ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Kinvaders_zpsse3cq5vk.gif
Out touching standing. You really should find a way to put this on a resume.

ATC...Get well soon.

55...great job on that swing. Can't wait to see the finished product with the blue roof.

Funkycat's resume...

- Resident D-League Photoshop Wizard
- Founder of the D-League School of GIF Wizardry & Other Cool Interwebz Related Stuff
- Master Level Black Belt in Haiku Poetry
- Part time old school rap aficionado
- Top Target for #TeamNoSympathy
- Part time teacher on full salary with a Masters in A/V Teaching Methods: Movies, Games & Other Ways To Keep Your Students Busy While You Post In The D

Had to take little bit and get a shot this morning for her poison ivy. Crap. She threw a fit. They sprayed some stuff on before the shot to numb the area. She didn't even know when they actually gave the shot. Oh the joy of parenthood. Wife is at work so I bravely carried the load.

Willy I will get a shot of the garden but have to get help from one of my teenagers. No big deal to them. I'm a little challenged in that area, you know, still playing my 8-tracks.

Yea, it's Friday. Happy Friday to all my friends....and others as well. FCC.

Reactions: UKGrad93
I hate R.E.M. (the group, not the sleep-phase). Not as viscerally as I hate Brice Sproingstine, but the REM hate is still pretty stout.*

Except for one snippet of one song...the solo to The One I Love, specifically the first part of the solo where the intro is repeated three times. Can't really explain it, but it kinda rocks.

Well yesterday I turned to Lithium (the Sirius channel, not the metallic, anti-psychotic drug/element) and, lo and behold... JACKPOT!!! -- The One I Love was playing and it was right before the solo as Stipe was plaintively wailing his second "FI-YAHHHHHHHH."

In other words, I didn't have to listen to any of the pre-sappiness whining about lost love (like love really exists anyway), I could go right into the guitar. And, because my satellite receiver is aftermarket, it has a rewind/replay feature. Win-Win. I looped that mother-toucher over and over about 15 times.

*This hatred stems from having to listen to some of my pseudo-intellectual/pussified optom school classmates go on and on about the deep and insightful lyrics of REM (except, curiously, for Shiny Happy People) and how I was a knuckle-draggin Neanderthal hillbilly for liking harder rock. Looking back I can't believe I wasted even one second of my life arguing about whether Peter Buck or Slash was a better guitarist. Good friggin gosh.

Wanted the Bengals to draft Bud Dupree but instead we drafted a lineman we could've got in the second or third who is injured and limped to the podium. Steelers took Bud with next pick.

Like for the REM hate.

I despise them. I've always hated Michael Stipe's voice and I just think they are egregiously overrated in general. They just ain't for me.

Reactions: maverick1
Like for the REM hate.

I despise them. I've always hated Michael Stipe's voice and I just think they are egregiously overrated in general. They just ain't for me.

Absofrigginlutely.

Friggin-a-right.

Stand in the place where you work,
now face north...

Reactions: Willy4UK
Wanna get rid of that nasty REM after-taste? Here's a little palate-cleanser...

Randy Rhoads playing scales teabags Peter Buck's best solos.

Reactions: -LEK-
Tough crowd (the R.E.M. posts). Agree totally, tho. In my 20s/30s, I gave them a listen when they put something new out. Now in my 50s....no.

Never bought any of their music, but they were about as 'alternative' as we got on the SW side of Lex-Vegas. Big following amongst the middle-middle-class teenagers in my neck of the woods. They were a gateway band to Dave Matthews too, about whom I'll not share my thoughts until everyone else chimes in.

Reactions: Buddy-The-Elf
Never bought any of their music, but they were about as 'alternative' as we got on the SW side of Lex-Vegas. Big following amongst the middle-middle-class teenagers in my neck of the woods. They were a gateway band to Dave Matthews too, about whom I'll not share my thoughts until everyone else chimes in.
hahaha

Reactions: maverick1
I always envied people who were fans of DMB. I wanted to be able to have that level of DGAF-edness in my life to be able to just sit back and chill to a band like that and not have a care in the world.

I did love Ants Marching. 'Twas my jam.

Reactions: Buddy-The-Elf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT