ADVERTISEMENT

Dane Key

Pretty noticable improvement in our offense when we finally stopped forcing so many touches to another guy and just started running offense. Forcing touches last year also routinely disrupted the offense. Looks like we're finally hopefully done with that.

Key, maclin, and farrier are our 3 best wr and it isnt even close. I give key the edge just because hes bigger which gives him the edge on contested catches.

He seems to be getting stronger, as you would expect, but he really looks the part to go along with the talent now.

Reactions: JASUN74
Seems like a nice young guy who is totally team oriented. Glad to see him show out. Hope he keeps it going

Will be interesting to see how Dane produces in pure SEC games.....

1. His hands are tremendous...so he's sort of a vacuum cleaner out there when the ball is in his vicinity....so hitting a zone and finding him...he's going to be money.
2. I'd love to see UK throw him way more slants....which are harder balls to catch in traffic but quick to get the ball out vs. pass rush. He's so big and hands....I wonder if we aren't using him to the best of his skill set. Seems like he's more of a 10 yard dig routes, crossing routes....but not so much slants.
3. He can high point 50/50 balls....but Dane isn't a burner. I would like to see Brock give Dane more of those passes that are covered essentiallly but vs taking a sack....give Dane a 50/50 ball.

In the end, Dane is a very good WR for college.....I'm all for riding him (even if it means not so many TE targets that many lament about)

Reactions: EliteBlue
Key is blowing up this season, think he will be gone to the League after this year. I know some are down on Brown but they still need to keep trying to get him the ball because if he gets loose in the secondary he can take it to the house, and in this game they are probably going to need a house call or two.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Key is blowing up this season, think he will be gone to the League after this year. I know some are down on Brown but they still need to keep trying to get him the ball because if he gets loose in the secondary he can take it to the house, and in this game they are probably going to need a house call or two.

Im not down on him. Just everyone else was much too high on him as a wr. Last two years our offense suffered greatly every time we pressed to force him touches. Even last year, our offense looked way better when leary was allowed to read the defense and distribute the ball..

This year forcing him the ball cost us massive momentum in the sc game. Since that game, you can tell stoops finally ditched the touch sheet and our offense looked way better. Lets hope he doesn't go back to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT