ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

1960_Summer_Olympics_logo.png

Just picked up good seats for Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers with opener Joe Walsh here in Nashville in April. Two of my all-time favorites in one concert. (And grabbed two tickets to see the Cats play Vandy at Memorial in January.) Another fantastic small venue concert goes on sale in an hour---hopefully it won't sell out.

:cool2:

Ha ha, I was 16 years old. Ah, the good old days.

The special effects for Close Encounters were awesome.
makes you the same age as my hubby :)

I thought they were amazing - really if you think about it, all these effects before CGI were amazing because of the amount of work that went into it. Kids dismiss it as cheesy now, but really - it was pretty incredible.
Just like anyone could watch effects done by Ray Harryhausen - and think them ridiculous, but the sheer amount of time and effort that went into his work is mind boggling.

Wife got one of those "Echo" things at work today. Opened the box but that's as far as I've made it. According to the commercials our lives are now forever changed. Instead of going through all the trouble of looking at my phone for the weather, I can now just ask Alexa. Instead of typing a song into youtube, I can just tell Alexa to play it for me. This thing could literally save me seconds per day.

ADVERTISEMENT