ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

***Product Review***
Mentioned on here a few weeks ago that I got a Power Smokeless Indoor Grill on an early Black Friday deal.
Did some bone-in chicken breasts tonight. Did good...in fact a whole lot better than I thought it would. No smoke. Quiet exhaust fan (was expecting it to be loud...we have an air fryer that sounds like a small jet). Cooked really well. Beat standing outside in the cold with the sun going down.

I just saw on the NBC nightly news that after nursing home residents, and front line workers get the vaccine, the next in line will be minorities, since low income areas have been the worst hit. Does this surprise anyone?
No sir. Actually what I expected. My 88 and 89 years old parents, one who has copd, can’t possibly need this as much as a 65 year old healthy minority. But keep voting yourself into this crap America, you reap what you sow.

My brother had both knees replaced when he was about 60. Both screwed up from football. Kidney operation when he was 19-20 from football. Quite a good player...still remember Woody Hayes in our living room. Doctors told him not play college ball due to H.S. injuries.
My son was a very good player too. Had several small/mid-level college offers and then a number of large schools started looking/recruiting him till he tore up a knee and ripped his hamstring.
Great sport/memories if you don't have lingering medical issues.
Me? I was too chicken to play football. 😊
I was never a football fan. I actually started school in a one room school house. Not enough people to have a team, so I was never around it. When I finally got to a school big enough for divided class rooms, it was still to small for football.

I have quite a few old $2 bills but not this new one. I like it.

new-space-force-bill.png

Hey, Austin. What are you doing up at this hour, especially since you are an hour earlier than me?
I wake at 4:18 am CST every morning, Monday-Friday. Have been for years. No rush, no stress. Since this past March, I also run systems checks for my team no later than 5:30 am CST. Usually in bed by 8:30 pm Mo-Fr.

I wake at 4:18 am CST every morning, Monday-Friday. Have been for years. No rush, no stress. Since this past March, I also run systems checks for my team no later than 5:30 am CST. Usually in bed by 8:30 pm Mo-Fr.

I woke up thinking about a billing to a customer and couldn't sleep, so I got up and generated an invoice, before I forgot it.

I woke up thinking about a billing to a customer and couldn't sleep, so I got up and generated an invoice, before I forgot it.
Sounds good. Yeah, after system checks, I'll clean up and start hiking around 6 am CST. It's chilly out this morning. Normally, I'd walk to the bus stop and wait on the bus after dropping by the car wash, but working from home changed all that.

Hey, Austin. What are you doing up at this hour, especially since you are an hour earlier than me?
I've wondered that a few times myself since I've been checking on this thread.
Of course some people just can't sleep. My brother has always been the type who sleeps very little, 3-4 hours and he's up and ready to go. I'm like that sometimes but after a while it catches up with me. Rarely can I sleep 8 hours anymore.
Got a cousin who has that sleep disorder (can't remember the name right now) where he doesn't sleep hardly at all. Always wondered why he/his eyes always looked so bad, and one day on a visit he was telling me about it. No wonder. Tough way to live but so far he's found no remedy.

Wake up Legionnaires!

Since the theme this morning seems to be wake up times. Mine is between 4am-4:30am every morning. Old habit. Can't seem to shake it yet.

Good Friday morning D League

Trust all are well. Our weather has got back to normal and feels good. We are currently 61° and our high today will be 73°. We have about a 5% chance of rain later this afternoon. A nice day to be outside and enjoying our wonderful nature.

Lots of high school football tonight and the weather should be good. The high schools get good attendance around here. I hope Kentucky coaches are scouting down here because there is a lot of Div I talent and the Florida schools can't sign them all. Too many

Prayers for those who need a touch and good health to all. I pray Ben is not too much in pain as he awaits surgery. If you collect old coins and money here is an interesting one that dates back to 1886. That was the year my grandpa was born.

119787350_3459566267423674_3129569334286433097_n.jpg

Wake up Legionnaires!

Since the theme this morning seems to be wake up times. Mine is between 4am-4:30am every morning. Old habit. Can't seem to shake it yet.
Speaking of waking up. My schedule is between 5:00 am 6:00 am. If I sleep past 6 o'clock I feel draggy most of the day. Too much sleep does me no good. I go to bed between 9 and 10 each night.

Mornin' D-League. When do I wake up in the morning? When my swollen prostate tell me to. I haven't slept as late as I'd choose to since I hit 55, if my memory is accurate.

In Covid-times, when my work is at home instead of riding the subway into DC, I'm in the habit of walking three times a day just to make sure I don't completely vegetate. I was out walking the woods at 5:30 today. Very peaceful and lovely.

I hope everyone is sliding into a good weekend.

Of course some people just can't sleep. My brother has always been the type who sleeps very little, 3-4 hours and he's up and ready to go. I'm like that sometimes but after a while it catches up with me. Rarely can I sleep 8 hours anymore.
Got a cousin who has that sleep disorder (can't remember the name right now) where he doesn't sleep hardly at all. Always wondered why he/his eyes always looked so bad, and one day on a visit he was telling me about it. No wonder. Tough way to live but so far he's found no remedy.

He could watch our offense, in either football or basketball. That will put almost anyone to sleep. :)

Mornin' D-League. When do I wake up in the morning? When my swollen prostate tell me to. I haven't slept as late as I'd choose to since I hit 55, if my memory is accurate.

In Covid-times, when my work is at home instead of riding the subway into DC, I'm in the habit of walking three times a day just to make sure I don't completely vegetate. I was out walking the woods at 5:30 today. Very peaceful and lovely.

I hope everyone is sliding into a good weekend.

And this time of year, you don't have to worry about snakes.

Good Friday morning D League

Trust all are well. Our weather has got back to normal and feels good. We are currently 61° and our high today will be 73°. We have about a 5% chance of rain later this afternoon. A nice day to be outside and enjoying our wonderful nature.

Lots of high school football tonight and the weather should be good. The high schools get good attendance around here. I hope Kentucky coaches are scouting down here because there is a lot of Div I talent and the Florida schools can't sign them all. Too many

Prayers for those who need a touch and good health to all. I pray Ben is not too much in pain as he awaits surgery. If you collect old coins and money here is an interesting one that dates back to 1886. That was the year my grandpa was born.

119787350_3459566267423674_3129569334286433097_n.jpg

Wow, is that an actual likeness of Martha? No wonder they didn't have any kids.

I need to go out and find one but my neighbor said the stores sold out. No problem, I think I will grab another quilt and go to bed. Why not?

128915184_3552201528196954_8343730194307735765_o.jpg
I lived in Jacksonville, FL from August 1976 through October 1983. November 1, 1983 I was promoted to the District Sales Manager in Evansville, IN. My territory was from the Tennessee line to Cook County, IL and from E. St. Louis, IL to Meade County Kentucky.

I was sent on a meet the new guy for the companies in my territory. I froze my ass off. I could not get enough clothes to warm up. The winter of 1983-84 was the coldest in my life. I remember being down at Mt. Vernon, IN at our rail/barge transfer facility and the wind was coming off the Ohio river at about 20 mph and I was shivering as they walked me thorough the massive facility. I had to put up a good face but I could not wait to get in my car and turn the heat on maximum.

After 8 years of warm temps, 20°F in a stiff wind goes straight to the bone.

This was my daddy's favorite version and mine too, of You Win Again. Johnny Cash had a good one but not as good as Jerry Lee. Johnny Cash is my favorite country singer so that is a mouthful for me.

My daddy said Jerry Lee Lewis played the piano like a Pentecostal preacher. He might have been right about that. It sure sounds like some church services and gospel singing back in the 1950's.
My boss in Houston, TX, Darryl Nunley (now signing in heaven), was Jerry Lee Lewis' first cousin. They were Pentecostal church members and he told me many stories about the extended family playing at church and on radio. Darryl could play the piano nearly as good as Jerry Lee. He would have a Christmas party and it was like going to a Pentecostal church. All the family could play and sing.

My boss in Houston, TX, Darryl Nunley (now signing in heaven), was Jerry Lee Lewis' first cousin. They were Pentecostal church members and he told me many stories about the extended family playing at church and on radio. Darryl could play the piano nearly as good as Jerry Lee. He would have a Christmas party and it was like going to a Pentecostal church. All the family could play and sing.
The amount of country and rock n roll singers and musicians that came out of the Pentecostal churches could fill up a Hall of Fame. And it does.

Sisters and brothers marry sisters and brothers or any combination of sisters or brothers; the resulting children will be double own cousins.
They have the same relatives. Uncles, aunts, cousins, grandparents. This once was very common but as families become more and more scattered it is not as common as years ago. A lot of people confuse this with incest but it is not. None of the brothers who married sisters had the same blood line as their spouse. They attended the same church and schools but that was as close as it got.

Unless I drink a few beers, my sleep is usually uninterrupted. For some reason, I'll awaken at an odd hour after 2-3 beers.

They have the same relatives. Uncles, aunts, cousins, grandparents. This once was very common but as families become more and more scattered it is not as common as years ago. A lot of people confuse this with incest but it is not. None of the brothers who married sisters had the same blood line as their spouse. They attended the same church and schools but that was as close as it got.

My brother-in-law and I married sisters. :)

ADVERTISEMENT