ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Dakich defends UK in tweet

Dakich is a really good basketball mind and great analyst on the call.

What UK fans don’t like about him and where they lose sight is his ability to troll the shit out of the lowest common denominator of the fan base on Twitter.

Dude has never bothered me. I know his schtick. Praises the good, calls out the bad.

What UK fans don’t like about him and where they lose sight is his ability to troll the shit out of the lowest common denominator of the fan base on Twitter.

Dude has never bothered me. I know his schtick. Praises the good, calls out the bad.
Change your name to “not the lowest common denominator.”

Reactions: floatingyou
We don't like Dakich, cause he played for Knight and Indiana. Dude knows his basketball though, he is right, how is Cal being unprofessional, when the Jeffries, Hardaway and Memphis was being complete sleazebags the whole time, but it is Memphis, so no one should really be surprised. Also part of the same reason why Shaq left Penny, hanging to dry on his own in Orlando, that was on Penny as well, because Penny does Penny..

Reactions: bigbluegrog
Wait til he says something about how he doesn’t like a thing the team is doing or calls someone out. Some Billy Joe Wildcat on here will lose his mind and start a thread with 5 or 6 exclamation points calling Dakich a hater.

Lol, yeah. I would rather listen to Dakich call one of our games over anyone, outside of maybe Farnham. And he’s the designated SEC homer.

And maybe Dakich actually hates us. Wouldn’t be surprising, considering his background. But he’s smart enough to give us a fair shake and base his statements on facts, rather than the pure troll job of most of today’s talking heads.

I think some of those guys have not so hidden agendas - protecting K’s legacy, for instance - and it makes them unbearable at times. Dakich’s agenda, at least of late, seems to be to get the biggest fan base in colllege basketball to like him. I’m biased, but I think it’s a smart move.

While back on the radio with Seth g. He was commenting on how much Kevin Knox improved under Cal. And he commented with some example.

He has said a lot of interesting things. I think he's doing solid .

Reactions: Sawnee Cat and Aike
I think Dan as a former coach is sickened with the way players are being used by parents. They see that it's all about ME instead of the team these days.

The first time I heard he was calling one of our games I was upset. Then I listened to him and he completely blew my mind. Very knowledgeable on the game and really called things like he saw them (usually, he's correct). He trolls the hell out of people on twitter but outside of his twitter persona, he's a great ambassador of the game.
The one big negative? His overwhelming love for Bobby Knight and his tactics. Other than that, he's a great announcer and great basketball mind.

Reactions: Gothic1960
Dakich is a troll. That's why people don't like him. He spends most of his time making statements to rile up various fans.

Occasionally making sane statements to suck up to those same fans isn't going to make us forget we hate him.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I've always been fine with Dakich. He'll throw out the occasional troll comment but trolls don't really get me riled up. On the whole, I think he's a good basketball mind and does well calling games.

I only get exposed to the TV version of Dan Dakich and not the radio version. I like him because he seems to be the only one on TV that is not a clown and knows his stuff.

We don't like Dakich, cause he played for Knight and Indiana. Dude knows his basketball though, he is right, how is Cal being unprofessional, when the Jeffries, Hardaway and Memphis was being complete sleazebags the whole time, but it is Memphis, so no one should really be surprised. Also part of the same reason why Shaq left Penny, hanging to dry on his own in Orlando, that was on Penny as well, because Penny does Penny..
Shaq left Orlando because Jerry West was willing to pay him $100+ million and the Devos family wasn’t. Had zero to do with Penny.

I love the BBN, but damn, trolling the BBN is so damn easy. Denim Vest proves that every time he posts on here.

Last edited:
Recruits decommit from schools all the time so I don’t understand why this particular case is getting so much publicity..Jeffries is on the news with his family speaking about decommitting? Ridiculous..

No one should care that much about an 18 year old backing out of commitment.. happens all the time, but I guess that is a downfall of the Kentucky effect as ESPN and other outlets want to spin this one incident that happens everywhere as a negative towards Kentucky and Cal

I think the news should focus on the fact, Penny was talking to Jeffries. I'm pretty sure that's not allowed, since he was committed. Unless there is some loophole, because their prior relationship. Anyone here who can explain how that works?

I think the news should focus on the fact, Penny was talking to Jeffries. I'm pretty sure that's not allowed, since he was committed. Unless there is some loophole, because their prior relationship. Anyone here who can explain how that works?
Being committed does not stop another coach from talking to the player. This stuff literally happens everyday in college football. It just kind of an ethical thing amongst coaches, but obviously some coaches don't follow it.

It was only a verbal commitment. Once he signed it would have been against the rules.

Reactions: Snackbar1130

It’s allowed, just considered poor taste.

Dakich's job is to attract eyeballs. That is how you move up the totem pole in the media. We have more eyeballs than anyone else in college hoops. He does not strike me as being stupid.

I'm fine with Dakich. He can be and has been an absolute ass on Twitter at times, but he's simply trolling. The guy knows the game and he's not afraid to call things out. On top of that, he can be great calling games. Give me him over Dicky V 100 out of 100 times.

Reactions: Newcattitudes
Penny appears to have no ethics, and he won’t Last long. He used Kentucky to grab the top spot at Memphis, appears he leveraged his relationship with Jeffries to have him decommit. Penny won’t last long if he keeps playing that game. He made a name for himself now, I assume he starts changing his mentality.

If he wins, no one will care. But now he has to perform. I hope he understands that. I can’t rate him as a coach because aau isn’t really that great as far evaluating coaching. Does me make smile watching old clips of Sexton talking trash to him. Maybe he knew something we didn’t at the time.

At the end, I’m not really upset, give zero ****s about his decommitment and we had far better talent not really play and transfer. Wish him the best, but in all honesty he’s not a maxey or Whitney type talent. If he felt he was being ignored, god bless. Obviously penny must be a loving second father and in no way put that in his head lol. He was committed, so I find the whole he was being ignored a little to hard to believe. That was put in his head. Penny took advantage of the situation sold him on being a star at Memphis at day 1 rather than fighting it out at UK for playing time. That in my mind disqualifies him for being an elite level talent. Reason SGA was a lottery pick, the dude worked hard and earned his time. Champion mindset, clearly Jeffries was timid at the fact he would be riding the bench as opposed to just playing .

I know the guy isn't popular among many UK fans, but he's one of the first non UK reporters to actually call the Jeffries situation as it is.

The loud mouth Dad, alleges UK coaches "acted unprofessional" when his son decommitted without mentioning even one example of how they acted unprofessional. Then, the wannabe "LaVar Ball" father proclaims he and his family are taking the "high road" in a controversy he created and in which he is the only one speaking negatively about anyone. I feel sorry for his son.

I enjoy Dakich. Don't always agree with him but he isn't afraid to speak his mind and he'll praise or criticize anyone. That is a good announcer. He doesn't care about rankings, access to programs, he just calls the game and tells you what he's seeing.

What's very interesting dynamic at IU right now is they also have 2 former Cal assistants on staff (Schilling and Bruiser Flint) and Archie Miller is a longtime friend of Cal's dating back to Pittsburgh.

This. Pin it at the top of the board.

I

I love the BBN, but damn, trolling the BBN is so damn easy. Denim Vest proves that every time he posts on here.

Denim Vest is a troll. I find it funny that he’s got a following on here. I never thought there would be a time when a rival fan could come troll our message board, and some of our own fans would enjoy it. Shit clutters up the board with nonsense, but to each his own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT