ADVERTISEMENT

Day 1 of NCAA COI vs UNC lasts 10 hours

Any news on the moon pie and cold coler's consumed?
160311_FT_cyberwar-nuclear-war.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

UNC officials and their legal representatives left the hearing on Wednesday without comment, and they left without offering clues as to how the proceedings went.

Pretty telling, imo. If the COI had given the slightest impression they weren't pissed, the UNC brass would already be leaking that. They've used Carter as an outlet for years.

The infractions committee has the authority to reject parts of the enforcement staff’s case, or even add new charges.

Sankey's Twitter feed for months has been mostly touting how much the NCAA cares about academics. No way in heel he doesn't crucify these clowns. Wouldn't be shocked to see more charges added or show causes given.

My theory: After the second day tomorrow UNC-CHeats legal team will do one of two things: if they think they are well positioned to skate with a wrist slap they'll do nothing and say little. If it is clear they are going to get crushed they'll make an aggressive play: come up with another delay, threaten to file a preemptive suit, or possibly finally impose a self- punishment of a one- year post season ban.

Any thing less than the Death Penalty is a cop out............They deserve to be shut down in all of the athletics.
Huck Hound needs a show cause for 20 years...Give him plenty of time to write a book called "How I got away with it for 20+ years...
Same with the Bird Brains to the west.........

GBB

Look for a news dump end of day Friday. The NCAA has no motivation or desire to do what needs to be done.

My theory: After the second day tomorrow UNC-CHeats legal team will do one of two things: if they think they are well positioned to skate with a wrist slap they'll do nothing and say little. If it is clear they are going to get crushed they'll make an aggressive play: come up with another delay, threaten to file a preemptive suit, or possibly finally impose a self- punishment of a one- year post season ban.

That will never happen because according to UNC they haven't done anything wrong. I don't like U of L but have to give it to them they initially imposed the ban. However, after the NCAA took the banner down they are now saying we did it but it wasn't that bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: drgeorgeadams
Is it just me, or did huckleberry miss his chance to break out the light blue tweed blazer, Matlock style?

Either way will be funny to me. UNC gets what they deserve and gets hammered, or they get a slap on the wrist and UL fans have a complete meltdown. Either way will make me chuckle.

Reactions: TM2013
I'm surprised that so many people think the NCAA scheduled a 2-day hearing and expended as many resources as they have, only to give UNC a slap on the wrist. These are probably the same people that thought UofL would get a slap on the wrist. I just don't see it. The NCAA has been in attack mode on this UNC scandal ever since Sankey took over.

I'm surprised that so many people think the NCAA scheduled a 2-day hearing and expended as many resources as they have, only to give UNC a slap on the wrist. These are probably the same people that thought UofL would get a slap on the wrist. I just don't see it. The NCAA has been in attack mode on this UNC scandal ever since Sankey took over.

Careful or Jay Bilas will tell you that Sankey should step aside because of a conflict of interest and that he is on a witch hunt of UNC.

Careful or Jay Bilas will tell you that Sankey should step aside because of a conflict of interest and that he is on a witch hunt of UNC.
Jay Bilas is a smart man, but as an attorney he realizes that reasonable minds can differ. I see clear academic fraud and rules established to prevent such. He classifies this as "easy classes" and the NCAA has no jurisdiction over course rigidity.

He can have his opinion, the NCAA gets the final say.

Reactions: Aike
Jay Bilas is a smart man, but as an attorney he realizes that reasonable minds can differ. I see clear academic fraud and rules established to prevent such. He classifies this as "easy classes" and the NCAA has no jurisdiction over course rigidity.

He can have his opinion, the NCAA gets the final say.

Like most good attorneys, his public opinion is a function of who is signing his checks.

The one who should most be concerned with Conflict of Interest is Jay Bilas himself.
Jay has been on his anti-NCAA crusade for so long it's almost an involuntary response at this point. But I suppose you are referring more directly to his employment by John Skipper, and his presentations at UNC with his law firm Moore and Van Allen.

I hope to heck they get blasted and lose two titles !! UNCheat will never admit they did anything wrong, even if that happens ! . I just hope its not one of those deals were they look to let the cheating sob's try to save face as they say and hand out some soft punishment. Either way it will be a third page news for ESPN, and you will see more about it on messages boards than ESPN news !!

Reactions: TM2013
Jay has been on his anti-NCAA crusade for so long it's almost an involuntary response at this point. But I suppose you are referring more directly to his employment by John Skipper, and his presentations at UNC with his law firm Moore and Van Allen.

Not just Skipper. Jay is getting paid to do "speeches" by UNC's PR firm. Aka they are funneling him money

Reactions: jarms24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT