ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

835054034_624.jpg

Tiak O'khata
welcomesign.jpg

I just finished my shower and shave. Usually it is a 30 minute deal, but with a walker it turns into a 45 marathon.

Cloudy here, rain is in the forecast.

I actually enjoyed Trumps talk last night. That is his element. He is a genuine ass hole, but I am one myself so I love ass holes. I like the way he makes his points. He is direct and takes no prisoners.

On the American Indian front; I looked up hoka hey and that lead me to one of the Indian propaganda pages about the American holocaust. I got mad. The idea that Europeans killed tens of millions of Indians is pure stupidity. When Boone first got to Kentucky there was only one Indian settlement "Old Fields" (near Richmond today). There were less than 1,100 Shawnees. The Cherokees did not have a village. Sure wish folks would study real history a little instead of propaganda put out by the American Indian Movement.

The holocaust of the American Indian was when the Western Indians got the bow and arrow technology and killed out the Adena Culture (the mounds builders) which was 100 or more years before Columbus.

Image was Indian humor.

WhiteBuffaloCalfWoman.jpg

White Buffalo Calf Woman is also known as Pte Ska Win or Ptesanwi. Her story seems to be centered in Lakota mythology, but other Native Americans also have legends about her. She is traditionally known as an individual who brings messages from the ancestors, but she has also been regarded as a healer who comes to help during critical situations. White Buffalo Calf Woman brings inspiration, strength, and the power of creation. Moreover, modern Native Americans provide interesting connections between the legends of White Buffalo Calf Woman and Christianity.

Agree 100%. That is a very serious problem plus both parents working all of the time.

Gotta make money so you can pay others to parent your kids now. Have you seen daycare prices? I haven't, but I heard it's like a house payment.

Had two sociology professors (woman and a man, no idea political beliefs, they were professional...) explain how women wanting to be like men, and men like women, were detrimental to society. It's just nature. A mother animal does such and such, and the male animal does such and such because that's how nature works. That's in your genes. Somewhere along the line humans decided they were not part of nature, they were better than nature, and that's our downfall. That's always stuck with me, and the main theme of "humans above nature" applies to many things. It's sad, really.

But none of that matters, fact is we created our own nature, our own rules, and you can either get with it, or get lost.

I checked out the weather forecast and it looks like Cindy will be paying us a visit soon.

I've been waiting a long time for this!!!!! Since I was about 10!!!!

iu

Same result! KMA!

...lol, I guess Tyler gets paid to play ball, so I should have known. Actually respected his hustle, but man I hated his stupid face, and he benefited a lot from flailing into defenders and getting bs calls.

Bert, You said your part Indian. I'm purely guessing but in your neck of the woods, I'm thinking, John Rich son of William Rich and Lucy Lee. pioneers of Edmondson Co. If so, have some interesting info. John Rich is also my 3rd great grandfather.

John Rich is my 3rd great grandfather also. The fellow that I told you that got killed in the plains was David M.C. Edwards (my 2nd great grandfather), who married John Rich's daughter Sarah Jane (my 2nd great grandmother).

Dave Edwards was in the 6th Kentucky Brigade (the orphan brigade). Came home from the civil war wounded and later left for Utah, never to be seen again.

The Higginbotham's got to this area about 1804 and John Elmore's family in 1783.

Bert I've linked some information concerning the children of William Rich and Cherokee mother Polly Hooker. I believe this is the likely source of our shared Cherokee ancestry and strong evidence to support that likelihood. By no means is this confirmed fact but it's stronger than anything I've seen from our Tennessee relatives that he's not. Are William Rich Jr. son of William & Polly & William Rich father of John Rich ⌄the same person?

Timothy Rich Link
Estes (John Rich) Link

Last edited:
Went to dentist this morning. I've been going there for 30 years. I wasted $262.00 for x-rays and measuring my 74 year old gums. The estimate that they gave me is about $8,800.00. That doesn't fit my budget at all. My old dentist retired and sold his practice. I don't know many of the folks left there. I think I'm going to look around and get another estimate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT