ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Current temperature is 73°F and mostly cloudy. Warming up to 89°F later today.

Took part of yesterday off from these boards. Reading same stuff over and over regarding latest recruits got old. Stayed up late night before watching Cats vs Cards baseball game Needed a break.

Wishing y'all an awesome Thursday.

ARRL_WARD_Logo_1080x1080_English.jpg

Ever piss on your toes? When there are no meds available it is "supposed" to help athletes foot\ toe fungus.
No, but I have probably pissed them off though. Back when I was on DI status, after me and my now ex-wife split, I was practicing Martial Arts, and playing softball on 5 different teams. Unit level team, Battalion level team, Men's team downtown, coed team downtown, and church league downtown. Between being a Drill instructor, doing Martial Arts, running a lot each morning, and playing softball almost every day, my feet/toes were probably pissed.

Last edited:
No, but I have probably pissed them off though. Back when I was on DI status, after me and my now ex-wife split, I was practicing Martial Arts, and playing softball on 5 different teams. Unit level team, Battalion level team, Men's team downtown, coed team downtown, and church league downtown. Between being a Drill instructor, doing Martial Arts, running a lot each morning, and playing softball almost every day, my feet/toes were probably pissed.

Better pissed off than...

Good morning all,

Working from home today. Next week Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and the following Monday and Tuesday we are heading south to Gainesville. My grand daughters first birthday. My family plans to be there, not my whole family but My Darling, my children and all my grandchildren.

Been able to facetime some with my grandbabies from Gainesville now that they are getting older. Just enjoyable..

When I get back, I will have two days to do whatever is needed at work (Am doing most things now.), then I will be off to my new job... I am thankful... but, busy busy...

I have three more years in mind but who knows except the Lord. I will do my best.

Good morning everyone. Hope all is well.

Great time at the lake.....just tired. My wife and I both managed to get our limit of gobblers (2 each). We doubled on two yesterday morning on our own property to finish out the season. I also managed to catch 2 keeper stripers and get some work done. I only had one rough day after getting less than 2 hours sleep between fishing at night and getting up early to hunt.

I didn't get to watch the Pope Pep Rally or follow along much but did hear about a BYU commit coming to UK. I may have time to catch up with all that tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning everyone. Hope all is well.

Great time at the lake.....just tired. My wife and I both managed to get our limit of gobblers (2 each). We doubled on two yesterday morning on our own property to finish out the season. I also managed to catch 2 keeper stripers and get some work done. I only had one rough day after getting less than 2 hours sleep between fishing at night and getting up early to hunt.

I didn't get to watch the Pope Pep Rally or follow along much but did hear about a BYU commit coming to UK. I may have time to catch up with all that tomorrow.

Be sure and watch it, it will kick start your love for Kentucky!!

So I took a close look at our smaller aloe vera plant today & marveled how healthy it looks. It does have a really nice shape too. Lots of growth, multiple "blooms"??, very erect.

Thing is, about 12-18 months ago I saw like a three short "branches"? piece with a few roots lying under a tree of ours. DW wife said she'd thrown it & the rest of it out some 2-3 months earlier. Why you ask? Beats me. But it was still green. So I brought it in & modestly planted it and now viola!

Really tolerant of owner abuse. Maybe it's like me & why I like it.

Won't even go into my taxes this year, just whew...
I had to do mine over.
Careful for what you wish young man.....they can't be any worse that United Health Care......it took three years for them to release me from the Director's work policy and then the company that handled their company benefits with held the $300+ for three pay periods......$1,000 and she never got reimbursed for it....Kindred sold out the new bunch had a new benefits provider.......I told her to steal 1K of mask and gloves but she wouldn't.........
United provide services for GEHA when I was a FED and they fear us old FEDs.
Very sorry for your loss @MdWIldcat55
Glad you could all get together though, and hope it's many more years before you lose anyone else close to you.
Ditto
Ever piss on your toes? When there are no meds available it is "supposed" to help athletes foot\ toe fungus.
Yes but it was not my intent.
So I took a close look at our smaller aloe vera plant today & marveled how healthy it looks. It does have a really nice shape too. Lots of growth, multiple "blooms"??, very erect.

Thing is, about 12-18 months ago I saw like a three short "branches"? piece with a few roots lying under a tree of ours. DW wife said she'd thrown it & the rest of it out some 2-3 months earlier. Why you ask? Beats me. But it was still green. So I brought it in & modestly planted it and now viola!

Really tolerant of owner abuse. Maybe it's like me & why I like it.
See previous post
Hey folks,

I wanted to share the sad news that my mother passed away on Wednesday. We had a lovely service on Saturday, just the family of her five children, ten grandchildren and four great grandchildren. Everyone made it but one great-grandson who had just shipped out to Hawaii on his first post-boot camp assignment with the Marines. My kids and grandkids all converged from DC, Texas and Kansas City.

My mother grew up poor in Bracken County. She had a simple but noble vision for her life from early on, to love and care for my father and their children and to expand that caring to anyone else in our town who needed it. And she succeeded in every possible way.

She died peacefully, and with the faith that we’ll all be reunited someday. It’s toughest on my father but we are all struggling to deal with the loss.
0WQvUYFM_b.jpg

How's everybody doing? Good I hope.

@cordmaker ... I made your slow cooker chicken/noodle on Sunday that you posted a few years ago. Have made it a number of times. Everybody here loves it. The Mrs. asked me....'now who gave you this recipe?'. So I told her. She said 'make sure you thank him and tell him how good it is'.

Carry on guys.
Don't be such a stranger
Great-Seal-300x253.jpg

YOU ARE MISSED

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 69°F and cloudy. Today's high may max out at 73°F. Rain predicted for tomorrow.

Vols visit Wildcats for a 3-game series starting tonight, 6:30 pm, at Kentucky Proud Park. Baseball team currently ranked #3 in country, Vols ranked #2. Looking at a battle. Games broadcast on SEC+

Go Cats!

Happy Friday, y'all.

rice-ball-day-design-template-e6d9f20f2bb40548d3782ff044a5900a_screen.jpg

Good morning everyone.

Our group hike was cancelled due to the rain today. That will give me time to catch up on some things in the house. I've weedeated a lot since returning from the lake and feel like I've got all that needed immediate attention. I feel sore too.

I don't do this on forums often, but I'm proud of this one. On our own property at the lake. You can finally see who you're dealing with. There's 80 years of turkey hunting experience in this pic and I have 36 of them. She taught me how to turkey hunt even though I've been a hunter since the age of 10. No turkeys when/where I grew up. So, drum roll................

438102483_10212172267858930_7306393773332243799_n.jpg

Good morning folks. Finally lost the good weather in the east for at least a while. Cold, gray and rainy today. I hope the weekend is better.

It has been a long week for various reasons. Obviously still lots of periods of sadness over mom. And my dad sounds like he's struggling when I call. Just gotta keep moving ahead.

Looking forward to a long-scheduled trip to Texas next week to see my son, his work at the USFW station at Inks Dam outside Austin, and hit some sights in Hill Country. I read about a museum to the Pacific War in Fredericksburg that sounds interesting, and we may drive through LBJ's ranch.

FIrst, another day to get some stuff done at work.

Have a good day, everyone.

Good morning everyone.

Our group hike was cancelled due to the rain today. That will give me time to catch up on some things in the house. I've weedeated a lot since returning from the lake and feel like I've got all that needed immediate attention. I feel sore too.

I don't do this on forums often, but I'm proud of this one. On our own property at the lake. You can finally see who you're dealing with. There's 80 years of turkey hunting experience in this pic and I have 36 of them. She taught me how to turkey hunt even though I've been a hunter since the age of 10. No turkeys when/where I grew up. So, drum roll................

438102483_10212172267858930_7306393773332243799_n.jpg

Dang, I thought you said two turkeys... I see three and a nice lady... 😁

Good morning all,

Busy, busy, my regular day off, only one more of these with this agency... My Darling had a wisdom tooth pulled today and will get an implant at some point. I wish I could have taken the pain for her.

Going out now to get her antibiotics...I guess that is what they are called...

Prepping this weekend for our trip to Florida next Thursday. Lots and lots to do..

God Bless you all and your families in the D-League...

Good morning folks. Finally lost the good weather in the east for at least a while. Cold, gray and rainy today. I hope the weekend is better.

It has been a long week for various reasons. Obviously still lots of periods of sadness over mom. And my dad sounds like he's struggling when I call. Just gotta keep moving ahead.

Looking forward to a long-scheduled trip to Texas next week to see my son, his work at the USFW station at Inks Dam outside Austin, and hit some sights in Hill Country. I read about a museum to the Pacific War in Fredericksburg that sounds interesting, and we may drive through LBJ's ranch.

Sorry to hear about your Mom Md. I knew you had not been on much before I went to the lake but figured you were tired of RR during the coach search. Prayers for your Dad and the rest of the family.

I must've missed the sad news about your mom.......my condolences to you and your family......

ADVERTISEMENT