ADVERTISEMENT

David Bouvier all over the UK Camp videos...

Mar 19, 2006
Was looking through the videos posted by the UK football marketing group and no wonder Bouvier was named MVP of fall camp a few days back. These are some great catches!

It will be nice to have a reliable 3rd down converter to go over the middle!

Was looking through the videos posted by the UK football marketing group and no wonder Bouvier was named MVP of fall camp a few days back. These are some great catches!

It will be nice to have a reliable 3rd down converter to go over the middle!

Interesting to see over the years so many walk on receivers that have better hands than so many 3, 4 and 5 star receivers. Is it mostly a heart thing?

I don't know much about him but I hope he turns into our version of Julian Edelman.

Interesting to see over the years so many walk on receivers that have better hands than so many 3, 4 and 5 star receivers. Is it mostly a heart thing?

A lot of cases are they don't have the measurables. Players that don't fit in that typically get overlooked. With so many kids for these services to rate a lot of kids get overlooked. Also, if you don't do the camp circuit your not going to get much attention

Yeah, Charles Walker was so solid and my favorite player on last years team. Walk-ons who end up earning playing time as jrs/srs are always among my favorites.
They are just straight up football players.

I thought the same thing about Charles, similar background. That was a nice, contested pass, but that could get a player killed crossing like that.

I love this kid. Just goes to show you if you have heart and desire you can be good at anything you want to be good at. Determination goes a long way. He’s making some great plays, I’m ready to see him break wide open this year when our other guys are covered.

I love this kid. Just goes to show you if you have heart and desire you can be good at anything you want to be good at. Determination goes a long way. He’s making some great plays, I’m ready to see him break wide open this year when our other guys are covered.
Takes speed and god given talent to. I'm about same size as Bouvier and can have all the heart I won't you put me on that field I'm getting murdered lol

Not heart just talent. Catching the ball is a talent like running a 4.3 forty is a talent. The difference being running a 4.3 will earn you a 4 star rating but simply catching the ball doesn't get you anything from the gurus. Everyone wants speed the problem is not all fast guys can catch.

As someone who has seen David Bouvier play since middle school this is great to see him recognized for what he can do - and he always could do it.

Bouvier holds the record for single season and career pass receptions at Lexington Catholic High School. He catches everything he gets his hands on.

He is also a super punt returner. I have been very surprised that he has not been used in this position. As impressive as the videos as a receiver are here I think he would shine at punt return.

Reactions: ukalum1988
Probably more of a “not 6’ thing” which leads to light recruitment. Can’t really speak for the other guys really.

Not heart just talent. Catching the ball is a talent like running a 4.3 forty is a talent. The difference being running a 4.3 will earn you a 4 star rating but simply catching the ball doesn't get you anything from the gurus. Everyone wants speed the problem is not all fast guys can catch.
One factor - and maybe this is what you’re saying - is we love measurables, and there’s no way to measure hands. We have measurements for size, speed, jumping ability, strength, etc. There’s not really a metric that says great hands vs good vs average vs poor.....

Reactions: megablue
Patriots have done well with this type of player for years

This. UK needs to find a way to take advantage of him like the Patriots would. In fact, our receiver corp is a bit indicative of the traditional New England type WR corp. We don't really have any big names or stars. We have a couple of guys who seem like they can be pretty great slot guys and we have a stud tight end. We have to exploit linebacker matchups with these guys and just make relatively simple throws to the TE and the slot guys and we can have a pretty solid passing game. Occasionally go deep to Baker, who has proven to have excellent ball skills in the past and we could have a solid corp.

If we begin the game with 4 or 5 WRs there is a chance. He's not going to start in front of Baker, Bowden, Richardson.

Ehh, with receivers, it really doesn't matter who 'starts.' If I had to guess, much of the time we will be starting games running the ball and in some bigger packages with fewer WRs. So, someone like Bowden might not even technically get the start.

Ehh, with receivers, it really doesn't matter who 'starts.' If I had to guess, much of the time we will be starting games running the ball and in some bigger packages with fewer WRs. So, someone like Bowden might not even technically get the start.

Perhaps you should have quoted the post I did.

Perhaps you should have quoted the post I did.

It was kind of to both I guess. I think there are some instances in which he could technically be into the game as a WR before Bowden. Just depends on what the coaches are looking to do. I would agree with you that it is most likely that he is in during 4 or 5 WR sets, but he could conceivably be in before Bowden in some 3 wide sets. Maybe they want him for blocking that Bowden doesn't provide or they could be crazy and have Bowden start as the wildcat type QB. Overall, kind of like you were saying, it is a bit of a silly question simply because it is a position in which starting doesn't matter and what you should really consider is who is getting the highest percentage of snaps.

Tell that to Baker Mayfield.
You really believe that comparison? Look I wish him super success - hope he catches 50 balls-but it doesn't reflect well on our multiple scholarship WRs if a 5 9 walkon sr who hasn't played much is our best/MVP wr. Not dogging him. Do hope he is a big contributor. Just figured he would be a small piece of the wr core.

You really believe that comparison? Look I wish him super success - hope he catches 50 balls-but it doesn't reflect well on our multiple scholarship WRs if a 5 9 walkon sr who hasn't played much is our best/MVP wr. Not dogging him. Do hope he is a big contributor. Just figured he would be a small piece of the wr core.
I wasn't making the comparison only pointing out that the original statement, made in absolute terms, is inherently false.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT