ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I'm not going to listen to the Jones show this week. I'm not going to go anywhere to read about the Cats this week. If I don't see it right here then I won't see it. I don't care at all what any of the talking heads have to say.

Whatever you do, don't go to Rafters. It is a bigger storm than Diego. lol

For some reason, players of the last 10-15 years do not use the board on close shots and I do not understand why. In traffic, it is darn hard to feather a shot over the rim, when all they have to do is bank it in. There are so many shots that bounce out, I just don't see why coaches do not insist that they bank close shots.

The old dudes at Whittaker Bank know what's up. They offer to give $100 dollars to charity each time we hit a bank shot.

Whatever you do, don't go to Rafters. It is a bigger storm than Diego. lol

If I were to go somewhere, that would be the last place.

For some reason, players of the last 10-15 years do not use the board on close shots and I do not understand why. In traffic, it is darn hard to feather a shot over the rim, when all they have to do is bank it in. There are so many shots that bounce out, I just don't see why coaches do not insist that they bank close shots.
I am not sure they teach that in AAU ball. Where is Mike Pratt when you need him? He was the King of the Bank Shot. We use to have lay up lines and no one was allowed to dunk the ball in the drill. Just kiss it off of the glass. Now they are within 2 feet of the basket and shoot it over the top of the rim. The game has changed.

I am not sure they teach that in AAU ball. Where is Mike Pratt when you need him? He was the King of the Bank Shot. We use to have lay up lines and no one was allowed to dunk the ball in the drill. Just kiss it off of the glass. Now they are within 2 feet of the basket and shoot it over the top of the rim. The game has changed.

And not for the better. Watch any game and count how many close shots bounce out, when 90% of them would have gone in, off the glass.

You could dunk? That was never an option for me unfortunately.

Still bummed about that game. At least UL lost BUT to IU. Bittersweet.

Daughter's 13th birthday was today and we were suppose to go to Dave and Buster's (her request) in OKC. Weather said no! So, we stayed home and I gave her this present with the other ones.

First 2 are of the one I made for my daughter. The next 2 are for the neighbors kids (their father too lazy to come out). The last picture is of our house.
If you can make the picture larger of the first snowman you can see my reflection in his left eye (right one as you are looking at it).

UP2749-01jvc.jpg

Fundamental shortcomings and stupid plays are getting tiresome
They're still, for the most part, very young. My fault for expecting a faster paste for Quickley's point adjustment. Quade, Immanuel, Tyler & Ashton are tremendous players but have not yet developed the interpersonal cohesion they need for the offense to flow through the teams hottest players. I suspect they'll get there. As always with Cal, it's a sprint to March. Exciting stuff.

Good Sunday morning D-League.
Currently 70°F with clear skies but that is changing. Winds are 12 mph and thunderstorms are moving in. The high today will be 73 at 10:00 AM then it will start dropping into the 60's.

I woke up this morning hoping the score had changed overnight but unfortunately it did not. If things don't change quickly and the shots don't start falling we are in for a rocky road this season in basketball.

Time to get ready for church and be thankful the Good Lord gave me another day on this earth and count my blessings. Everyone take care and keep the faith.

32.0°F and rainy, so hopefully it will not get to the freezing point. I am praying for slightly warmer temperature than 32. I would prefer 35 or so.

This Kentucky team has not got it yet. Green has become a turn over machine. Travis can't hit close in shots. Herro can't shoot yet. Montgomery did not show up.

With Auburn and Tennessee looking good I suggest Kentucky will have more than 10 losses. I hope and pray that I am wrong.

Some of those 3's were guarded about as good as you can guard, dude just hit the shots. We knew he was their biggest threat and I think we played tighter on him than normal. None of that would have mattered though if we would have made more of those put backs from 3 feet and in.

Seems to me like they would have cut way down on turnovers by now.

Way too many fouls are called in today's game for incidental contact. It didn't affect the play and didn't give anyone an advantage. Why stop the game? Another sticking point for me is rewarding the offensive player for flinging his body into a defender. If the offensive player initiates the contact then the foul should be on the offense.

Seems to me like they would have cut way down on turnovers by now.
  • Turnovers
  • Banking the close-in shots
  • 3 point shooting isn't going to get better
  • We have been out-hustled all season
  • Out of bounds plays. That is a basic fundamental of the game.
If we improve TOs, close-in shots, hustle, out of bounds plays under our basket, we win the game.

ADVERTISEMENT