ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich is obsessed with us

Don't turn your back on Dakich. He has always said whatever it takes to advance himself. He has absolutely no love for UK or the UK fans. He is definitely not to be trusted.

I would’ve loved to hear him finish his original thought as to who he would compare Pitino to in that instance. He hit the brakes pretty hard.

Reactions: brianpoe
51K5qO-HLzL.jpg

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
Don't turn your back on Dakich. He has always said whatever it takes to advance himself. He has absolutely no love for UK or the UK fans. He is definitely not to be trusted.

This ^^^^^ a billion times over. PLEASE don’t fall into the trap of trusting him. He’s the phoniest sports announcer in the media.

I'll say this for Dakich. What he said tonight about Cal was maybe the truest and most honest thing I've heard a TV guy say.

He said he didn't know Cal. Had an opinion of him and after spending time around him, he really sees him differently and that was in a positive light. That' he's just a normal, good guy that truly cares about his team and his players. That he just wants people to be honest about his program.

Kudos to Dakich for saying that on Live TV.

I think it’s fake so he can smash us later. Screw that guy

I think he’s been pandering to our fan base after the beating he took from riling the BBN.
He does not seem sincere.

What Dan said about Cal and Pitino covers ANY SIN he has ever or will ever commit for all eternity.
And all the people said: "Amen!"

He's totally pandering to us. He was afraid he would go missing and never return from the Bahamas if he stuck with his usual schtick.

The guy is a total loser, a media whore, with zero scruples to limit how far he'll go to make himself look good. By March, he'll be whining about Cal and his one-n-done being dirty and killing college ball ..... assuming he can get the General's family jewels off his chin long enough for us to understand a word he is saying.

He was doing a SEC broadcast in August. Teams involved Us and a Serb team. He probably figured that no one from Serbia was watching their team....so you do what every analyst on every team does. You fill the dead air with saying nice things about the teams or team in this case. Dont overthink it.

What Dan said about Cal and Pitino covers ANY SIN he has ever or will ever commit for all eternity.
And all the people said: "Amen!"

I can’t believe this didn’t get more play. He basically said Pitino was an a-hole and Cal was the complete opposite.

Reactions: uky8unc5
Actually Dakich is by far on ofthe BEST in game announcers on TV rightt now.

Knows the game.
Doesn't sugar coat anything.
Isn't a homer, even with Indiana (his son's games at UM were a bit of an exception)
Calls out the referees on every missed call.
He hates softness and likes attitude.
He bashes the NCAA.
Was never a fan of Pitino.
He does respect Cal and the Cats.
His call out to UK football fans was unexpected - "Kentucky used to be terrible in football and Indiana was terrible in football, IU would get 12,000 fans per game but UK would still have 58k...

It's his drunken tirades on twitter that pisses everyone off. Hell he even tries to fight college kids on there.

Some will be offended by this opinion but Dan is probably the closest thing to Cawood in his unabashed remarks regarding poor play and bad calls.

Dan said it best himself yesterday... "I'm the guy you want to punch in the face, but I'm also the guy you want to have a beer with"

Reactions: GG24 and uky8unc5
I can’t believe this didn’t get more play. He basically said Pitino was an a-hole and Cal was the complete opposite.
I loved how Dan described Cal's heart for the fans and program.
But Pitino? As always, it's all about Rick. All the time.
We rented him for 8 years, and then he crapped on us. As he does everyone.

Reactions: brianpoe
This ^^^^^ a billion times over. PLEASE don’t fall into the trap of trusting him. He’s the phoniest sports announcer in the media.
I think he has an ax to grind with Bob Knight and he knows nothing gets in Knight's crawl like one of his former players
talking up UK and Cal in a positive light.

I think Dan is a great announcer honestly, and that’s all I care about. He does his job well and is entertaining and makes the game more enjoyable to watch. I don’t pay attention to anything outside of that. Kinda like how I enjoy Tom Cruise movies.

ADVERTISEMENT