ADVERTISEMENT

Dennis Smith Jr., 400K to attend NC State

Oct 15, 2017
https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/05/11/skechers-adidas-lawsuit-impact-college-basketball

"Skechers’s complaint details several alleged recipients of Adidas’s newfound beneficence. One was high school basketball phenom Dennis Smith Jr., who now plays for the Dallas Mavericks. Skechers relies on federal charges filed last month in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York to claim that Adidas directed approximately $400,000 to Smith’s father in order to ensure that Smith (1) enroll at North Carolina State"

I guess nothing to see here, right NCAA?

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/05/11/skechers-adidas-lawsuit-impact-college-basketball

"Skechers’s complaint details several alleged recipients of Adidas’s newfound beneficence. One was high school basketball phenom Dennis Smith Jr., who now plays for the Dallas Mavericks. Skechers relies on federal charges filed last month in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York to claim that Adidas directed approximately $400,000 to Smith’s father in order to ensure that Smith (1) enroll at North Carolina State"

I guess nothing to see here, right NCAA?

If Treetorns and Keds get involved, watch out. Could get real ugly.

@jeffbuckies and @Whoppercat and a few of the other UNC fans who post here and pretend to be UK fans should get together and start a support group. Yall are pathetic and need help.

Also, UNC is the dirtiest program in the land. No one respects them or their weirdo poser fans.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
What a year to be a high school phenom. Now all the cash is gone. I guess you could attend dook for the jewelry or nocar for a car.

Reactions: the stat man
What a year to be a high school phenom. Now all the cash is gone. I guess you could attend dook for the jewelry or nocar for a car.
But you can't get a decent hooker at UL,maybe some bar-b-que at Auburn.Extra cream cheese on a bagel is off the table.At KU you need a menu to know what you can get away with,I think there are 10 things to pick from and you choose 3(4 if you are a 5*)

Mark Gottfried SMH. Well I guess this explains how he was getting high end recruits to go to Bama.

Now think about all the penalties UK got in 1989 for allegedly paying a couple recruits a couple thousand dollars.

Post season bans, scholarship reductions, a one year TV ban...
Yeah that was back before "everybody" was doing it. Or so everybody doing it now is the excuse that ncst,zona, ul, wku or anyother shady programs like to us

Hopefully we don't get in trouble for NCState paying Bam
The money went to a handler to steer Bam and it is t work. It’s why the report referred to it as a “bad loan.” Bam and his family had nothing to do with it. If you look at the timeline you’ll notice that Bam dropped that handler right before committing to Kentucky, undoubtedly because that’s what Cal told him he had to do.

ADVERTISEMENT