS DOESN'T CARE ABOUT OUR FEELINGS
Maybe, maybe not.....

But what do you want him to do with a kid who gets out of position, out of control then out of town?

Did I not read on this board that at last year's Music City Bowl some kids were saying 'goodbye, brother' in remarks about
Ware?
Maybe it should've been more shock he was here in the spring, period.

Another loss from the dysfunctional class of 2014. I will really miss Ware lining up in the wrong place and giving up big plays. Look he made some great plays, but like his buddy Badet, for every big play he made, it seemed there were three or four plays where he would line up wrong, get sucked in, or miss a tackle. That plus his trash can antics probably had the coaches letting him know if he didn't perform consistently, he would miss playing time.

For whatever reason, the classes in 2013 and 14 while talented, seemed to be full of a bunch of prima donnas that talked more about what they were going to do than actually doing it on the field and were a bunch of head cases. How many big games did we lose because of guys in this class that dropped a key pass or missed a chance to make a big play.

The first couple of years they were here, the guys in these classes had to play based on athletic ability alone, even if they were making bad plays. Now that the roster is full of guys with athletic ability, making plays matters, and those that consistently drop passes, line up wrong, and miss tackles aren't going to play. I was sad to see Badet go, but seeing him drop big passes (see the Georgia game in 2016) more often than he made big catches was tiring. I'll miss Ware, but seeing him line up wrong, or miss a big tackle more often that he made a big sack was getting tiring as well, and the trash can incident was ridiculous. Was hoping he would improve this year (just like I was hoping for Badet last year) but will look forward to seeing younger guys that are more consistent get a chance. The inconsistent play of guys like Ware is why the defense has been so poor, hopefully the guys coming in behind him, who are just as talented, will be more consistent than he was.

Sad to see him go, but we have guys that are just as good behind him. Don't let the door hit you on your but on the way out.
I don't think the players respect Stoops. Too many knuckleheads, not enough discipline, too many transfers every year. And it shows on the field of play. I mean statistically we were no better off in Year 5 than we were playing Joker's players and we have much better talent now. People hated on Rick Minter, and rightfully so, but in 2012 we finished #59 in total defense giving up 391 yards per game. In 2017 we ranked #91 and gave up 427 yards per game (playing some abysmal offenses mind you). I mean we had 4 guys turn down the NFL and yet we had games where the other team literally didn't punt the entire game (UL and MSU come to mind). It's maddening.

Last edited:
I don't think the players respect Stoops. Too many knuckleheads, not enough discipline, too many transfers every year. And it shows on the field of play. I mean statistically we were no better off in Year 5 than we were playing Joker's players and we have much better talent now. People hated on Rick Minter, and rightfully so, but in 2012 we finished #59 in total defense giving up 391 yards per game. In 2017 we ranked #91 and gave up 427 yards per game (playing some abysmal offenses mind you). I mean we had 4 guys turn down the NFL and yet we had games where the other team literally didn't punt the entire game (UL and MSU come to mind). It's maddening.
Let's look at the stat that counts. joker's guys 2-10 Stoops guys 7-5

But we have the most tenured coach in the SECE...that counts for a lot.

I don't think the players respect Stoops. Too many knuckleheads, not enough discipline, too many transfers every year. ...

I think there have been some problems but I don't get your 'logic'.

So you're saying the players that respect Stoops stay but then the knuckleheads transfer?!?!?

Or are you saying only the knuckleheads or guys that disrespect him stay but the good kids transfer?!?!?!

Seriously dude, you have me really confused with what you're trying to say.

I think there have been some problems but I don't get your 'logic'.

So you're saying the players that respect Stoops stay but then the knuckleheads transfer?!?!?

Or are you saying only the knuckleheads or guys that disrespect him stay but the good kids transfer?!?!?!

Seriously dude, you have me really confused with what you're trying to say.
Not disciplined on the field especially on D. We have too much talent to suck so bad. We had 4 guys turn down the NFL and we we've been gashed consistently through 5 years.

Then after the year we have a ton of transfers because they don't respect the coaches or the program.

Let's look at the stat that counts. joker's guys 2-10 Stoops guys 7-5
I get that and I'll take it but let's not kid ourselves. The SEC is way down compared to what it was when Joker was here. USCe was winning double digits, Florida was Florida, Missouri was a top 25 program every year and UT wasn't as bad as they are now. All of these teams fell off when Stoops came in. But look at the way that we have struggled with the cupcakes. ULL, EKUx2, EMU, we were down two TD's to Austin Peay who was 0-10 in 1AA, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read somewhere in this thread that Denzil Ware was transferring. [winking]

Peace

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT