ADVERTISEMENT

Deng Adel returning to UL

latest

He was guaranteed to be a lottery pick, but out of respect to Pitino he has returned. Considered to be a top 5 pick by Card fans. With Langford in the fold "super silent verbal" they'll be unbeatable in the foreseeable future.

#L1C4

The 2018-19 year could be tricky for them if they do not get a good recruiting/transfer haul.

They could lose Adel, King, Anas, and King all in one offseason.

.. and it's Cal who's the slimy one. I'm having a tough time finding a coach I would trust with my kid at this point. Roy, K, Pitino, Calhoun, Ollie, Romar, Crean, Self, Anderson.. the list goes on.

Reactions: floatingyou
This was expected. I was surprised he waited this long to announce. Their frontline sucks. They won't make it out of the first weekend again. That's if they're not banned from the tourney again. Rebounding and scoring in the paint will be a huge issue for them all season long. They should be very good at the 1-3 positions. I see them ranked in the 12-15 range.

They were way over rated last season and lose Mithchell, Mathiang and Johnson without much help coming in. Pitino has really made his pre conference schedule super easy as usual. They will be a 10 loss team for sure next season.

The ACC and college basketball are down next year, so returning guys like Snider and Adel is big. King should be ready, Spalding is solid, and Mahmoud has developed into a serviceable starter.

With a good coach and time to grow against cupcakes to start the year, they'll hover around the top 10-15. I don't think they're a Final Four threat or anything, but they won't be awful. Lack of depth and talent, but a solid starting five.

He got his feedback and knows that next year's draft class is weaker. Smart decision even if the dirty birds get more probation. Plus he still has Katina's contact info for when he gets "board".

Snider is a solid, experienced PG. Nothing special, but good enough.
Adel can be a good wing player but he is inconsistent.
King showed flashes of his potential but was horrible on defense. If he can improve his defense he could be good too.
Spalding has no motor and looks like he doesn't care most of the time. I think the ship has sailed on him.
Anas is what he is. He's serviceable.
The bench will be young and inexperienced. I don't see them getting a lot from it.
Overall I think they will be pretty much the same team as last year but with less depth and less talent in the front court (not sure how that is even possible). Probably in the 10-15 range rankings wise.

I don't believe he was even invited to the combine. It was wishful thinking on his part that he might even be seriously considered for the draft.

I think Deng is a very good player. I think he can find his way into a role player in the NBA, and he helps UL with wins next year.
So, I won't be heartbroken if they struggle in the ACC next year. But their punishment should be handed out for immediate impact this coming season.

Reactions: Tannerdad
Once he leaves UL, he'll have to pay for his own prostitutes then. He figures why pay for them, when I can get them free at slime bucket U.

Well at least he is smart enough to not stay in draft...i wish some of our guys through the years would have been that smart

They couldn't win outside the yum last year. If King doesn't have a breakout season they could be in for rough sledding.

Hello from the L1C4 side
Rick called Katina 1000 times
To tell her he's sorry but he got them clean white bitches
And he don't need her hoes anymore

ADVERTISEMENT