ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I doubt that, my ex-wife:

R.60072096108b0e0645dfda6abea0f414
I remember her. She loved Maxwell House coffee.

I can guarantee my MIL is more of a witch than your ex's mom. :) I'll take that bet from anybody.

I think my ex-wife chased one with a broom too, only she was flying on hers.
She must have bought the broom from my ex's mother.
Hey guys, twice-divorce, three times married man here. I must be the luckiest, former THREE-TIME son in-law on Earth.

First late mother in-law: Ruth, born in Leipzig, Germany late 1930s. She survived bombings of the city. She was a short, sweet loving and caring lady who thought well of me. Never a negative word. Our entire relationship conducted in German language. Had 6 children. Even after ex and I broke up in spring 1988, Ruth and late former FIL welcomed my late mother into their home for food and warmer feelings of their own apologetic regrets over the split. Passed away 2018 or 19.

Second late mother in-law: Reva, born in Middlesboro, KY. Authentic hillbilly. Gold Star Mother. Lived mainly in KY-TN border area except for brief stints near Medina, OH with late FIL and kids. Bore 9 children. One child KIA in Vietnam. Another son died young in a 1980s auto crash. She thought the world of me. Seemed she loved me even more after break-up with her daughter. Passed away 2021.

Third late mother in-law: Shirley. A true Texan. From Austin. Treated me like own son. Never a bad word or jesture. Passed away 2017 hours after Hurricane Harvey winds stopped blowing.

Life's been good to me so far!
(best Joe Walsh voice)

Good morning from ATX. Currently 33°F and with experiencing rain/sleet/snow mix. We've been at or below freezing for the last 66 hours. Today's high should reach 39°F. Downpour stopping soon. I've gotta get walking before I lose my doggone mind. Taking off around 7 am CST.

Got hit three times yesterday by power surges. Knocked me off-line while working with users. Bah!

Aside from weather, all is good here. Starting work here in a few.

Happy Groundhog Day. Give us a good forecast, Punxsutawney Phil.

Wishing all you ladies and gents an awesome day.

National Heavenly Hash Day

shutterstock_1080998849.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning all,

Have a day that will cause you to smile.

On MIL's...

My mother in law and I got along splendidly. She is gone now about 32 or 33 years. She came to visit us once for about a month from Korea. We spoke through interpretation. If you know anything about the Korean or Asian culture you'd know the enormous protection and emphasis on the number one son in the family. (My son, he was about five or six at the time but disrespected me (Slightly by American standards to where It wasn't even admonished.). My MIL had a hold of him in a few seconds and was ready to deliver reprimand.

We intervened but to this day I KNOW my MIL revered me and to me that has been enough to carry forward no matter what. (Not that I didn't have a good relationship with my parents, I did but I never had THAT type of incident.) Seeing my MIL in action over me for something perceived small has given me extra motivations to perform for my family and for her, so her actions were "worth it". I am thankful...

Last edited:
Good morning folks. 7:36 am and I’m already running to catch up -or not fall further behind. Is this what they mean by the Rat Race? Ah well. As soon as Demento Joe turns the economy around I can retire comfortably, so that shouldn’t be too long, right?

Cool and clear today in the east. Glad to have January behind us. February is no better except shorter.

Hope it’s shaping up to be a good day for all of you.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 33°F and with experiencing rain/sleet/snow mix. We've been at or below freezing for the last 66 hours. Today's high should reach 39°F. Downpour stopping soon. I've gotta get walking before I lose my doggone mind. Taking off around 7 am CST.

Got hit three times yesterday by power surges. Knocked me off-line while working with users. Bah!

My grandmother made the best heavenly hash. No one else could ever get me to eat a desert with the things she put in it. Just the right touch of every ingredient.

Was dessert at our house growing up. Haven’t had that in awhile.

Hey guys, twice-divorce, three times married man here. I must be the luckiest, former THREE-TIME son in-law on Earth.

First late mother in-law: Ruth, born in Leipzig, Germany late 1930s. She survived bombings of the city. She was a short, sweet loving and caring lady who thought well of me. Never a negative word. Our entire relationship conducted in German language. Had 6 children. Even after ex and I broke up in spring 1988, Ruth and late former FIL welcomed my late mother into their home for food and warmer feelings of their own apologetic regrets over the split. Passed away 2018 or 19.

Second late mother in-law: Reva, born in Middlesboro, KY. Authentic hillbilly. Gold Star Mother. Lived mainly in KY-TN border area except for brief stints near Medina, OH with late FIL and kids. Bore 9 children. One child KIA in Vietnam. Another son died young in a 1980s auto crash. She thought the world of me. Seemed she loved me even more after break-up with her daughter. Passed away 2021.

Third late mother in-law: Shirley. A true Texan. From Austin. Treated me like own son. Never a bad word or jesture. Passed away 2017 hours after Hurricane Harvey winds stopped blowing.

Life's been good to me so far!
(best Joe Walsh voice)
My MIL from my first marriage was great, it is just her daughter (my ex) who was not. She was caught cheating with the fiancée of a woman who let me know and that is why we got a divorce. However, that was not the only one she was seeing. I was a DI then. After the divorce she wanted to get re-married, and I said: NO! Probably the way I said it pissed her off and things went south from there. She married one of her flings (which did not last) but continued to harass me by finding out who I was dating at the time, get in contact, and then tell them what a bad a guy I was. 3 occasions when I called these ladies about when we were going to go out again, they simply said it would not be a good idea. Then I would ask why, and they would say they talked to my ex and found out what kind of guy I was. That told me all I needed to know about them and I would not pursue them again.

It worked out in the end as I have been married to my second wife now going on 23 years (June). My ex tried to talk to her a couple of times and she refused to talk to her. One time was at my son's wedding while my wife was holding our 6-month-old daughter. She came up to my wife and said: "I need to talk to you about him". My wife said: "Go away" which pissed her off. Whew! My secret is safe. :p

Good morning D-League!

It's cool out there, but no snow or ice to contend with today. Hoping to get lots of stuff done now that the ladies are off to school and work. Made a light, but hearty oatmeal breakfast for them this morning. Tomorrow will be Swedish pancakes from a friend's family recipe. I'm getting better at making them now, and my daughter loves them. Used to be a cheap meal until eggs went crazy high.

Have a great MIL now. Started out our relationship rocky, but it was rocky for my sweetheart as well, so... She's been very appreciative of my work and efforts to take care of her, and I've always been glad to help her and her husband any way I can.

Ex-MIL is a sweet lady. I helped her and her mother after her daughter and I divorced. I only see her occasionally as the divorce wasn't really amicable and her daughter prefers I not talk to her mom.

Had 2 exes whose mothers were pagan, and I'm not kidding at all. One had a statue of nearly every chief, false god you could name. First time I met her she raised red flags and I found out why the first time I entered her house.

The ex I dated 2 years before that one was into the occult. Had a ouija board and was into taro, auras, and all that stuff. She did NOT like me being in her house. Had the wrong kind of strong aura and thought I was judging her before I knew anything about her.

Both relationships, needless to say, didn't last long after that. It really explained a LOT about those 2 exes. No idea what happened to make the one I divorced so unlike her mother. Still a mystery

For all that handwriting about NIL and the "horrible effect it would have on our 2023 class," Kentucky Football closed out STRONG. Very satisfying to see people have to eat their words. I just wish they'd stop being so doom and gloom every year in the first place. Oh well....

Have a wonderful day, D-LEAGUE! May the road rise up to meet you and all that!

My MIL from my first marriage was great, it is just her daughter (my ex) who was not. She was caught cheating with the fiancée of a woman who let me know and that is why we got a divorce. However, that was not the only one she was seeing. I was a DI then. After the divorce she wanted to get re-married, and I said: NO! Probably the way I said it pissed her off and things went south from there. She married one of her flings (which did not last) but continued to harass me by finding out who I was dating at the time, get in contact, and then tell them what a bad a guy I was. 3 occasions when I called these ladies about when we were going to go out again, they simply said it would not be a good idea. Then I would ask why, and they would say they talked to my ex and found out what kind of guy I was. That told me all I needed to know about them and I would not pursue them again.

You and I had parallel experiences. Nailed it to a T. Lol. I have a buddy who had the same exact experience. There are a lot of them out there, it seems, and a lot that trust them for their info. Lmao!

After my first marriage ended, a woman pursued me that was quite beautiful. Acted like she knew me, but I know we hadn't met before. I was interested at first, but something about her was just OFF. We went out ONCE and that was enough... She was a piece of work. I RAN...

Found out later she was friends with me ex-wife. Case closed. Apocalypse averted

Good Thursday Morning D

Another beautiful day ahead, weather wise, 60° and the high will be 79° around 3:00 PM with plenty of sunshine. Rain chance 2%.

Speaking of mother in laws, I had a great relationship with mine. She lived to be 97 and not one cross word was ever spoken between us. None. She was a Christian woman who gave birth to 10 kids and came from a family of 16. They had large farms and were independent, hard working Kentuckians.

They said 6 more weeks of winter on the TV. 25% of Travis County, TX still does not have power. COLD. I sure feel for all of those stuck in the mess. You are better folks than me because I have to have warm weather and be close to the coast. Sun and fun is my motto.

I had a good workout yesterday and my bones are a little sore. My left shoulder needs lots of work as it is still very weak but exercise and some moderate weight training should get me where I want to be.

Take care all,

iu

Being the new guy here I've been on my bestest behavior. You may soon find a time when you want to erase the last 4 words above.

For anyone who wants to go back and find the last bear...follow the right tree up on the right side to the top of the picture. That's my treestand with a burlap cover. At the very top you can see my .shooting rail (horizontal bar) and above it you can see part of the cub. He's in my stand and no doubt chewing up a cushion or causing other problems.

Was going to ask about that spot in the picture but the light/contrast threw me off.

Guess it was better getting that cushion chewed by a cub than getting your @ss chewed by mommabear. ;)

I thought you might like hot peppers. Some of the hotest foods I have consumed has been Asian food. When a Chinese restaurant says hot on the menu, believe it. It will clear your sinuses. And that is good.

I love the heat.

I miss the Chinese restaurant we used to go to when I was very young. They had a hot mustard that would stare your summer allergies down and break them. Clear you OUT and that clearing would last through the summer. Totally amazed me and my family. A little of that mustard on some fried won tons and breathe out through your nose.... FIRE, then the clearing for 10-15 minutes, and then (still FIRE but) I could breathe again.

Unfortunately the restaurant had a rough time of it in the 70s and 80s with the proliferation of fast food and shut down. Haven't been able to find a mustard or food like that since.

The closest thing to that in terms of beneficial effects was an authentic Vietnamese dish I had 10-15 years later. Had fresh mint and vegetables in it. Like a slaw, but had some heat. Wish I knew what it was and how to make it now. Either of them actually

I miss the Chinese restaurant we used to go to when I was very young. They had a hot mustard that would stare your summer allergies down and break them. Clear you OUT and that clearing would last through the summer. Totally amazed me and my family. A little of that mustard on some fried won tons and breathe out through your nose.... FIRE, then the clearing for 10-15 minutes, and then (still FIRE but) I could breathe again.

Unfortunately the restaurant had a rough time of it in the 70s and 80s with the proliferation of fast food and shut down. Haven't been able to find a mustard or food like that since.

The closest thing to that in terms of beneficial effects was an authentic Vietnamese dish I had 10-15 years later. Had fresh mint and vegetables in it. Like a slaw, but had some heat. Wish I knew what it was and how to make it now. Either of them actually
That's what I am talking about. Bring on the hot mustard and clear out the sinuses. Then walk out to the pier and breathe that Gulf air. Horse radish does it for me too.

Was dessert at our house growing up. Haven’t had that in awhile.
It has always been a staple for holiday meals. Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas. I had some on New Years Day watching football.

The old timers would do it right. My mother, grandmothers, and aunts all made it from scratch and served it often.

Good morning everyone.

We received an inch or two of snow this morning here in the mountains. We have been blessed this winter with several minor snowfalls that don't stick around long. This is a previous year, but if the sun pops out later it will be our view this afternoon.
80079121_10206918806965691_9064639060730970112_n.jpg
I hope everyone has a great day.

Welcome to Thursday D-Leaguer. It is another cloudy and cold day here. 33.1°F up from 31° earlier. We are supposed to top out at 41. I hope we can handle such heat! Plus we are supposed to see the sun tomorrow. I don't know if I believe the forecast.

I can't handle hot foods. I like a mild jalapeno pepper and normal chilis; however, when the heat gets turned up I will not partake. My son loves the hot stuff and grows them in his back yard. Of course he is crazy!

Morning folk.

Groundhog screwed us again.

Have had what seemed like a common cold for 2 days.
Wife gave me a covid test and I tested positive for Covid, WTF?

Just common cold symptoms:
little cough
little sneezing
runny nose
itchy eyes
congestion

And now that is Covid? Has to be a false positive right?
GRRRRR

Ate some chow chow that had that burning rush effect....

Remember these?

I rarely chew gum but I was given a piece of BAZOOKA bubble gum, complete with the below. Chewing hard now...

327798240_1198434484114649_5012739210566653821_n.jpg

I haven't used the code.... feel free...
Bubble gum was a big part of my childhood. I don't think I have seen a kid blow a bubble in decades. Do they still do that. Major leaguers use to do it in the outfield.

My favorite go to bubble gum was Topps baseball cards. For 1 penny you would get a nice baseball card and a slice of dry bubble gum. Pop it in your mouth and start blowing bubbles. To be honest I bought Topps for the baseball card. If I wanted some real good bubble gum I would pick up a few Bazooka Joes.

318202393_1244559056098569_4745148884402649206_n.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 35°F and clear. Slight wind out of the NW. Today's high may reach 49°F.

Austin suffered considerable damage from this winter storm. Many down trees, branches and other debris affected houses and other properties. While not as bad as, say, low-intensity hurricane damage, we've still got a mess around our neighborhood and beyond. Again, we've lucked out so far. I've noticed only a few small fallen branches needing clean-up in our yard. Others yards/businesses really got hammered.

As of this morning, local news reports 126,000 Austin residents without power.

Happy Friday, y'all!

Wishing everyone a fun, safe and prosperous day.

02_02_22_NationalCarrotCakeDay_BlogArticleGraphic.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 35°F and clear. Slight wind out of the NW. Today's high may reach 49°F.

Austin suffered considerable damage from this winter storm. Many down trees, branches and other debris affected houses and other properties. While not as bad as, say, low-intensity hurricane damage, we've still got a mess around our neighborhood and beyond. Again, we've lucked out so far. I've noticed only a few small fallen branches needing clean-up in our yard. Others yards/businesses really got hammered.

Happy Friday, y'all!

Wishing everyone a fun, safe and prosperous day.

02_02_22_NationalCarrotCakeDay_BlogArticleGraphic.jpg

Glad to hear God had you through all of that, @AustinTXCat !!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT