ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

star...do you know anyone who has Parkinson's out there? Think I mentioned this a couple months ago, but my younger brother has it and has taken several trips to some resort in the California desert near Nevada. He said that the heat...without the humidity...made him feel much better.
Was wondering if some people move to Arizona, etc that have Parkinson's like they do for allergies and so forth.

I had a brother-in-law who had Parkinson's. We moved here at the same time and had great plans to do stuff together in our retirement. I watched him decline from early stage Parkinson's which you hardly noticed to a wheelchair ridden bag of bones in about five years. So sad to watch. He was my best friend. He passed about three years ago. Parkinson's affects different people in different ways of course. I've never heard that the climate here helps with that but I may be wrong.

**Apologies to anyone dealing with Parkinson's. It was not my intention to be a downer. It is a horrible condition to have or to watch someone have - and does not affect every person the same way.

Last edited:
I picked the wrong day to tell my wife I never look at other women

Can’t answer about changes in climate as it relates to Parkinson’s, but just wanted to chime in on it. My mom has Parkinson’s, and it’s a hard disease to deal with, but medication certainly helps. Also, my wife, an RN, suspects that I am exhibiting symptoms of Parkinson’s, as it can be hereditary.. I have noticed myself some of the same symptoms we first noticed with my mom several years ago, but have tried to ignore them. Guess I’m gonna have to face reality and discuss with the doc. Getting old sucks, but beats the alternative I guess.
My best friend has Parkinsons . It is a very difficult disease. He is in a wheel chair now. I remember when he could hit a ball a country mile and run like a deer.

My best friend has Parkinsons . It is a very difficult disease. He is in a wheel chair now. I remember when he could hit a ball a country mile and run like a deer.

Tell me about it. When we moved here my brother-in-law helped me move my furniture in. He was strict about going to the gym several times a week. By the end he couldn't even wipe his chin. He eventually became too embarrassed to go out in public. The saddest part was that his wife, my wife's sister, was embarrassed to take him out (and we think encouraged him not to go out). He was such a nice guy and she treated him like crap after he became helpless. So badly in fact that my wife has not spoken to her sister since his death three years ago (and she lived a mile away).

Good morning from ATX. Currently 61°F and clear. Our high may reach 88°F. It's possible our temps dip a few more degrees lower before sunrise.

Busy day yesterday, as a co-worker was out. Looking busy again today.

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design15.jpg

Good morning D league.

Happy to see Friday arrive. I’m on my walk and my breath is congealing in the cold —I can’t remember that happening this early in recent years. I headed out with just a light tee shirt on, and am regretting it. My weather app says it is 45. Feels colder.

I hope you all are doing well and have interesting weekend plans.

Good Friday morning D-League.

Waking up to another typical September day. It is 69° and the sun is rising by the minute. We will have sunny skies most all day as we head to a high of 83°with only a 3% chance of rain.

I trust all enjoyed their country ham and eggs. Breakfast remains my favorite meal of the day. I got myself on YouTube last night and ended up with The Traveling Wilburys. What a group that was. Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, Georgia Harrison and others. And for a time Roy Orbison until he died at a young age. I like End of The Line. It is alright.

Trust all have a nice day. Read Matthew 2

Good morning all. It's mid-40s now. Looks like a high of about 70.

Was debating if I wanted to mow today or tomorrow...or both. But it looks like rain tomorrow so that helps make up my mind. Just waiting now till the 'temp' tells me it's time to crank up the garden tractor.

Y'all have a good day.

A friend posted this online a few minutes ago. Seems appropriate to the Parkinson's discussion-

"A Feast of Tabernacles message from (Paul)

For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come."

We live purposefully, trusting in God to honor our faithfulness and give us a new body. This friend's grandmother had Parkinson's disease. I'm sure some of that knowledge went into this Fb post of theirs

Good morning all. It's mid-40s now. Looks like a high of about 70.

Was debating if I wanted to mow today or tomorrow...or both. But it looks like rain tomorrow so that helps make up my mind. Just waiting now till the 'temp' tells me it's time to crank up the garden tractor.

Y'all have a good day.

Was going to do that over the past few days but it never dries up enough to mow. Gonna be a long job by the time I can get it done. ...always plenty else to do in the meantime, but it's gettin out of hand

My mom has Parkinson’s, and it’s a hard disease to deal with, but medication certainly helps. Also, my wife, an RN, suspects that I am exhibiting symptoms of Parkinson’s, as it can be hereditary.. I have noticed myself some of the same symptoms we first noticed with my mom several years ago, but have tried to ignore them.
My grandfather had Parkinson's and now my brother. But none of my aunts/uncles on that side of the family had it and none of my cousins (and there is/was a lot of cousins). So, I know/read that it's hereditary...but at least in my family's case it skipped a generation. So maybe the odds are very, very small that someone gets it even though it's in the family. So hopefully it will do the same in yours.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 46° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring sunny skies and a high of 72°.

Everyone stay safe on this Friday

shutterstockRF_189863267.jpg
When we were there, I was surprised there was enough room between the canals & houses to both park & drive cars - as shown. Since both were built in pre-car times, figured houses would have been much closer to canal. Live & learn.

Morning Legionniares!

Cooler morning this morning and I really wanted to go fishing but, still taking care of my daughter. Will go out tomorrow though since my wife is off on weekends. Better tomorrow because the MIL and BIL are coming over so, as long as the weather is a bit cooler I can stay away longer.

Waking up to another typical September day. It is 69° and the sun is rising by the minute. We will have sunny skies most all day as we head to a high of 83°with only a 3% chance of rain.

I trust all enjoyed their country ham and eggs. Breakfast remains my favorite meal of the day. I got myself on YouTube last night and ended up with The Traveling Wilburys. What a group that was. Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, Georgia Harrison and others. And for a time Roy Orbison until he died at a young age. I like End of The Line. It is alright.

The guitar in the rocking chair is Roy's.

Good song for old farts like me as we are getting toward the "end of the line".

It is a wonderful morning here, 52.7°F on our way to 74°. It was 47°F when I got up a little before 6 am.

Bertfan, I don't like people who shoot in the 70's. I made that clear Saturday while I was drinking your whiskey! :)

I corresponded with Cordmaker yesterday afternoon. His leg is giving him fits. He ask me to tell you all he will be away for a few days.

I got my yard mowed yesterday. I mowed most of it two times to get rid of the windrows.

You all have a good day and keep Cordmaker in your thoughts.

My grandfather had Parkinson's and now my brother. But none of my aunts/uncles on that side of the family had it and none of my cousins (and there is/was a lot of cousins). So, I know/read that it's hereditary...but at least in my family's case it skipped a generation. So maybe the odds are very, very small that someone gets it even though it's in the family. So hopefully it will do the same in yours.
Parkinson's is one disease I could not find in my bloodline. Not a single one that I know of. We have had other issues, my father had kidney issues and was on dialysis when he died, mother was 95, lived alone and just went to sleep one night and did not wake up. I had a grandmother who was 90 that had breast cancer but it was not discovered until after she died. She did not go to doctors so it wasn't discovered. One grandfather was in his mid 80's and was breaking horses on Friday, had a heart attack on Saturday and died Sunday. My other grandfather fell victim to the Florida sun. He knew better than to be out there in the orange groves at high noon but his three sons were out of town and he had to do some work alone. He overdid it. He had mild rheumatism but nothing else that we knew of. Lesson learned, over do it in the sun and you can kill yourself.

We have had other issues in the family such as arthritis which crippled some of my aunts and lung cancer due to very heavy smoking. My uncle started smoking at age 6 and died of lung cancer when he was 74. Unfiltered Camels. I have severe stenosis which has been corrected through surgery and I lost a kidney due to cancer. But I am here this morning and feeling fine.

Good morning! Woke up in time for the start of the Jones show. Should be a good day since it got off to a good start. I woke up wide awake and it doesn't happen very often, so I'm going to take it as a good sign.

Golf today at 1600 but before then and now my day will feature dishes, mowing, and a load of laundry. Can't hardly wait to get started but somehow I've managed to put it all off. #dedication

I haven't visited Magnetic Tape's new store yet. How was it?
Seemed like less albums and more speakers than I remember at the old place. Parking is easier but still not cool because you have to back up next to Preston Hwy.
**Apologies to anyone dealing with Parkinson's. It was not my intention to be a downer. It is a horrible condition to have or to watch someone have - and does not affect every person the same way.
We deal with real life here. No need to apologize.
I hope you all are doing well and have interesting weekend plans.
We have no weekend plans. That's our plan.
I trust all enjoyed their country ham and eggs. Breakfast remains my favorite meal of the day.
I didn't eat any food yesterday until 1900.
Correlation does not imply causation

It is a wonderful morning here, 52.7°F on our way to 74°. It was 47°F when I got up a little before 6 am.

Bertfan, I don't like people who shoot in the 70's. I made that clear Saturday while I was drinking your whiskey! :)

I corresponded with Cordmaker yesterday afternoon. His leg is giving him fits. He ask me to tell you all he will be away for a few days.

I got my yard mowed yesterday. I mowed most of it two times to get rid of the windrows.

You all have a good day and keep Cordmaker in your thoughts.

Will do

Everyone needs his last album.

I am getting more "Home Sick" every day. All I have to do is watch the news for 5 minutes and I am ready to say "Goodbye World Goodbye"

And now the words

My older bro' and I were talking about the exact same thing just the other day.
Can't imagine being 25, 35, or 45 and looking at my future.

Home again. I had a good day but now I am officially disinterested until game time tomorrow. OK, pregame.

Saw Mayor Fisher on tv yesterday blaming everything that's wrong with Louisville on guns instead of on himself and people who think like he does. He lionized a drug dealer who shot a cop and vilified the cop for enforcing laws designed to keep decent society safe.

He allowed a wild pack of animals to destroy public and private property while he handcuffed the police who are paid to prevent such foolishness.

There are a myriad of problems in Louisville and there have been many for years. Which problems have been solved by Fisher? How many have been created? Rhetorical

Home again. I had a good day but now I am officially disinterested until game time tomorrow. OK, pregame.

Saw Mayor Fisher on tv yesterday blaming everything that's wrong with Louisville on guns instead of on himself and people who think like he does. He lionized a drug dealer who shot a cop and vilified the cop for enforcing laws designed to keep decent society safe.

He allowed a wild pack of animals to destroy public and private property while he handcuffed the police who are paid to prevent such foolishness.

There are a myriad of problems in Louisville and there have been many for years. Which problems have been solved by Fisher? How many have been created? Rhetorical
That bastard! He has a lot of blood on his hands. Can't stand the man. Louisville is sinking. Unproud resident.

The better half loves Costco. We used to drive 3 hours to Louisville to Costco. We would meet a customer with a delivery to help pay for the trip. We want no part of Louisville now. We go to Evansville instead.

Speaking about stereo equipment. I'm not claiming that I had a "golden ear" but I could pick out sounds better than most. Lifelong passion. Now, not so much. My hearing, especially in my left ear has let me down. I'm not ready for hearing aids! Still, I long for the days of clear music.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT