ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

If there is a medical school within driving distance of you, see if they have an affiliation with a school of dentistry. The students do the work but are under constant supervision. Sometimes the professor will do the work him/herself just to keep qualified. The cost is half that of a licensed dentist. Just plan on taking extra time to have the work done
I was thinking about something like that.

Our School of Dentistry seeks out patients these days. Routine cleaning and X-rays are basically free for employees since they accept the State dental plan with no copay . But since it's a teaching hospital too, the procedures take longer. Look into what is in your area. My crown would have cost me $800 at my dentist. The CDM did it for $127 (the wholesale cost of the crown)

Our School of Dentistry seeks out patients these days. Routine cleaning and X-rays are basically free for employees since they accept the State dental plan with no copay . But since it's a teaching hospital too, the procedures take longer. Look into what is in your area. My crown would have cost me $800 at my dentist. The CDM did it for $127 (the wholesale cost of the crown)
Thanks.

Ok Don et all, indian story. Back 77 when I was on the Colorado plateau searching for nesting Golden Eagle and Prairie Falcons. The sun was starting to set and I found myself standing on the corner in Winslow Arizona, no girl in a bright red Ford, so I grabbed a couple of burgers, wolfed them down and thought I'd have a beer or two at local watering hole called the Brown Barn. There was a decent crowd of cowboys and indians (Navajos and Hopis). I started shooting pool with a local puncher and he grinned with twisted smirk and told me this is gonna be fun. I just thought oh gawd another strange cowpoke. Anyway ordered a round for myself and new compadre and he nodded toward a table across the bar and all hell broke loose. It appears that the Navajo and Hopi don't mix well. The, the brawl went on for about 15 minutes with lots cussing punches, busted bottles, a little blood and lots of spilled beer. I thought this is interesting, definitely not boring. Then the Winslow police showed up (mostly Indian) and proceeded to beat the hell out of these guys. I thought, self, dang, glad I'm not part this free for all. Just as everything started to calm. The poor indians wobbling in their stupor. I don't how many but 10 or 12 pick-ups pulled up out front. I didn't count 'em but a herd of tatonka 15 or 20 strong stormed the place scaring the bejeebers out of me. Those women beat the holy piss out of these guys again, worse than ever. Hauled their drunk carcasses out the door, tossed their bloody butts into the truck beds and hauled them off into the dark. That cowboy still, grinning ordered, us another round and said "Every Friday night, best show in Town. Still in shock, I sat calmly beside him on the barstools and wondered WTF did I just witness . . . and I started grinning too.

Last edited:
86°F ➛ 112°F Good Morning & TGIF
sunrise-over-the-mountains.jpg

eed708cf0288035849be559f8f2b973d.jpg

Ok Don et all, indian story. Back 77 when I was on the Colorado plateau searching for nesting Golden Eagle and Prairie Falcons. The sun was starting to set and I found myself standing on the corner in Winslow Arizona, no girl in a bright red Ford, so I grabbed a couple of burgers, wolfed them down and thought I'd have a beer or two at local watering hole called the Brown Barn. There was a decent crowd of cowboys and indians (Navajos and Hopis). I started shooting pool with a local puncher and he grinned with twisted smirk and told me this is gonna be fun. I just thought oh gawd another strange cowpoke. Anyway ordered a round for myself and new compadre and he nodded toward a table across the bar and all hell broke loose. It appears that the Navajo and Hopi don't mix well. The, the brawl went on for about 15 minutes with lots cussing punches, busted bottles, a little blood and lots of spilled beer. I thought this is interesting, definitely not boring. Then the Winslow police showed up (mostly Indian) and proceeded to beat the hell out of these guys. I thought, self, dang, glad I'm not part this free for all. Just as everything started to calm. The poor indians wobbling in their stupor. I don't how many but 10 or 12 pick-ups pulled up out front. I didn't count 'em but a herd of tatonka 15 or 20 strong stormed the place scaring the bejeebers out of me. Those women beat the holy piss out of these guys again, worse than ever. Hauled their drunk carcasses out the door, tossed their bloody butts into the truck beds and hauled them off into the dark. That cowboy still, grinning ordered, us another round and said "Every Friday night, best show in Town. Still in shock, I sat calmly beside him on the barstools and wondered WTF did I just witness . . . and I started grinning too.
Rooster, that was a fine story.

• Good Morning, D-Leagueans & Oasiseanites,
  • 73º this morning. Sun's out. VFR. Puddles on the deck.
  • Great Indian story.
  • Years ago we bonded out a seven foot Cherokee Indian a few times for getting drunk. He never gave us any trouble. He was from North Carolina. He lived on aa reservation up there.
  • The Johns Creek Police have been working a speeding detail trying to get the drivers to not speed on the secondary road. It is a 35mph zone and some of the speeders go 50-70.
  • Lola is stuck inside because of the wetness. Rules you know.
  • Friday again. Two more days to go.
  • Be safe in your travels.
  • Take care.
  • Carry on.

Quick Indian story...

Played basketball for a year at a JUCO in eastern Montana(that's how good I was...), Glendive was the name of the town.
Played a team full of Native Americans....I remember two names. Barney Smart Enemy & Les Lefthand
Les Lefthand shot right handed & Barney SE shot left handed...
Not sure what tribe...maybe Crow? It was a long time ago.
An eye opener for a kid from Southern Indiana...glad I went, good experience.

My first experience with the Northern prairie Indians in Montana occurred at a trading post just inside the US near the Canadian border. It was right after they had gotten their federal checks. They were all drunk, some had passed out.

The white guy running the place said they would stay there drinking until they ran out of money. I feel sorry for those Indians, no life.

GM, D! Big night for the cats. I really love watching the draft.

I think the Sacramento Kings are becoming a better franchise and not making stupid decisions as often as they used to. Willy, Skal, and DeAron are a nice group of cats.

Monk was a heck of a pickup at 11 for Charlotte. Awful team and franchise, but they did real good bringing in Dwight Howard and Monk. MKG and Monk are two of my all time favorites. I will go watch them if they come to Indiana.

The Phoenix Wildcats got a lot of help with Josh Jackson. Heck of a player, and just what they needed. Devin and Eric and Tyler and Brandon must be happy...but some of y'all gotta go. I believe Tyler can and should be the floor general eventually, but Eric is a heck of a player right now and I think if you could get a lot for him, you should do that. I think they want to get something out of Brandon Knight, but don't think he'd command a lot in exchange for his services. Idk, they need to start dealing. Just rack up some potential picks like Boston has done.

Big Karl Towns is super happy. He got a legit top tier NBA teammate in Jimmy Butler to help his team make some noise. That's a nice squad.

Luke Kennard sucks and Detroit made an awful pick at #12, but he had the prettiest table of women I've seen in a long time. All blonde and beautiful.

Bam joined a great young big man in Miami with Hassan Whiteside. They had the best record in the east during the second half of the season, which surprised the heck out of me. They're doing something right, I guess. Great pick at #14 I believe.....

...lot better than damn Luke Kennard...who might be the only player ever drafted who's wingspan was shorter than his height? Glad those beautiful women in his life love him because i sure do not.

Someone got Caleb Swanigan near the end of the first. I thought that was a good pick. Idk. He's not a super athletic guy, but he's just a basketball player. I thought Draymond Green sucked and would not be able to be good in the pros, but look at him, he's just a basketball player. I also didn't know Swanigan weighed 360 pounds in middle school, attended 13 schools in 13 years, and was homeless for stretches of time. He was adopted by someone and found himself. What an amazing story. I certainly would have drafted him before Luke Kennard.

Have a good day.

I don't know any Indians, but knew a ton of people that said they were 1/8 cherokee and stuff like that. I don't think I am, but idk. I like animals and respect the earth. Love corn. I've smoked a peace pipe, or two. I love Last of The Mohicans. Great movie.

GM, D! Big night for the cats. I really love watching the draft.

I think the Sacramento Kings are becoming a better franchise and not making stupid decisions as often as they used to. Willy, Skal, and DeAron are a nice group of cats.

Monk was a heck of a pickup at 11 for Charlotte. Awful team and franchise, but they did real good bringing in Dwight Howard and Monk. MKG and Monk are two of my all time favorites. I will go watch them if they come to Indiana.

The Phoenix Wildcats got a lot of help with Josh Jackson. Heck of a player, and just what they needed. Devin and Eric and Tyler and Brandon must be happy...but some of y'all gotta go. I believe Tyler can and should be the floor general eventually, but Eric is a heck of a player right now and I think if you could get a lot for him, you should do that. I think they want to get something out of Brandon Knight, but don't think he'd command a lot in exchange for his services. Idk, they need to start dealing. Just rack up some potential picks like Boston has done.

Big Karl Towns is super happy. He got a legit top tier NBA teammate in Jimmy Butler to help his team make some noise. That's a nice squad.

Luke Kennard sucks and Detroit made an awful pick at #12, but he had the prettiest table of women I've seen in a long time. All blonde and beautiful.

Bam joined a great young big man in Miami with Hassan Whiteside. They had the best record in the east during the second half of the season, which surprised the heck out of me. They're doing something right, I guess. Great pick at #14 I believe.....

...lot better than damn Luke Kennard...who might be the only player ever drafted who's wingspan was shorter than his height? Glad those beautiful women in his life love him because i sure do not.

Someone got Caleb Swanigan near the end of the first. I thought that was a good pick. Idk. He's not a super athletic guy, but he's just a basketball player. I thought Draymond Green sucked and would not be able to be good in the pros, but look at him, he's just a basketball player. I also didn't know Swanigan weighed 360 pounds in middle school, attended 13 schools in 13 years, and was homeless for stretches of time. He was adopted by someone and found himself. What an amazing story. I certainly would have drafted him before Luke Kennard.

Have a good day.

I don't know any Indians, but knew a ton of people that said they were 1/8 cherokee and stuff like that. I don't think I am, but idk. I like animals and respect the earth. Love corn. I've smoked a peace pipe, or two. I love Last of The Mohicans. Great movie.
Yeah, but you didn't say nothing about Mama or getting drunk or pickup trucks or trains.

I have no AI blood in me at all.

Jones show is on, they're in Owensboro.

Cal is going to be on the show in the second hour. I'll let you know what he says but at this point I think we all know. Players first, changing families, brothers keeper etc...Wait! What?

Katina said that the parties were LOUD and there is no way people didn't know what was going on. She said Andre would kick people out of their rooms so a recruit could get with one of the chicks. She said they had a bar set up but that she didn't allow her daughters to drink and she didn't drink either. There's your line.

Doing laundry and listening to tunes. Waiting on the rain they promised me.

Thinking about the rain and I remembered this little ditty. One of the first albums I ever played on a stereo. Was probably 5 or 6. We didn't have youtube at our house.

ADVERTISEMENT