ADVERTISEMENT

Cutter Boley

This is true but Boley plays in a high school gimmick offense too. Which begs the question of what he projects to in college. He appears to have ability but there’s likely going to be some competition questions as he goes along before coming out. But assuming he sticks with his plan to go to a prep school his senior year of high school those will be answered at a later date. He reclassified a few years ago and was originally a 2024
It's a fair point and I believe Beau Allen was a blue chip prospect from the same system and couldn't find his way on the field in our pro set.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
It's a fair point and I believe Beau Allen was a blue chip prospect from the same system and couldn't find his way on the field in our pro set.
Yes. Both based upon the Tony Franklin hs system. I think the new lexcath coach has moved away from that but that’s after Allen was out of there.

Reactions: satcheluk
To whomever typed it-
Levis is NOT "getting drafted on measurables" you freaking ignorant git.

Before Levis set foot on UKs campus he wasn't getting drafted. He was a backup destined for a running QB based offensive set at PSU, AND NOT seeing the field. He was pegged and couldn't get unpegged until he came TO UK and excelled in Coen's first year.

THAT IS WHEN HE WAS MADE INTO A POSSIBLE FIRST ROUND PICK. His commitment, leadership, and playing through adversity THIS year moved him up into the first round in mock drafts.

I don't really care what offense a kid runs in HS if he has the leadership ability, work ethic, coachability, knowledge of the game, arm strength, escapability, ability to throw accurately from the pocket and on the run, and can go through progressions quickly and make good/quick decisions with the ball in his hands. If he doesn't have all of those things but the staff thinks he has the ability to acquire those traits, I'm good with their decision to bring in that QB.

"Gimmick offense" doesn't mean sht about a player's potential, and it's completely out of their control what offense their HS runs. It's a dick move to label a kid based on what offense their coach decides to use.

Not if Boley is better. The Vols will send him packing if he is not a superstar.

Also, Boley and the 8M dollar man will only be on the roster together for one year.

Players like Boley will go to UT or Bama and sit 4 years to play 1, yet will hit the transfer portal in year 1 at UK if they don't get to start right away.

Just the way it is.
Boley may go to UT but these QB are almost never staying behind guys now. It may change but look at all the QBs in the portal. A TON of QBs are leaving to get playing time.

To whomever typed it-
Levis is NOT "getting drafted on measurables" you freaking ignorant git.

Before Levis set foot on UKs campus he wasn't getting drafted. He was a backup destined for a running QB based offensive set at PSU, AND NOT seeing the field. He was pegged and couldn't get unpegged until he came TO UK and excelled in Coen's first year.

THAT IS WHEN HE WAS MADE INTO A POSSIBLE FIRST ROUND PICK. His commitment, leadership, and playing through adversity THIS year moved him up into the first round in mock drafts.
The Levis story is really stunning...from unheralded Penn St backup to sure-fire NFL first rounder at UK. Reflects very well on Levis and UK coaches, much to the chagrin of some within and outside the UK fan base. Nothing but a positive for UK football.

I don't really care what offense a kid runs in HS if he has the leadership ability, work ethic, coachability, knowledge of the game, arm strength, escapability, ability to throw accurately from the pocket and on the run, and can go through progressions quickly and make good/quick decisions with the ball in his hands. If he doesn't have all of those things but the staff thinks he has the ability to acquire those traits, I'm good with their decision to bring in that QB.

"Gimmick offense" doesn't mean sht about a player's potential, and it's completely out of their control what offense their HS runs. It's a dick move to label a kid based on what offense their coach decides to use.
Please. Nobody is labeling him. He has ability and height for vision so he has a ton going for him. It’s just that some schools that may have another top level guy or two as options may have fewer questions with those guys than a guy that plays 2A KY football with even a quirkier version of spread offense. No reason for you to be offended for him. As I mentioned, he’s already said he’s going to a prep school his senior year so those concerns will be answered more but the question is whether he’ll already be committed to someone or not by then.

Please. Nobody is labeling him. He has ability and height for vision so he has a ton going for him. It’s just that some schools that may have another top level guy or two as options may have fewer questions with those guys than a guy that plays 2A KY football with even a quirkier version of spread offense. No reason for you to be offended for him. As I mentioned, he’s already said he’s going to a prep school his senior year so those concerns will be answered more but the question is whether he’ll already be committed to someone or not by then.
Sensible. No coach ever gets a finished product when he signs a hs prospect. Coaches are in the probability assessment business. The college football experience is always a learning process. Each college football coaching staff runs its own system. Each coaching staff evaluates prospects on its list and offers scholarships to prospects they believe they can develop in their system. Each staff looks for attributes, whether it is length, strength, quickness, intelligence, history of hs success, or (as is generally the case) combinations of these attributes. When a college football program signs Cutter Boley or any other prospect, it won't be because that coach believes the prospect is 100% ready to play like an All American in their system. It is a development agreement between the coach and player, with a projected chance of success and a nonzero chance of failure.

This could not be farther from the truth. Factually speaking, Stoops has actually done very well recruiting against TN. You seem to hold misimpressions that are easily refuted based on publicly available information. These current Wildcats held committable offers from both UK and TN-

Sam Anaele

Jordan Anthony

Barion Brown

Ty Bryant

Deondre Buford

Jager Burton

Tyreese Fearbry

Josaih Hayes

Josh Jones

Dane Key

Tanner Lemaster

Jordan Lovett

Octavious Oxendine

Andru Phillips

TreVonn Rybka

Andre Stewart

Martez Thrower

Vito Tisdale

Destin Wade

Keaton Wade

Deone Walker

Trevin Wallace

JJ Weaver

LaVell Wright

These 2023 UK signees also had committable TN offers-

Jaremiah Anglin

Anthony Brown

Tavion Gadson

Grant Godfrey

Shamar Porter

Tommy Ziesmer

-this just in: just landed a kid for the 24 class with a ut offer. ItS A GOL DuRN MuRAcle!@1!!.

Aw, sweetie 💕 lmao

True that. I don't follow the NFL closely, just how many NFL QBs has Chumlee produced?

Really don't think TN will be UK's chief competition for this player. Do like UK's chances as long as Coen doesn't get rabbit in his blood. Long way to go.
I figure it depends on what is meant by "rabbit in his blood". I mean, a well-timed pregnancy might just keep him here long enough this time to figure out Lexington >>> So Cal or similar if raising a family.

True that. I don't follow the NFL closely, just how many NFL QBs has Chumlee produced?

Really don't think TN will be UK's chief competition for this player. Do like UK's chances as long as Coen doesn't get rabbit in his blood. Long way to go.
Bradford. Landry Jones. Drew Lock.

IMO Coen has tasted both levels at the highest spots, and his career goal this to now be a power 5 CFB head coach.

Loves playcalling against college schemes with the pro-offense college rules. Likes that CFB coach has total control from personnel to staff to scheduling (somewhat).

NFL is never giving total control to coaches anymore. And he learned the hard way with the 2022 Rams, in the NFL if you haven't got a reliable durable QB you are dead. Even if you get an NFL job you answer to a GM who picks your roster & staff. And also most of the time answer to a meddling owner who thinks he is smarter than you about football.

In hindsight he saw how Mark Stoops was a benevolent dictator, answers to only a hands off AD who stays away since the money is rolling in. And wants that coaching life.

Hendon Hooker would likely have won the Heisman had he not gotten injured, that offense put up ridiculous numbers and beat Alabama, and people are wondering why a QB would visit UT? LmAO!

I'd have to wonder just a little if he DIDN'T visit.
He wasnt winning shit that game was over when he got hurt .

We don't "know anyone's order" on the QB offers. We will eventually though.
No we don’t and they still have time to evaluate and change. But it’s not like it means nothing at this point if both guys came on the same weekend and one left with a written offer. Both had verbals and a written can’t go out until the spring of sophomore year. Essentially right now. So if one left with one and one didn’t, it says something

He wasnt winning shit that game was over when he got hurt .

Losing that game wasn't costing him the Heisman. The fact that he wasn't putting up more stats the rest of the season is what let Williams (playing in a SUBSTANTIALLY WEAKER CONFERENCE get ahead of him and others.

Williams and Hooker were both better last year than the USC QB.

We know 1 thing. Montgomery didn't get a "written offer" as that is an ncaa violation. He couldn't get that until Aug 2024.
‘According to the NCAA rules, college coaches are not allowed to offer scholarships to recruits before August 1 or September 1, depending on the sport, of a student-athlete's junior year. These rules apply to all sports except football, women's and men's basketball, and baseball.’

‘For the sports exempt from the NCAA rule mentioned above, Division I college coaches can make offers in the second half of sophomore year’

I have a kid that played baseball. Written offers went to some guys spring of their sophomore year.

I think half of Levis INTs are on his receivers. He throws the ball too hard, it bounces off their hands and right into the arms of DBs

NFL WRs will be far more capable of catching those passes.

Also think this past year is a throwaway year on stats for him because he was playing in a poor offensive scheme under a coordinator that got fired while taking top 2-3 most sacks in all of college football.
Chicken dinner...

Was Levis considered a draft prospect at Penn St.? No, he wasn't. And, yet, he surely had similar measurements there as he does now?
He didn’t play in a passing scheme tho. They used him more as a runner. Cohen saw his potential so obviously pro scouts did too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT