ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I'm computer dumb, but this is a picture I found on the internet. It is near Hue, about halfway between DaNang and Tan My. It is a buddha on a hillside. Passed by it several times.
Sir,

Next time if you just click and open this box above (If you hover over it it states "Insert Image".) and paste there it should let you post the picture...

461199123_8994779113868922_6337765146856843159_n.jpg

Good morning folks. It’s raining like a tall cow pissing on a flat rock here. So I’m letting myself run a little late, waiting for it to pass until I head out.

Austin, I could eat that dish, if I could order it special —hold everything involving a sheep or a turnip and double down on the mash potatoes. But I suppose we’ve all eaten odd stuff in our travels. They were down to eating camels when I was first in Somalia during the war/famine. I just closed my eyes and pretended it was Zebra…

Glad it is the eve of Friday, and the last day I have to go downtown this week. It’s been a rough one. Hope all is well with you folks.

Cool morning here in Smiths Grove, 60.6°F and cloudy. It was cloudy all day yesterday yet we never got a drop. It is to be cloudy for the next week so we may get some of the hurricane soon. We are supposed to get to 76°F today with a good chance of rain.

I am 42% Scottish, but that goes down to near zero when it comes to some things that they eat in the UK. Sheep guts et.al. does not turn me on at all. Cooked blood is a turn off. However, I have eaten chitlins but that was more or less on a dare. Turnips: I love the greens and the root is to die for with some good pork. I like turnips mashed up like potatoes or cooked and sliced as a side. Turnip greens are about the best greens on earth for my taste.

Happy Friday folks. Misty, muggy and warm in the east. Sweaty weather for running.

Working from home today, and looking forward to the weekend to begin. No big plans. Next week I'm heading to Kentucky and my wife has booked us a trip to Niagara Falls later in October. We'll be doing some real traveling next year, as I get closer to retirement. But she's always wanted to see the falls for some reason.

Nothing much to report. It's been a grinding work week, so that has limited much else going on. Looking forward to the football weekend. Alabama-Georgia should be a classic and in the "At least somebody will lose" category we've got Little Brother playing Notre Dame. I'm so angry at the Bengals I'm actually hoping Andy Dalton shreds their defense and the whole collection of pouting prima donnas get stuck in the airport for three days after that.

You all have a good day.

Helene got here. We have exactly 2.00" of rain and some really good gusts of wind. It is 70.5°F and that is supposed to be the high with it going down all day to a low of 50°F by midnight.

@storm1507 the summers of 1964 and 1965 I worked on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Pretty country. I fell in love with a long legged blonde who lived in Sparta, NC.

• Wow
Reactions: BBUK
Helene got here. We have exactly 2.00" of rain and some really good gusts of wind. It is 70.5°F and that is supposed to be the high with it going down all day to a low of 50°F by midnight.

@storm1507 the summers of 1964 and 1965 I worked on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Pretty country. I fell in love with a long legged blonde who lived in Sparta, NC.
We love the area too.

I won't tell you what I was doing in the summer of 64, but I'll turn 60 tomorrow.

Reactions: BBUK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT