ADVERTISEMENT

Darius Miller

I find it difficult to root for any team, any sport at any level if they're wearing red.

You damn dirty liberals need to stop making everything so political and get over your hate of the color red!

Wildcat Darius Miller wins third straight German League Title

Darius-Miller-Pelicans_thumbnail.jpg

http://www.wkyt.com/content/sports/...d-straight-German-League-Title-427840823.html

Darius was very undervalued. He had a wonderful feel for the game and had the size/strength to guard any position at the college level. He wasn't an alpha and was criticized routinely for it. I think people underestimate how important it is to have legit skill players who accept a role.

Darius was very undervalued. He had a wonderful feel for the game and had the size/strength to guard any position at the college level. He wasn't an alpha and was criticized routinely for it. I think people underestimate how important it is to have legit skill players who accept a role.

Very true but it's also easy to underestimate how hard it is to get his talent level to except that role for 4 years.

Reactions: Blueaz
but when we we're cold he usually got us back on track. in that regard he was very alpha. he did it all through the sec and against ul on the big stage in the final four.

Reactions: kyboy1998
I'm sure his dream is to be in the NBA, but i bet Barcelona will pay him much better to stay over there.

90% of NBA teams are so obsessed with finding the next MJ, Lebron and turn over their rosters like UL turns tricks. So they're never competitive.

Winners like DM would have been a 10+ year vet in the 80's 90's in the NBA, now he can't get more than league minimum and gets dumped the minute the next draft rolls around.

Miller helped Kentucky with winning a national championship during his career at Kentucky. How many former players that grew up dreaming about doing just that got the chance and came up big on our title run? I'm thinking probably not that many. Dude could play ball! Some just couldn't understand why Miller didn't want to do more instead of allowing others to get the job done. Some dudes are just built that way. I think a lot of it had to do with the perception of Cal only wanting his elite guys to be the man. Obviously, you want your best doing the most on the floor. If Miller came to Kentucky during another coach that couldn't recruit like Cal and Kentucky's roster wasn't as loaded with NBA talent, Miller probably accepts a bigger role and the job of being one of the leaders on our roster. With Cal being a beast at recruiting, Miller probably thought no matter how talented he was, Cal could bring in even better talent.

Miller helped Kentucky with winning a national championship during his career at Kentucky. How many former players that grew up dreaming about doing just that got the chance and came up big on our title run? I'm thinking probably not that many. Dude could play ball! Some just couldn't understand why Miller didn't want to do more instead of allowing others to get the job done. Some dudes are just built that way. I think a lot of it had to do with the perception of Cal only wanting his elite guys to be the man. Obviously, you want your best doing the most on the floor. If Miller came to Kentucky during another coach that couldn't recruit like Cal and Kentucky's roster wasn't as loaded with NBA talent, Miller probably accepts a bigger role and the job of being one of the leaders on our roster. With Cal being a beast at recruiting, Miller probably thought no matter how talented he was, Cal could bring in even better talent.

Cal practically begged Miller for more his entire time here. As much as I like Darius and his story, he earned the nickname Disappearius himself.

ADVERTISEMENT