ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

My sister is planning a party for her granddaughter's 1st birthday. It'll be either the 18th or 19th of March. In other words, the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. If the Cats are playing then no way in hell am I making that party. My great niece will have other birthdays.

My sister is planning a party for her granddaughter's 1st birthday. It'll be either the 18th or 19th of March. In other words, the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. If the Cats are playing then no way in hell am I making that party. My great niece will have other birthdays.
I understand your reasoning. We planned our wedding day to be held in April, after basketball season. That was 55 years ago.

wr_nationalfroyoday_insta.jpg

Great Niece? I barely saw my daughter born because of a Wildcats' game.

Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but my daughter was born on March 21, 1997. A check of your calendars will show that UK was playing St. Joseph's as part of that drive to the Final Game late in the evening of the 20th. My wife was in labor that night and we were in a nice hospital room with its own TV. I was fully engaged in the Cats' game and sort of aware of all else that was happening rather slowly. Luckily the Cats won in regulation (as I recall it was the 9pm game so it wasn't over til nearly midnight with all the tourney commercials.) Then I could concentrate fully on the birth, which happened a little after midnight.

By the way, that was the night when the Hale-Bopp comet reached its absolute glowing peak. When my wife fell back asleep, I went out to the car to drive home and get some clothes and stuff for her. I looked up into the clear sky and saw that comet. What an omen,

Great Niece? I barely saw my daughter born because of a Wildcats' game.

Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but my daughter was born on March 21, 1997. A check of your calendars will show that UK was playing St. Joseph's as part of that drive to the Final Game late in the evening of the 20th. My wife was in labor that night and we were in a nice hospital room with its own TV. I was fully engaged in the Cats' game and sort of aware of all else that was happening rather slowly. Luckily the Cats won in regulation (as I recall it was the 9pm game so it wasn't over til nearly midnight with all the tourney commercials.) Then I could concentrate fully on the birth, which happened a little after midnight.

By the way, that was the night when the Hale-Bopp comet reached its absolute glowing peak. When my wife fell back asleep, I went out to the car to drive home and get some clothes and stuff for her. I looked up into the clear sky and saw that comet. What an omen,
Great niece or is it great-niece. Isn't that the daughter of one's niece or nephew?

Good story and what an eventful day to be born.

Good morning D-Leaguers.

Another Monday. Ah well. My wife and I had a nice Sunday. We went downtown and hit several of the Smithsonian museums, then stopped into a nice steakhouse in DC for supper and a couple drinks. Saw Trump's official presidential portrait at the Nation al Portrait Gallery. He went for a traditional approach and anyone who admires him. It fits in with others back to Reagan. Obama, for example, tried some modern, abstract approach with him coming out of a frame of ivy leaves or whatever, and it already looks dated and silly.

Back to work. Hope you all have a good day.

No pics...😕😉

Good morning from ATX. Currently 65°F and cloudy. Rain predicted for this afternoon. Today's high of 74°F expected.

Daughter and I checked out more sites around downtown Austin last night. Capitol lit up really majestic as usual. Returned before 8:30 pm. Daughter's flight leaves tomorrow; however, she's staying with step-daughter tonight because of location closer to airport. I'll probably cry my eyes out late this afternoon when my daughter leaves.

Hogs vs Cats tonight at 9 EST. Go Cats!

Got my trademark long hair cut off yesterday. Everybody says I now look 10-15 years younger.

Plan on working 1/2 day today. Chemo and radiation therapy begin tomorrow.

Wishing all y'all an awesome day. Take care.

National-Fettucine-Alfredo-Day-500x500.png

Last edited:
Good morning D-League.

Cold, foggy morning in the east.

Austin, hang in there with the chemo and radiation therapy. I’ll send my thoughts and prayers your way.

Getting a little exercise in before getting ready for work. My last PT session is Friday so I’m transitioning to doing the strengthening stuff that doesn’t take equipment at home.

Big game for the Cats tonight. Maybe Oscar will bounce back and Wallace, Reeves and Fredrick will all be hot at the same time. It’d be fun to blow somebody out.

Hope you all have a good day.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 65°F and cloudy. Rain predicted for this afternoon. Today's high of 74°F expected.

Daughter and I checked out more sites around downtown Austin last night. Capitol lit up really majestic as usual. Returned before 8:30 pm. Daughter's flight leaves tomorrow; however, she's staying with step-daughter tonight because of location closer to airport. I'll probably cry my eyes out late this afternoon when my daughter leaves.

Got my trademark long hair cut off yesterday. Everybody says I now look 10-15 years younger.

Praying for you my friend!!!! You are on our GOD KNOWS LIST!!!

Good Morning D

Currently 49° with the sun rising and today will be sunny all day. The high will reach 79°. 0% chance of rain. Winds are E at 4 mph and humidity 78%. Saw the news of the earthquake and more than 5,000 dead as they dig out more bodies,

Special prayers for Austin's daughter to have a safe flight home and Austin as he begins treatment. God be with all.

Cats vs Hogs at Rupp. If I was a betting man I would put my money on the Cats. Trust all are well on this beautiful day.

iu

Good luck.

Nothing wrong with crying! I can't believe the hair is gone.

Best of luck on the chemo and radiation. I have never had chemo but radiation I have had in the form of titanium laced Iodine 125 seeds. I was not supposed to hold a kid or cat or dog for two months. So far the cancer is at bay nearly 6 years later.

It is already 59.7°F and we are supposed to get to 64°. Yesterday we were only supposed to get to 59°F but made it to 61° so I am betting on about 66.

You all have a good Tuesday and hope the Cats can win.

Five shots in each gun. Flinch and it would rip your arm open and you would bleed like a stuck hog.

329634988_918110572657016_8340489781623242184_n.jpg
When I graduated from police school, there must have been 200 of us. We were all being shipped overseas. It was a sunny day. The medics were lined up outside and they lined us up to walk through the gauntlet getting lots of shots to prepare for the trip. It ripped a hunk out of a guy's arm in front of me.

Did that Sir.... From what I was told on Leonard wood, we were the first to wear running shoes versus boots...
Running shoes? In basic? We had hard leather boots the whole way and if your feet did not adjust to boots you bled and developed callouses that became hard as a rock. During my Drill Sgt days I put double soles on mine and it made them a little more comfortable running over gravel.

About a month before I discharged, the Army came out with jungle boots that were half canvas and hard rubber. Maybe a little leather too. These were more comfortable.

When I graduated from police school, there must have been 200 of us. We were all being shipped overseas. It was a sunny day. The medics were lined up outside and they lined us up to walk through the gauntlet getting lots of shots to prepare for the trip. It ripped a hunk out of a guy's arm in front of me.
Seen a few who got slice. Dared not move myself.

Running shoes? In basic? We had hard leather boots the whole way and if your feet did not adjust to boots you bled and developed callouses that became hard as a rock. During my Drill Sgt days I put double soles on mine and it made them a little more comfortable running over gravel.

About a month before I discharged, the Army came out with jungle boots that were half canvas and hard rubber. Maybe a little leather too. These were more comfortable.
Yep, ran in boots too for the first 3 years in the Army. Wore Jungle boots in Panama during Jungle Training School at Ft. Sherman and then for a year or so after while stationed at Campbell. But, jump boots looked better polished so...

ADVERTISEMENT