ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Has anyone ever gotten a call and when you look at caller ID....it's your own number? Happened to us.
My brother was telling me yesterday of a YouTube video (there's more than one) of a guy who keeps the scammers on the line by impersonating that he's an old lady...while they're hot to trot to get her/him to Target or CVS to buy gift cards to return to them money that they 'erroneously' put in her/his account.
While that's all going on....somehow he is able to get into their computer and deletes all their files...including the gift card data. Kind of long videos but funny.

Here's one I watched last night. Not sure if this one has where he hacks into the hackers or not....
I have gotten a call from my own number telling me my SS number had been stolen.

Monday I got a call from a local area code and it was a guy from India trying to give me extra SS benefits. I told him I don't get SS. He got pissed off and hung up. To piss them off I try to call back and it usually is just a busy signal. But someone answers the phone and says hi Bert I have not talked to you in a while.

Shocked, I asked who it was and he said it is Dean: don't you know who you just called? Dean was my first college roommate. They scrapped up his number. But anyway Dean and I caught up on our families.

We average five or six scam calls a day.

I liked that little dress she wore and those puppies trying to get out! o_O

Ahhhhhh. The days of such treasures

iu

I have gotten a call from my own number telling me my SS number had been stolen.

Monday I got a call from a local area code and it was a guy from India trying to give me extra SS benefits. I told him I don't get SS. He got pissed off and hung up. To piss them off I try to call back and it usually is just a busy signal. But someone answers the phone and says hi Bert I have not talked to you in a while.

Shocked, I asked who it was and he said it is Dean: don't you know who you just called? Dean was my first college roommate. They scrapped up his number. But anyway Dean and I caught up on our families.

We average five or six scam calls a day.

I used to mess with the callers, but it got old.

Gonna get my digital recorder back out and start playing fax tones on high again. I'll switch it up with some speed metal and a faux caller favorite "forks on plate"

Kind of remembered, but looked it up to be sure. Terri Garr announced in 2002 that she has MS. Also had a brain aneurysm in '06. So...she's had some issues.

Reminds me...about a week or ago a video popped up on my YouTube homepage of an interview with Annette Funnicello's husband. Guess he did an interview years ago (either before or right after she passed) of her condition...to make others aware of that disease (MS, MD...don't remember). I guess up to the end he was her primary caregiver. Interview had videos of him taking care of her. Very, very sad. Didn't recognize her. Of course she was much older, heavier, etc...but she couldn't do anything. Just a vegetable. Didn't watch it all. Couldn't.

I have a 66 year old man who works part time for me. He has medical issues. To stay in a med program they REQUIRED him to get the vaccine. He got it Sat, went to a dr Mon, and they put him in the hospital this morning. Can hardly breathe.
Prayers for your friend.

I've mentioned this before....flu shot basically killed a cousin of mine. Picture of health...had a flu shot (about 5 years ago)...started feeling weak....died within a year, maybe 6 months. Doctors told him it was the shot.

MS and MD were the nightmares of my youth, and something of a hell on earth in my mind. For him to take care of his wife for so long is amazing and gives you hope that there really are loving people out there.

Was just thinking about my mortality yesterday and wondering if I wanted to live to 100 with the way the world is and the way society has treated the older and elderly of late. I'll have to shoot for being burned at the stake for believing in God.

Prayers for your friend.

I've mentioned this before....flu shot basically killed a cousin of mine. Picture of health...had a flu shot (about 5 years ago)...started feeling weak....died within a year, maybe 6 months. Doctors told him it was the shot.

Shots nearly killed two of my nephews, put my neighbors boy squarely "on the spectrum" (with full on self-trauma) but he's since become more and more functional with a detox diet and time. It's no joke that it affects everyone differently and triggers all kinds of reactions.

On shots and other immunizations: I am pro shot.

The covid-19 pandemic has now killed roughly killed 3 million people world wide. The great influenza (H1N1) of 1918-19 killed 50 million.

My point is that some people with immune problems can be harmed by the shots; however, like my daughter, her doctor told her not to take the shot because she has Guillain-Barre syndrome. Everyone's GP should be consulted on these matters.

But there is a big difference in 3 million and 50 million. The 50 million deaths in 1918 was 2.7% of the worlds population then. The 3 million this time around is only 0.038% of our current population. The difference in the percentages is modern medicine. So without modern medicine how many would be dead from Covid-19?

I will risk the shot.

On shots and other immunizations: I am pro shot.

The covid-19 pandemic has now killed roughly killed 3 million people world wide. The great influenza (H1N1) of 1918-19 killed 50 million.

My point is that some people with immune problems can be harmed by the shots; however, like my daughter, her doctor told her not to take the shot because she has Guillain-Barre syndrome. Everyone's GP should be consulted on these matters.

But there is a big difference in 3 million and 50 million. The 50 million deaths in 1918 was 2.7% of the worlds population then. The 3 million this time around is only 0.038% of our current population. The difference in the percentages is modern medicine. So without modern medicine how many would be dead from Covid-19?

I will risk the shot.

The conclusion doesn't follow the premises you list, though they appeal to emotion.

There were vaccines in 1918 that may have contributed to the Spanish flu. Lots written about that besides the official cliffs notes.

The 3M attributed to c19 based on a now admittedly flawed if not fraudulent PCR test protocol that when peer reviewed (and subsequently ignored the peer review) was found to be approaching 100% false positives at the cycle rate at which it was run up until January.

I appreciate that some trust the WHO and pharma over science and data, but the rest of us shouldn't have to bow to their gods.

Understand this. I respect your right to choose the shot and will fight to assure you continue to have that right. I also expect others to respect my rights not to get it and not to be forced to get it or starve.

I'm not saying you don't respect my right to choose not to have things injected into me, but I'm disappointed we have rejected the great understanding of the Geneva convention in saying any "treatment" or procedure should not be forced on someone against their will. We are on the verge of repeating the very same history many accuse others of embracing.

Last edited:
Kind of remembered, but looked it up to be sure. Terri Garr announced in 2002 that she has MS. Also had a brain aneurysm in '06. So...she's had some issues.

Reminds me...about a week or ago a video popped up on my YouTube homepage of an interview with Annette Funnicello's husband. Guess he did an interview years ago (either before or right after she passed) of her condition...to make others aware of that disease (MS, MD...don't remember). I guess up to the end he was her primary caregiver. Interview had videos of him taking care of her. Very, very sad. Didn't recognize her. Of course she was much older, heavier, etc...but she couldn't do anything. Just a vegetable. Didn't watch it all. Couldn't.
Sister died of MS at age 48. Started at around 18. Her mind was good but her body fell apart & she couldn't hardly see. In a wheelchair the last 5 years or so. Sad.

That is a problem. They change numbers. What I do now is not answer unless a name pops up of someone I know. I save all of the numbers of friends, family and doctors office, etc that are important.

If I do not recognize the number I let it go to voicemail.. No warranty caller has ever left a message. The erectile disfunction girls don't either. So I escape both of these nuisances
I use to not answer but they would leave voicemail, so now I just answer and immediately hang up.

Good afternoon D, ever had one of those days when you have everything planned out only to have one of your children to call and say I need your help, been one of them! It's ok though, other plans panned out!!!!

Safe travels ATX, Bert has something for you if he will part with it, don't let him say, I didn't get but one!!!!!

Just want to pass along some great news, just got a text from our pastor telling us that his wife has NO CANCER!!!!!!! The other lady told me she is in stage one, surgery is May 20, keep both in your PRAYERS!!!

Have a great one D and Prayers for the D!!!!!

Good afternoon D, ever had one of those days when you have everything planned out only to have one of your children to call and say I need your help, been one of them! It's ok though, other plans panned out!!!!

Safe travels ATX, Bert has something for you if he will part with it, don't let him say, I didn't get but one!!!!!

Just want to pass along some great news, just got a text from our pastor telling us that his wife has NO CANCER!!!!!!! The other lady told me she is in stage one, surgery is May 20, keep both in your PRAYERS!!!

Bless you brother Sir and praise to God knowing all will work to his glory. Fervent prayers for your sisters in Christ...

Last edited:
Bless you brother Sir and praise to God knowing all will work to his glory. fervent prayers for your sisters in Christ...
Thank you BBUK, I told them how I have ask the D to pray for them and how far reaching all of the prayers are coming from and they wanted me to thank the D!!!! So his words are Cord tell them thank you from the bottom of our hearts and please continue to PRAY for us!!!!

The conclusion doesn't follow the premises you list, though they appeal to emotion.

There were vaccines in 1918 that may have contributed to the Spanish flu. Lots written about that besides the official cliffs notes.

The 3M attributed to c19 based on a now admittedly flawed if not fraudulent PCR test protocol that when peer reviewed (and subsequently ignored the peer review) was found to be approaching 100% false positives at the cycle rate at which it was run up until January.

I appreciate that some trust the WHO and pharma over science and data, but the rest of us shouldn't have to bow to their gods.

Understand this. I respect your right to choose the shot and will fight to assure you continue to have that right. I also expect others to respect my rights not to get it and not to be forced to get it or starve.

I'm not saying you don't respect my right to choose not to have things injected into me, but I'm disappointed we have rejected the great understanding of the Geneva convention in saying any "treatment" or procedure should not be forced on someone against their will. We are on the verge of repeating the very same history many accuse others of embracing.
I respectfully disagree. There was no emotion in my post, just history.

Jewish hospital in Louisville was built by a fellow who was involved.

200 Abraham Flexner Way 40202 Louisville, KY, US. That address is not an accident. Look up the Flexner brothers and what they did to war against virus.

Another nearby shooting yesterday evening. One dead. Possible road-rage incident. A Whataburger is located across the street from the Taco Bell which you can see in the clip of interview with Austin PD officer. I walked twice past that particular location over the past 12 hours.

Edit: Neighborhood watch group posted shooting happened in HEB grocery store parking lot behind Taco Bell.

Last edited:
I'm finally going to stick a crowbar in my wallet and remodel our kitchen. My wife has been on me for years and it's definitely time. For me, I can live with outdated stuff because it's comfortable. For her, well, she's been patient. Not looking forward to forking over major cash and living with tradesmen in my house for several days. Not to mention losing the use of my kitchen for a while.

Thanks! Hoping for an smooth, uneventful 800-mile journey.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT