ADVERTISEMENT

CWS field:

Tskware

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2003
If Florida beats Wake Forest, won't that make 6 of the 8 teams in the CWS national seeds? If so, have to say the NCAA did a pretty good job of seeding. And even if Wake wins, they were a Regional host as well, not like they are a Cinderella team either.

I guess the beef fans would have is that one of those two missing spots could be argued was deservingly UKs. I am not sure UK was playing well enough to win a super anyways - but that's tough to say.

Last edited:
Florida would make it 5/8. But I don't think results are a good indicator of how well the committee did in a sport like baseball - it's just too unpredictable over the course of a short series.

College Baseball really is different than basketball in that regard; if you apply the rationale they did their job there, you'd have to say that since 11 of the last 13 champs came from outside the National Seed pool they failed. I don't think it's that cut and dried. Those short series you have to scratch and claw your way to Omaha and the tension level and stress on fundamental execution goes up exponentially.

ADVERTISEMENT