ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Morning legionnaires!

As stated above, not going anywhere today, rained yesterday and supposed to rain the rest of this week. If we catch a break I will get out for a few hours of fishing. Will have to look at the radar and see if if gives me a good 2 to 3 hours window. Have not been to the local lake just down the road so, it is time to give it a try again. Temperature will be up to 80° today which is warmer than it has been but, back into the 70's for the foreseeable future. Loving it this cool in May. High 80's to low 90's is the norm here for May.

Wife installed a Firestick this weekend and we are going to give it a shot to see if it is any good. Anybody else have Firestick? Going to get rid of Sling and a couple of other cheap ones we have because together they get almost as high as Dish and DirectTV trying to get some of the channels I want.
We have 2 Roku's, and we love them. Don't know much about the Firestick, but I've heard if you "jailbreak" it, you can get almost anything there is.

I've seen some cicada carcasses around but yesterday while walking the dog I saw thousands littering the roads and sidewalks. It'll just get worse too. I read where there can be up to 1 1/2 million of these critters per acre. We'll really have to watch our dog closely too. From the Courier-Journal yesterday:

"Is it OK for my dog to eat cicadas? He loves them. This answer comes from personal experience. During the last emergence event we ended up with a very expensive vet visit that involved our retriever experiencing a bout of pancreatitis and an even more expensive surgery to remove a nerf football-sized mass of undigested cicada carcasses."
Maybe they could meld those numbers with the above numbers for the NBA and try to make themselves look a little better to the public. Go from 1 1/2 million viewers to 3 million.

And that right there is how every democracy before ours, died. Once the people realize they can just vote themselves money rather than work for it, it's over.
1290626795568.gif

So... one of my grandsons is graduating on Thursday.........he wants Chinese buffet for lunch.....any recommendations for a good Chinese buffet in Lexington

Sorry, I quoted BBUK instead of you. The one out on Newtown Pike, where the New Orleans House was years ago. The Chinese place has been there ever since.

That's just nasty... Looks like a live gizzard...
Guess what I am having for supper with a big pan of milk gravy and biscuits? The gizzards are dead though. I don't eat them alive. But I will eat oysters alive.

I get all of them because my wife is like you and will not eat gizzards. She will settle for liver wrapped in bacon and I will steal a couple off of her plate. And so it goes. Pass the gizzards

fried%20chicken%206%20pn.jpg

Last edited:
I was just talking to my wife about it. I reminded her how it seems like every game we play there is that one guy on the other team that just gives us fits and I say "why can't we have a guy like that"? Wheeler is that guy. He can blow by the big guys and knows how to use his body and the rim to protect his shots down low.

He'll be playing alongside more talent than he ever has. I think it will allow him to shine brighter than ever.

Wheeler will provide UK with an SEC proven point guard.

I heard his interview. Fine young man. One thing for sure, this will be Cal's shortest team. 6'9" being the tallest. Not necessarily a bad thing given the way college basketball is evolving. Also, it will be one of his most seasoned team. A lot of Division 1 experience. I'm guessing that Keion comes back and Davion and Isaiah leave. That'll be next year's team. 11 scholarship players. I still hate the transfer portal but I'll give Cal credit, he used every option he had and has put together what seems to be a high quality team. Only time will tell.

I heard his interview. Fine young man. One thing for sure, this will be Cal's shortest team. 6'9" being the tallest. Not necessarily a bad thing given the way college basketball is evolving. Also, it will be one of his most seasoned team. A lot of Division 1 experience. I'm guessing that Keion comes back and Davion and Isaiah leave. That'll be next year's team. 11 scholarship players. I still hate the transfer portal but I'll give Cal credit, he used every option he had and has put together what seems to be a high quality team. Only time will tell.
I'm not big on the transfer portal either. At the same time, UK will have a roster of proven, experienced players for the first time in a while. Hopefully it means this team finds it's stride early on and we won't have to wait until March like most years for good basketball. If that happens, I might come around on the idea of the transfer portal.

And the hits for our "president" keep on coming. How much for a cup of coffee?

Guess what I am having for supper with a big pan of milk gravy and biscuits? The gizzards are dead though. I don't eat them alive. But I will eat oysters alive.

I get all of them because my wife is like you and will not eat gizzards. She will settle for liver wrapped in bacon and I will steal a couple off of her plate. And so it goes. Pass the gizzards

fried%20chicken%206%20pn.jpg

Now I know what a breaded molting cicada looks like...with gravy...(Sorry Sir, I had to do it knowing you most likely are already digesting well.)

Had a doctors office call me today to reschedule an appointment. Now I have an appointment at 0730 in downtown Louisville. It's not until June 4th, so at least I don't have to go there twice in the same month. I'm going to tell dude when I see him that "hey man, you're a doctor, you don't have to be up this early".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT